#2 The Misunderstanding

Forgotten love

"Fei... Look at the tabloids..." Minho then handed me a magazine the next morning. 'Popular Princess Fei and Hot Prince Chansung - in a relationship?' and there was a picture of me in Chansung's arms. "WHAT?! What is this?" I threw the magazine on the table and stared at my breakfast.

Minho moved my breakfast plate away and placed the magazine in front of me, making me stare at the cover photo. He asked me if I could remember the picture taken? I stared hard at the picture and realised - Wait. Isn't this the moment I accidentally fell into his arms?

Which reporter took that?! How dare he used the picture! Then I saw what made the headlines the headlines. At the angle where the picture was taken, it is easily mistaken that we were kissing. The caption below states: "Idols found kissing at top of staircase"

 

"This is an angle problem! We... we weren't even kissing!" I whined. I hated being maligned like this. "What to do..." Minho sighed and lowered his head. At rhis moment, Minho's mobile phone rang. "Minho, let's meet. We have to discuss about the matter in the magazine." And the caller hung up. Minho sighed and stood up.

"Who was that?" I asked. "It was Chansung's manager, Min." He said blatantly. "Why is she looking for you?" I asked with a bad feeling in my gut. "I don't know. Let's go and see."

 

We arrived at the meeting place in half an hour. Through my sunglasses, I saw Chansung in his sunglasses, leaning against the car with Min standing next to him. Min then motioned for Minho to stop the car. What is he doing here?

"Minho. What do we do?" Min asked the moment she saw Minho. "Well, there is no other way except for one." Minho paused and looked at the two of us - we were throwing dagger looks at each other. "But looking at them," He said and pointed at us with his eyes. "This might not work... Plus Chansung has a scandal girlfriend-"

Chansung heard what Minho said and exclaimed, "What scandal girlfriend?! She said it herself! I did not acknowledge that! Please don't put words in my mouth!" "Chansung... Calm down." Min looked at him and said. Chansung blew air at his bangs and continued to glare at me.

"Minho, the solution you said earlier, will it work? This would not affect their work schedules right?" Min questioned, like she was starting to grasp the idea Minho was talking about. "Well it wouldn't. But if there is a need, they may have to go to events together." He said and that caught my attention.

I walked towards Minho and questioned, "Why?" Minho shared a look with Min and took a deep breath. "Because... you are Chansung's fianceé after today's conversation."

"WHAT?!" Both Chansung and I exclaimed. "I object!" I shouted but things just wouldn't go my way as I heard Chansung saying smugly, "I have no objections." "No objections?! Have you gone mad?" I stared at Chansung in disbelief.

"Minho...Do you have any objections?" Min asked. Minho did not speak. I looked at him with pleading eyes and lowered my tone in my speech and said, "Please... I don't want to..."

But my pleas fell on deaf ears as Minho said, "Oh well, let's do it. But we have to tell the higher-ups about the plan." He looked at me and shrugged his shoulders. I looked at Minho and said: "Why?"

He ignored me and continued: "So the day after tomorrow, we shall hold a press conference to prevent the reporters from writing nonsense." And we left.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

So how was it so far? Any comments? 😊