Chapter 17 : Expectations and Surprises

The Closer I Get
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week after Soo Jung and Jae Hyun's first date. Jae Hyun's been hanging out in the cafeteria alone and Ji Ho noticed him. Jae Hyun is rather gloomy than being glad because of the said date. Ji Ho tap Jae Hyun's back and he was surprised. 

Jae Hyun: "You surprised me!"

Ji Ho sat at the opposite side of the table and Jae Hyun asked him.

Jae Hyun: "Why are you in here?" 

Ji Ho: "I came here to apologize"

Jae Hyun: "For what?!"

Ji Ho: "The last time I punched you, I apologize for that"

Jae Hyun: "Yeah...well...I kind of forget that already...so you don't need to worry about it. We can still talk to each other like before."

Ji Ho smiled and said "Okay"

Jae Hyun and Ji Ho spent break time together and Ji Ho finally asked Jae Hyun.

Ji Ho: "Where's Soo Jung?" then Jae Hyun suddenly became gloomy

Jae Hyun: "She decided not to spend break time with me"

Ji Ho: "Why?" 

Jae Hyun suddenly rest his head at the table and said : "I don't know...when we have our first date, everything went well but when school started, it seems that she has this distant towards me, and I don't know, it makes me frustrated and sad" 

Jae Hyun: "The other day, I want to hold her hand as we go during breaks but she suddenly move away her hand."

Ji Ho stood up and said "Do you want me to ask her about this?" 

Jae Hyun: "Huh?"

Ji Ho: "It seems you can't approach her about it. I'll try to ask her" Ji Ho walked out of their table and Jae Hyun was stopping him and saying it's okay if he won't do it and  Ji Ho said

Ji Ho: "Don't worry, I will just know her side as well" 

Ji Ho walked away and Jae Hyn left at the table. Jae Hyun wants to talk with Soo Jung but she seems giving a distant of herself to him. 

At the school field, Soo Jung was taking her lunch alone. She wasn't uncomfortable eating alone since she's used to it already. Ji Ho who is looking for her, saw her from a far and decided to ran. When Ji Ho finally reached to Soo Jung's place. 

Ji Ho: "Soo Jung-ah!" while grasping for air, Soo Jung looked at him and said

Soo Jung: "Oh! Ji Ho, what are you doing?" Ji Ho sat next to her and said

Ji Ho: "I am the one who should ask you that, why are you eating alone here?" 

Soo Jung: "I just...feel like it" Then Soo Jung looks down and eating her lunch. Ji Ho looked at her and asked

Ji Ho: "Do you have any problem?"

Soo Jung: "Uhmm...I think it's not a problem though...but I am more being careful."

Ji Ho: "Careful of what? Hey! you just have a date last week, you should suppose to be happy and not this gloomy"

Soo Jung: "I know...I am delighted about Jae Hyun and I in our first date...but when school started...it seems I want to distant myself from him..."

Ji Ho: "Why? You're already a couple right?" 

Soo Jung: "Yes...but it seems people in our school expected Jae Hyun to date someone who is also as perfect as he is...and..." Soo Jung stop talking and Ji Ho said

Ji Ho: "You're afraid of their expectations?" Soo Jung looked at Ji Ho and Ji Ho continued

Ji Ho: "Soo Jung...you should stop thinking about it...Jae Hyun chose you for who you are, it's not because of what others expectations but because Jae Hyun likes the real you. If people can't accept that, at least Jae Hyun does." 

Soo Jung just looked at the ground and realizes that she's been worrying to much. Ji Ho stood up and he said

Ji Ho: "Try to talk to him, he is worried about you" Ji Ho walked away and Soo Jung stood up from her seat. 

Soo Jung: "Ji Ho!" Ji Ho looked back and Soo Jung said

Soo Jung: "Thank you!" 

Ji Ho smirked and said "Just talk to him and he will listen to you" 

After Ji Ho walked away from Soo Jung and heading to class, he saw Su Min. Ji Ho was surprised that she already cut her long and luscious brown hair. 

Ji Ho: "Oh...it's you..." 

Su Min: "Do you still pursue her?"

Ji Ho: "No...I already accept the fact, how about you?"

Su Min smiled and said "Yeah...kind of...accepted it already and besides there are plenty of fish in the sea."

Ji Ho chuckled and Su Min noticed him and asked "What are you laughing at?" 

Ji Ho: "Nothing!" and he kept giggling and Su Min doesn't seem amused with it and she showed an angry expression. Ji Ho looked at her and pats her head 

Ji Ho: "You know what, you're adorable when you don't act the usual princess you are & your short hair suits you the most. We have the same class right? Don't be late" then Ji Ho walked away and left Su Min, when she heard Ji Ho said that to her, the irritation that she felt from Ji Ho's reaction suddenly went away and replaces with a smile. 

When Soo Jung was about to go inside of the school, she saw Jae Hyun from the third floor and he seems rather sad and gazing upon the window. Soo Jung remembered what Ji Ho said to her, then suddenly she has this kind of urge to see him. Soo Jung started walking as she goes inside of the school then started running. Soo Jung was running and catching her breathe. When she was about to go in the third floor, Soo Jung took a deep breathe and saw Jae Hyun with his team mates and some of their girl classmates. Soo Jung was walking closely and Jae Hyun saw her.

Jae Hyun: "Soo Jung..." The usual face that Soo Jung has been replace in to worry. Jae Hyun's team mates were looking at her as well as the girls. 

Soo Jung: "Can I talk to you...?" 

Jae Hyun's team mates and their girl classmates were surprised that they knew each other. Then suddenly Soo Jung grab Jae Hyun's arm like she is pulling his uniform while she looks at the ground and feel shy. Jae Hyun smiled and grabs her hand and said to his team mates.

Jae Hyun: "Sorry, I have to go now." Soo Jung looked at Jae Hyun and her worriness gone while Jae Hyun hold her hand. Soo Jung and Jae Hyun walked away from them while they hold each others hand. 

When they find a place to talk, Soo Jung sat in a bench while Jae Hyun stood up. Soo Jung started the conversation.

Soo Jung: "I'm sorry...that I make you worry because of my actions. I never want you to feel worry. I think only of what other people will say about our relationship because you're popular and I'm just a girl who transferred"

Jae Hyun looked at Soo Jung and kneel down in front of her. Jae Hyun caress her hair and said

Jae Hyun: "I got worried but I' am relieved that you tell me what you feel. I won't do things you don't like."

Jae Hyun flash a bright smile to Soo Jung and Soo Jung appreciate what Jae Hyun said to her. When they are about to go to their class. Jae Hyun was walking in line with Soo Jung. Soo Jung felt hesitated but she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter