I Finally Found Him

Sober Hearts

JESSICA'S POV

We talked and talked until we felt really tired that we just unconsciously dozed off.

During that span of time, I learned a lot about him. And hopefully, it was vice versa. He told me that he was an only child-- he often feels alone at home since his parents aren't really that much home-based people. They travel here and there. It was only a coincidence that his mother was there when I came to their house. I guess that's all I learned from him. The next topic was about me.

He asked what really happened between me and Jae. But being the gentleman that he is, he asked first whether it's alright to talk about it. I said, " Yes. Of course. It's all in the past anyway. And it's all been fixed. " He gave me one of his shy smiles and I began story-telling.

If before, I cry every time I remember our fairy-tale-turned-tragedy, now, I laugh at it.

I really messed up my life at that time.

I finished by telling him that me and Jae decided that we shouldn't try again. Maybe we were just meant to meet and to love each other once. Maybe we're not really meant to be.

The whole span of time I was talking, Hae was just looking at me. Nodding if he agrees with my side opinions or shaking his head if he doesn't.

He pulled me closer to him and said, "You've been through a lot. I can't promise that I won't make you cry nor hurt you, but I promise that I won't make you go through the same thing again."

And that's the last thing I remembered before I slipped off to dreamland.

I woke up because I heard some shutter sounds. Cameras.

Oh my gosh. Cameras. I instantly opened my eyes and search for the camera. Right in front of my eyes, there is mobile phone, camera facing me

Hae had a victorious smile painted on his face. I ran my hands on my face and hair, examining if I had dry saliva or messy hair. Phew. No dry saliva, I didn't drool while sleeping. But... ultra super mega messy hair.

I tried to snatch the phone out of his hands to delete the photos, but I wasn't fast enough.

"Yah~ Delete those photos!", I demanded.

He stuck his tongue out and said, "No. I'm going to keep this. It's my first time waking up beside a beautiful girl. Best way to start a day right. "

I blushed. He indirectly said I was beautiful. There are a lot of people telling me that, but when he said it, I felt flattered ten times.

He saw my face turn red and he laughed. This crazy, childish, adorable and lovable little guy. How come I just met him just now? I'm so fortunate to have him by my side. I giggled at the thought.

"You can show yourselves now, you know.", Hae shouted. Huh? Who was he talking to?

And one by one, they appeared from the wall that covered the stairs.

So they're there all along? *crimson face*

They cheerfully greeted me and I awkwardly responded. I felt a warm hand embracing me by my waist, adding up to the redness of my face.

The smiles of their faces became bigger. I looked at Hae and he was also smiling. How could I resist that adorbs smile? So I smiled back, releasing the awkward feelings.

"So shall we have a celebration over breakfast?", Leeteuk said with a teasing tone.

"Celebration for what?", I acted like I had no idea what they were talking about.

I guess Hae caught up fast with my antics and acted with me.

"Maybe Taeyeon... ", he looked at me with a half-surprised half-i-don't-believe-it look.

"Oh my gosh. Taeyeon, don't tell me....", I added another incomplete sentence to keep them hanging and make the atmosphere more intense.

"Teuk.. are you now a..?", Hae catches up fast. Impressive. It's our time to have fun.

"YAH! WHAT ARE YOU TWO TALKING ABOUT?! ", Taeyeon shouted. Ooh she's already pissed off. Time to drop the bomb!

I gave a signal to Hae, he understood easily, and we both said,

"Taeyeon's pregnant?!", hooray for mind conversations~

Everyone's jaw dropped, especially Tae and Teuk's. Mission success. Me and Hae gave each other a high five.

It took quite some time for them to buffer and get over it. The funny thing was, Tae's face was redder than anything I've ever seen before.

"Y-yah! Don't joke about that stuff." , she said, unable to lift her head to look at us.

It was the first time that Taeyeon reacted like that due to my joke. Oh no. Don't you dare really think that she really is pregnant. She asked me to buy "a girl stuff" last week, so it wouldn't really be possible. Wink wink to the girls who understands.

"We were just joking. But with all honesty, we really have no idea what you were talking about.", said Hae. I just nodded vigorously to show my intense agreement to him.

"Don't act like you don't know."., said Fany.

"yeah. We know you know what we mean. Wait I sounded so redundant on that one.", said Hyo.

There's no point in denying anything from them. After years of spending time with them, I learned that their persistency is way too strong to be compared to and battled against my denial state.

However, I wasn't the one who broke the stream of denial-- it was Hae.

"As you may all know, and as I've mentioned earlier when I asked permission if I could court this beautiful friend of yours, I have.. feelings for Jessica, and with so many turn of events that have happened, I finally had conveyed my true feelings for her to her. That sounded wrong but my brain isn't really functioning well right now, so just let it be. Actually, my confession to her should have been at the same time when I asked permissionfrom you guys, but she ran away. To make the long story short, I finally got her to allow me to court her.", he finished with a shy yet proud smile on his face.

