It Just Happens

Sober Hearts

“You can never control who you fall in love with, even when you’re in the most sad, confused time of your life. You don’t fall in love because they’re fun. It just happens.”, said Kirsten Dunst

 

True. Even if you feel like you’re carrying the world on both of your shoulders, it won’t be a barrier for love to come your way.

 

No matter how much you try yourself to be bitter about love, it won’t be enough to stop your heart from beating for someone at the right time.

 

Indeed, love comes unexpectedly.

 

A moment ago, you were going crazy because the one you love left you hanging, but then..

 

Life had its own plan for you and you barged into someone who would make your heart skip a beat again.

 

A few seconds ago, you thought you couldn’t live without that other person, but cupid intervened and introduced you to the new person who’d let you understand that everything will get better in time....

 

JESSICA’S POV

 

Lalala~ Lalala~ Dress up time! Ever since last night, I had this unexplainably weird feeling that I should dress up even more today. I don’t know why, but I like it! I’ve been mixing and matching my tops, bottoms and shoes in my mind all night.

 

I thought I already made up my mind last night, but the moment I tried it on, I felt I had to do a bit more.

 

So, I rummaged through my closet and tried everything on, but nothing seems to match my taste today. I had the feeling I should check for more.

 

I’ve already checked all the doors on the top part of cabinets, and nothing. Then I tried opening the drawer on the very bottom of my cabinet and saw a simple white tube.

 

It was so simple, but there seems to be an outside force forcing me to take the dress and wear it. My brain was already shouting “GO AND WEAR THAT!” Since I couldn’t go against my mother board, I took the dress and put it on.

 

I, myself, was amazed of what I looked like in that dress.

 

Going out of the house, I passed by the pet shop and saw a very adorable pink dog collar. Its color was feminine, but the design doesn’t specifically side with any gender.

 

Uni! That’s the word I’m looking for!

 

Being the open-fisted that I am, I went in the shop and bought it without any hesitation. I have to give this to him as a present.

 

I took a cab on my way here because I’m not really fond of driving my car when I go to places where I relax. The GPS thingy attached to it makes me “vulnerable” to my parents finding out my whereabouts, enabling them to ruin my unwinding time.

 

I arrived at the sisters’ house and it didn’t take long before the other girls came in. To my surprise, they were also carrying their gifts for Romeo.

 

As expected, Fany and I bought and brought pink-colored presents, and the rest brought blue ones. They asked us why we bought pink-colored ones although we know Romeo is a male. They also said that pink doesn’t also suit him, and it only makes him look gay.

 

While we were hanging out, I kind of had this strange feeling, like someone somewhere was looking at me. But I shrugged it off, thinking that it’s a bit ridiculous for someone to do that, and it’s kind of impossible since this is a secluded area.

 

I tried my best to ignore the paranoid feeling, and preoccupy myself with other things, but it was just so disturbing, so I went out to the terrace, making myself believe that I just need some fresh air.

 

But as I was welcomed fresh oxygen in my system, I saw five figures of what seems to be guys standing near one of the windows of the house.

 

Oh wait... They’re not just standing there, they’re trying to take a peek of the inside of the house.

 

Ah-huh! My sixth sense didn’t let me down.

 

I made my way down the stairs and out of the house without looking at the girls who were in the living room, and to the culprits who were peeping.

 

I walked straight to the group of peeping toms without even considering the fact that I’m as defenceless as a stray puppy.

 

Well, too late for that realization. I’m already standing right behind them, so I just tapped one of the guys’ shoulder and asked boldly, without a hint of fear, or so I think..

 

“Yah! What do you think are you doing there peeping through that window?! You --”

 

Shocked. That’s what I felt when  I saw...

 

 

 

*dolphin scream*

 

*faints*

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

*opens eyes*

 

What? Where am I? What happened to me?

 

Omg. Do I have amnesia or something? Why am I asking questions like those?

 

*forces self to remember previous events*

 

I saw them, and I fainted. I saw one of the most terrifying thing in the world.

 

A cucumber plant outside the house.

 

Wait. I fainted outside, so how did I end up inside this room? I know this room, and I know that this is still Yul and Seo’s house, but who could’ve lifted me and brought me here? I don’t think that the girls did, they’re not that strong.

 

OMG! D-did those erted guys carry me up to here?! ( O . O )
 

And maybe this room just looks the same as to the sisters’ room, and in fact I’m inside a random guy’s house. No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

 

*raises blanket covering my body*

 

I’m still wearing my clothes, and I don’t feel anything weird.

 

But.. it’s also possible that I lost consciousness for a long time that the pain subsided and my clothes were put on me right after it happened.

 

“AAAAAAAAAANIIIIIIIIIIIIYOOOOOOOOOOOOO! KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!”

 

* bloogsh blaagsh blooogsh!*

 

“WHAT’S WRONG?! WHAT HAPPENED?!” , said the guy who came rushing in.

 

( O . O )

 

“Wha-what are you doing here?!” *screams hysterically again*

 

“Nugu? Who’s here?”, he said in a panic tone as he held a bat in his hand .

 

“You! I’m referring to you! Who let you in here?!”

 

*looks underneath the blanket again* *thinks of the possibilities, AGAIN*

 

[A/N: Dear my beloved readers, please cover your ears and ready your eardrums. Wait for it... 3, 2, 1...]

