#25 Failed protection

Forgotten love

Even though I'm 10 weeks pregnant, it doesnt stop me from playing soccer. I have grown to love soccer because of Nichkhun. We were going for our merged sports lesson today. Nichkhun grabbed my hand and volunteered to play with me, because he was dead sure that he would protect me from flying balls.

He held onto my waist and whispered into my ear, wanting me to be careful as he went to pick the ball that i missed. I wanted to walk to the side to rest as I was feeling giddy. Giddy from the sunlight, giddy from the running and most importantly, giddy from hunger.

I walked slowly towards the side when a ball hit my leg. I looked up in annoyance and saw Hyuna looking at me. Nichkhun picked up the ball and spun around, smiling at me. His smile faded when he saw a ball kicked towards me.

I saw Hyuna passing the ball to her ally, a guy and he kicked the ball in my direction. I tried to avoid that ball but it hit me on the side of my tummy. I slipped on the mud and fell onto the ground. I shrieked in pain and grabbed my shirt, the place where my tummy was.

Nichkhun ran towards me and carried me bridal style. Chansung heard the commotion from the other field and saw Nichkhun carrying me out of the field and he saw me in pain. He immediately ditched the game he was in and ran towards us. On the way of chasing us, he called the ambulance.

I held tightly on my shirt, trying to divert the pain away, but it got worse. I let out a yelp that i suppressed for a while. Nichkhun looked down at me in his arms and got very worried when he saw that look of pain.

I grabbed onto his arm and buried my face on his chest, biting my lip. But there was a bigger pain that enveloped me. I was beginning to lose strength and my grip on his arm loosened. Nichkhun looked down at me and he saw me in so much pain.

"Fei, Fei, Baby girl, stay with me. We are reaching the office."

"Oppa, I'm..."

"Please stay with me..."

"Fei! Hyung! What happened to her?!"

"Ask Hyuna."

I looked at Chansung weakly. Then Nichkhun saw the ambulance and Chansung looked at Nichkhun, telling him that he was the one who called for it. 

When i saw the ambulance, a wave of pain shot through me and everything out.

"Fei? Fei? Fei! GOD, she passed out!"

"Baby! Wake up baby!"

Nichkhun carried me into the stretcher and both him and Chansung followed me in the ambulance to the hospital. When we reached, I slowly regained my consciousness. I held onto Chansung's hand and the both of them looked down at me.

"Don't worry baby girl, you are gonna be alright..."

"Baby, dont worry baby..."

I only managed a smile and then everything turned black. The next time I woke up, i was in the ward, and I looked at my surroundings. Nichkhun was on the couch and Chansung was next to me, holding onto my right hand.

I placed my left hand on my tummy and tried to feel for a heartbeat in me. I ran my hand on my tummy and then clutched the sheets under my palm as there was a weird sensation in me. I felt... empty. Empty. For some reason.

I started tearing and that woke Chansung. When Chansung stirred, Nichkhun woke up too. Nichkhun immediately stood up and ran outside, looking for the doctor. I tried sitting up and pain shot through me.

I asked Chansung weakly, "Is the baby still there?", and placed my hand on my tummy. He suddenly looked down and held my hand tightly. I braced myself for the worst. "Just tell me, is the baby still there?"

No sound from him. "TELL ME!" I shouted, tearing. He looked up at me and squeezed my hand.