But...

"Wait. You what? When?", I'm really lost. Really really lost.

"Oh. Yeah.You ran away even before he could say anything.", said Kyuhyun.

**FLASHBACK**

KYUHYUN's POV

It was weird. One moment Jessica was with us, the other, she vanished. Funny how after she received a text message, I suppose, she ran really fast, fast enough that the moment we realized she left, she was already gone. And my dear friend over here, is at lost for words.

Everyone tried to contact her, but she was really wise. She knew that we would do this, so she turned her phone off, making it impossible for us to reach her. We never got a hold on her that day.

As we entered school, everyone was chattering about something, about someone. I did my best to eavesdrop and gather as much data as possible. And based on those data, it would be safe to conclude that the talk circulating all throughout the campus is about Jessica.

They said that there was something unusual about her when she entered the room. It was like she was a whole different person.

And rumors are spreading that they saw Jae and her together yesterday, and they are speculating that they could have fixed their relationship.

Maybe I wasn't the only one who did some eavesdropping. The moment Hae heard of the possible relationship thing, he stormed away from us. We planned on chasing after him, but the eldest and wisest among us, Leeteuk, stopped us from doing so.

He said that "we should just let him be for the mean time. Let him cool down and clear his thoughts. Following him would only add up to problem.", and so we did.

We were already in the room and so was the girls. I was shocked that Seohyun was also there. I guess there are perks of not entering class late after all.

We approached them, since we were already close from one another, unfortunately, I haven't had a long conversation with Seo.

They were talking about how it could have been possible that Jaejoong and Jessica already resolved their problems and decided to get back together. If yesterday they were worried, today, those worried doubled.

Jessica suddenly appeared halfway during the conversation which shocked us.

It was that moment when they all got serious. They were asking Jessica, however, she was not confirming nor denying anything. But her answers were leaning on the confirming side, so they already assumed that they got back.

"Unnie, michingeoya?"That sweet voice. Despite feeling shock upon hearing Seo talk like that, I still felt extremely happy like crazy.

However, it was not only her that had to say anything.

When you'd think about it, you wouldn't possibly think that someone so carefree and so chill in life would let go of some serious words of wisdom. Hyoyeon gave off an extremely serious and mad aura.

What shocked us greatly was when Jessica laughed even though everyone was on the verge of killing her.

We were in a daze, our brain buffering from the sudden outburst, when suddenly, someone grabbed her hand and took her.

It took us two blinks for the scenario so sink in to us. It happened really fast. No one had any friggin' idea as to what had just happened and as to who was the one who grabbed her.

For the whole lecture session, the girls and us guys were not paying attention, our thoughts are still pre-occupied by the happenings moments ago. Hey, I also pay attention in class too, just so you know. Even if I act like I don't.

Class ended and again, we gathered together to think of who could possibly be with Sica or where could she be.

When the teacher was no longer in sight, we saw two figures stand up from the outside of the classroom.

Jessica... with Hae. Ohoho. So she was with my dear friend all this time. Smooth move, Hae.

As soon as we realized it was them, we ran to them and trapped them by surrounding them. It's only that I can confirm that girls really do have skills in getting the details that they want from you.

And with that being said, it didn't take long for Jessica and Hae to tell us what happened. Actually, Jessica did most of the talking while Hae did a lot of staring.

Oh. So we get it, Jessica and Jaejoong didn't really get back together. Yes, they were together yesterday. And yes, they resolved their relationship problem. However, they decided go their own ways now. I guess the guys isn't an a$$h★le.

It was lunch break already and like always, we headed to the cafeteria together.

I just noticed the simple moves Hae is making. The GENTLEMAN moves to be exact. Good choice when capturing women, it's their weakness anyway. Casanova lessons 101, everybody.

Of course I also want to capture the heart of the beautiful woman sitting in front of me. This beautiful, innocent and beautiful (oh I already said that. But anyway..). So, I also brought her food. She gave a small smile as I placed the tray in front of her. THAT SMALL ADORABLE SMILE I FEEL LIKE FAINTING. Oh-kay. That sounded gay.

We were minding our own business, possibly absorbed in our own little world, when someone, also small, came running to our table and shocked us.

"Is it true?!" she half-shouted the moment she reached our table which made us jump in shock.

"Oh. I'm sorry for this behavior. I was just so hyped up about what I heard. So tell me, is it really true?", she excitedly asked.

It wasn't only me who seemed to be confused and clueless as to what Sunny was talking about. We gave each other a questioning look, trying to see if someone, anyone, had any idea as to what she was referring, and I guess no one did.

Seeing that we didn't get what she as saying, she continued, "Is it true that you and *coughs* Hae *coughs* are already dating?", good thing I wasn't drinking anything, cause if I was, I would've probably spit it out and humiliate myself in front of Seo.