 

“What’s wrong? Why are you crying? Are you hurt? Jess?”

 

How could he? I thought he wasn’t the type of guy. I never thought he could do that to me. He  couldn’t have possibly done that.

 

He looked so worried. He had this look in his eyes that shows he cares. He was carefully checking my elbows, my knees and my shoulders.

 

I held back my tears and made a smile. Maybe it was just my mind running crazy and imagine things.

 

No other guy has ever cared for me like this much for a long time.

 

I got caught in that moment that I didn’t realize I was already gazing at him for a long time. It was only when our eyes met that I snapped out of my trance.

 

Our eyes met and there was this moment when everything us seemed to have stop. My eyes locked to his, and his eyes locked to mine.

 

Slowly, as if we had all the time in the world, our faces drew closer and closer and...

 

*booooooooooom*

 

He fell down the bed. Hahaha. He looks so cute. ( > 3 < )

 

But wait.. did we just.. if he didn’t we could’ve possibly...

 

I can really feel my face heating up, and I know my cheeks are flush red. ( > . < ) Kyaah~ Oh. Why did I feel so happy inside? It’s like a ticklish feeling inside my heart. I feel happy and awkward.. and disappointed at the same time. Waaah~ Erase the disappointed part.

 

Do something, Jessie. Do something!

 

I just extended my hands to help him get back on his foot, and at that moment, as soon as our skin had contact, I felt electric current flow through my hand. But I just shrugged off the feeling. The moment is already awkward, reacting to that would make this situation even more awkward.

 

Better not worsen this.

 

“Uhm.. Gomawo, Donghae-ssi.”

 

“Ah. Gwenchanayo. Donghae-ssi again. I told you, just call me Hae. Hahaha.”

 

“Mianhaeyo~ Looks like I owe you something again, aye? You already saved me twice. Why am I so clumsy? Aiish. How can I ever repay you?”

 

“It’s alright. It’s my pleasure saving you. I’ll think about how you could repay me later, I’ll just inform you if something comes in mind.”, he winked and gave me one his jaw-and--dropping smile that I can’t help myself but too also smile.

 

“But, thank you, really. Btw, where are the others? Where are the girls?”

 

“They told me that they’ll go out for a while. They’re just going to buy some food. My other friends went with them also. And that leaves me here.”

 

“I’m really sorry for putting you in this trouble. Pabo, Jessica. Pabo! Jeongmal mianhae.”

 

“I told you already, it’s alright. Just relax and take some rest. You fainted and that scared the hell out of me. Don’t ever do that again, okay?”

 

I smiled and nodded and answered, “Okay. I promise.”

 

The whole time we were alone, we just talked and talked. I felt comfortable and safe with him.

 

Well, maybe because he saved me twice already.

 

He is now officially my hero. ( ^ _ ^ )

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

How come the others haven’t arrive yet? It’s already late.

 

We were already down stairs and we were sitting in the sofa, but the absence of my friends worry me.

 

So I stood up and walked to the door and checked of they’re there, but no sign of them.

 

I paced back and forth. I felt uneasy.

 

“Hey. Jess? I know you’re worried, but trust me, your friends sort of like have four bodyguards.”

 

“Well, yeah. Yeah. I guess so. Hahaha”

 

“Let me tell you what, Jess. I bet your hungry right now. You want to eat? I could prepare something delicious and at the same time healthy food for you.”

 

“No. No, Hae. Let me do it. You’re the guest here.”

 

“I am totally disagreeing with you, Jess. You fainted back then, I couldn’t risk you getting tired and fainting again, could I? Let me do it. Alright?”

 

He then smiled at me. A smile that would melt my heart.

 

What did I just say?

 

This couldn’t possibly be happening. Okay. I’m just grateful to him. That’s all.

 

I just sat at the kitchen counter, watching him cook coolly.

 

He looked like he was a professional, and the food smelled delicious.

 

I was fascinated by the sight of him cooking because nowadays, it’s kind of rare to see a guy cook by himself.

 

Instead of looking weird in the pink apron, he kinda looked more manly in it.

 

“Okay. Dinner’s ready. Eat as much as you want so that you’ll gain some strength. Arraso?”

 

I just nodded. I couldn’t even dare reject his offer, though I don’t really have the appetite to eat.

.

.

.

.

“Hey. How come you’re not eating? Are you not hungry?”

 

I just notice how he was just sitting right in front of me, not eating but was somehow just....

 

Looking at me.

 

Eeh! Here I am assuming again. Psh! >.<

 

“Hahaha. I’m sorry. Could you please pass that plate?”, he said pointing the plate in front of me.

 

*electric short-circuit feeling again*

 

O.O

 

I took back my hand as soon as I felt that again.

 

But I just looked at him and he just smiled to me. I guess... he didn’t feel what I felt.

 

So I just ate there silently. Not even giving a single glance at him.

 

I don’t know. I sort of like felt bad after that.

 

Hmm. Thinking that it was just a coincidence or just a psychological thing somehow made me feel better, so I just continued eating and didn’t mind that incident.

 

We finished eating, but the others haven’t comeback yet.

 

We had nothing else to do but watch the idiot box.. or the so-called “television”.

 

But the moment I reached a certain channel..

 

My heart broke into several tiny bits of pieces...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Once again.