#12 The Fact

Forgotten love

Chansung walked back to the car with the reporters following him at a distance. He opened the car door and Fei poked her head out to see if the reporters are following. Chansung cupped her face with his hands, then gave Fei a peck on her lips and used his thumbs to caress her cheeks.

Chansung then closed the door, signalling that they were going to leave. When the reporters saw that, they took it as a cue and came rushing towards the car. Chansung quickly entered the other side to the passenger seat, next to Fei as Minho drives off.

"Are you alright?" Chansung asked in concern, holding onto my arm, gently blowing on my scratches. "I'm fine," i said, almost unable to force a smile. "Stop lying. I know you are not. Dear, just tell me what is bothering you..." he said to me, hands on my face. "I'm just..." and tears started to pool. Without a second word, he brought me into his arms and patted my head, then giving me a kiss on my forehead.

When we reached the place of my show, Chansung received a phone call from his manager saying that he has a last minute schedule to go to. He was afraid that the reporters would come harass me, so he sent me up before leaving. We went for our respective schedules.

Little did we know, what fate had in stall for us, a little harmless joke.

 

[CHANSUNG'S POV]

I received a phone call from Hyuna herself, and I rejected it. Then my manager called me. I answered because it maybe an urgency, but I hear Hyuna's voice on the other end. 

 "Chansung dear... Why didnt you answer my call? I have something to tell you. My mom wants to meet you. She only knows you as her daughter's boyfriend. So dont worry. I am at Blu Restaurant."

"I didnt say i will go. And why does your mom want to meet me? You and I are not a couple ok."

"Dear... Just come. I have someone else waiting for you too."

Hyuna then ended the call. I became irritated as she just assumes that I would answer to her beck and call. I didnt want to oblige to her but what made me change my mind was, "I have someone else waiting for you too."

Who could she have waiting for me? Fei's image flew past my mind. I then walked to the carpark to get my car and drove. I tried to call Fei but she wasnt picking up. Thinking she was busy, i didnt expect her to be there with Hyuna.

 

[FEI'S POV]

"Drats. Phone died." I muttered. Then Minho's phone rang, and I answered.

"Hello, is this Minho? I am Fei's mother. Is she around? I cant get her on her phone so, can you pass the phone to her?"

Why does she have Minho's mobile number? I stared hard at the phone number embedded on the screen.

"This is Fei. How the hell did you get Minho's number? And dont just say you are my mother. What do you want? Speak your piece now or I will hang up."

"Please Fei, listen to me... I just wanna have lunch with you... Just come over, I have someone to introduce to you. I am at Blu Restaurant."

She just hung up, on me. I was angered but at the same time, curius to know who she had to introduce to me and what she planned to do if I was there. So i decided to go.

 

Chansung arrived at the restaurant first. He walked in and saw Hyuna sitting there, without her mother. He went over and stood in front of her, and said, "Na, you said your mother wants to see me but where is she? If you are lying, i am leaving."

Then there was a tap on his shoulder from behind. He spun around and came face to face with Fei's mother. "You-" he started and paused. The mother said, "So you are Hyuna's boyfriend? What about Fei?" Chansung couldnt reply as he was shocked so she gave up and she asked him to sit next to Hyuna.

Minutes later, Fei walked in. She say a guy and a girl's backs facing her and her mother stood up. "She is here!" and the two people spun around and look at her. "Chan-" she started and saw Hyuna's arm around his waist.

 

"Fei, why are you here?" Chansung started.

"I should be asking you that... And Hyuna?" Fei muttered and pointed at Hyuna's arm around her beau's waist.

"Everyone, sit down." The mother bidded them.

"Fei," Chansung reaches out to her, but Fei avoided him.

"Chansung dear, sit with me please." Hyuna said and pulled Chansung to the seat next to her.

"Well, Fei, since you are he- What happened to you?!" Mother said and paused before screaming with worry when she saw Fei's scratched arm.

"Ma, why are you so concerned about Fei?" Hyuna scoffed in Fei's face.

"Well, Fei is your step sister and my biological daughter. Fei, Hyuna is your younger step sister, Uncle's daughter." She looks at Hyuna then at Fei.

"What? You guys are related?"

"What, no! She isnt fit to be my older sister!"

"Do you think I want to?"

"Girls..."

"So, you called me our because of this? To let me see my fiancé and his scandal girlfriend together in front of us? Have you spared a thought for me?"

"Fei..."

"Dear, it isnt like that... Although it is similar... You see, Uncle's business and the parents of Chansung wants a merge in their businesses... So..."

"So, sister, we are gonna get married!" Hyuna squeals in ecstasy.

"What?! Are you serious? Mummy did not tell me anything about this!"

"You are gonna get married with my fiancé? I..." Fei looks down in disappointment.

"Fei..." Chansung started as he tried to reach for her hands on the table but she retracted them.

"Thanks for being there to put on a show for me. For us. You are really stupid to think that he likes you."

"What are you saying?! Fei, dont listen to her."

"People! You girls are both my daughters, how am I supposed to side either one of you?"

"You dont have to, mum, I see what is going on around here. So yeah, thanks for lunch." Fei said and left.

"Fei!"

Chansung broke free from Hyuna and ran towards Fei, he grabs Fei by her arm.

"Let go of me." Fei said throught grited teeth, facing away from him, she doesnt want to let Chansung see her tears.

"I'm not going to. Fei, I will talk to my parents on this matter, I will tell them that we are together and I love you. They will be shocked when they see you and definitely let me be with you." Chansung said and back hugged Fei.

"So you are saying that your parents will allow you to break off the engagement with Hyuna when they see me? Why? Is it because I look like Julyn?" Fei said and struggled free from Chansung.

"Fei, can we not go there?"

"Why? Because you still love her?" Fei said in pain and walked away with Chansung looking at her.