We've often felt the feeling of being shocked these past few days, that's my observation. I could see that Jessica is turning red and so is Hae. Oooh. Are they really? Well, based on their actions, it wouldn't me impossible. So, I guess they are.

It took some time before one of them answered. Jessica was about to speak when Hae beat her to it. He answered a "No, we're not dating."

Really how frequent do we have to be shocked by these people in one day? My body isn't prepared to absorb this much.

And suddenly, Jessica gathered her things and stood up.

We weren't able to process anything yet when she stood up and left. I guess Hae was also feeling the same thing. Things were happening really fast that we can no longer catch up.

The moment we realized what had happened, she was already out of our sight.

With a sigh, Hae took a sit and trapped his face in between his hands. I can feel his frustration, Even his ears were telling us he actually was. We just let him keep quiet for a while, and waited for him to initiate the next move.

"I have to tell you guy something.", he said. And that's when I knew he was going to tell something serious, something about his feelings. Don't get me wrong, even the rest of us already seen some hints. The atmosphere also is a dead giveaway.

We looked at each other then nodded at him.

"I.... I don't know how it happened or how it developed so fast but...", he paused for quite some time. The girls got frustrated because he was such a cliff-hanger and so they half-shouted a "But?! Go on!"

"But.. I think I already like Jessica."

Eh. As predicted. However, the girls' reaction were a mix, different from us guys. If us guys gave him a shrug and a proud thumbs up, the girls followed up their earlier shouting scene. And in chorus, they shouted, "You think?!"

It's quite an amusing scene actually. How are they able to do that? It's like their brains are connected that one's thought is the same as the others. Are they telepaths or something? If they are, I'm not sure if I'd be amazed or weirded out.

"I'm not so sure yet. All I know is that, I feel different around her. Don't accuse me of making her a rebound because what I feel for her is real. I can feel it."

"Wait. What? Rebound?", asked Tiffany.

Oh crap. They didn't know Hae had a previous relationship and recently just broke up. Is this a bad thing?

"I..", he paused and sighed. "I had a girlfriend before I met you guys. She's also from here. But! But we broke up months ago."

"So, you're telling us right now that you had a girlfriend and broke up not so long ago and at this very moment, you THINK you have feelings for our friend?", Taeyeon answered, putting emphasis on think.

"Y-yes. Kind of.", wrong answer dude. Wrong answer. That pissed them off even more.

"What reaction do you expect from us exactly? And to think that your ex is also from here? Wha--", Hyoyeon ranted and that moment, the quiet and beautiful girl spoke.

"Can you please tell us who the girls is?", she politely said despite the black aura behind her.

The guys and I looked at each other. If Hae would tell them who she is, it would make the whole situation turn from bad to worse. However, avoiding the question would also lead up to the same thing. What beautiful and dangerous creatures girls are.

"It's Yoona.", I guess he took the risk. You could really see the shock in their eyes. Their reaction, however, is more shocking. For a split second, their eyes were round with surprise, the next, they're small with laughter of disbelief. I couldn't blame them. Hae and Yoona were really good at hiding when they were together. No one would ever hint if there was something between them, not even us. If he didn't tell us, we wouldn't have known.

The girls were unsure if they should laugh or what. The thought seemed unbelievable, but Hae's seriousness made them doubt their judgment.

"Just, let me prove myself to you guys, to her. Please.", he was pleading. I don't want to sound so feminine, but I can feel his sincerity. I've known him for so long now that I can tell whether he really means something or not.

No matter how much we perceive girls as dangerous, we would always be proven wrong by situations like these. No matter how much we judge them as the hard-headed and unmovable-hearted types, we'd always think twice when we see them like this. Because no matter how bad we may be to them, their hearts would always find a way to forgive us and look for the good in us, just like a mother to her child.

They were teary-eyed when they approached Hae. They formed a circle around him and embraced him.

"Just make sure you never do the same thing Jae did to her or else we wouldn't hesitate breaking every part of your body.", Sooyoung said, which made them laugh. "I'm serious though."

*END OF KYUHYUN'S POV & FLASHBACK*

That made my jaw drop. How could I possibly have been this close-minded? How could I have let my emotions take over? I mind-slapped myself.

"So that's what you missed when you suddenly took off. And then the next day, we were shocked with your change.", Kyuhyun added.

"Yeah. What was that all about? I mean, you were the same, but something seemed off. I thought I was the only one who noticed. Good to know I wasn't.", Eunhyuk replied.

I was ashamed of myself right at that moment. I didn't want to expose to them my close-mindedness. I didn't want to let them know that I ended up changing myself just so I could feel better. I didn't want to let them know how I chose to use a guy as a rebound just so I could get some revenge.

Hae saw how I seemed stuck and pained, so he answered. "It's alright. It's all in the past now. That's what matter the most, right?", he said and looked at me, smiled and squeezed my hand.

That was the comfort I've craved for. The feeling that someone is willing to accept me no matter what happened in the past, is willing to let it all go and move on.

I smiled at him. I finally found him.