Chapter 03: A reminder

The Closer I Get
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's Saturday, means no class for Soo Jung today. She ends up helping her mom do the grocery. She still haven't get her ID that Jae Hyun just found inside the convenient store. 

While inside the grocery store, Soo Jung asked her mother about the first person who just had a conversation with when they first moved.

Soo Jung: "Mom...how's our neighbor?"
Mrs. Jung: "Oh...Ms. Im?"
Soo Jung have thought why her mother refers Jae Hyun's mother as Im and for that matter not in Mrs.
Soo Jung: "Ms. Im?"
Mrs. Jung: "Yes, you call our neighbor Ms. Im."
Soo Jung: "But I thought she has a son? She supposed to be married right?"
Mrs. Jung: "Yeah...well...it's a bit complicated...."
Soo Jung: "How complicated it is?"
Mrs. Jung: "You see that Ms. Im seems old now, she actually don't have a son, she wasn't married too."
Soo Jung was so confused to what her mom was talking about
Mrs. Jung: "She was actually the one who takes care the house and she refer her boss' son as his son because she's been with this boy since his childhood."
Soo Jung can't seem to absorb all the things she had heard. 
Soo Jung: "Do you mean...the son lives  there? or...they own another house?"
Mrs. Jung noticed that Soo Jung was interested on getting to know their neighbor and said 
Mrs. Jung: "You seem interested with them...have you talk to them?"
Soo Jung: "No....I haven't"
Mrs. Jung: "I guess...you'll have a chance one day, when people in this community gets together."
 

After they did grocery, Soo Jung went to her bedroom, and looks at the window. She takes a glimpse outside and looks out their neighbor's house. She remembers that Ji Ho invited her to see his band for a gig near the town. And since she wants to start a new life, she will take it step by step. Jin Ri, her best friend ask if she ever felt something for Ji Ho more than friends and Soo Jung doesn't quite answer it if she likes him more than a friend but she seems doesn't feel anything more than being a friend but she's happy that she got to meet Ji Ho, as a friend, like an older brother.

It's already 2:30pm and Soo Jung was geting ready to head out. Mr. and Mrs. Jung already knew she will go out and let her be. Soo Jung took a bus, even though she wasn't familiar with the streets and roads in the town. It makes her feel a sense of adventure to find places in her own. 

After 25 minutes of ride to the weekend district, Soo Jung asked the store owners if they knew about Mystic Lounge where Ji Ho and his band will be playing.

Ji Ho sent a message to her that he's just waiting outside so that she can already find hin. Soo Jung was in awe as she sees artistic murals and indie musicians performing in the street, there were also food stalls, shops

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter