Chapter 22: More brighter days

The Closer I Get
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's Saturday and Soo Jung woke up early to prepare. Soo Jung's mother asked her why she's in a bright mood today and Soo Jung said that she will meet Jae Hyun and ask if it's okay if she might go home a bit late. Soo Jung went to her bedroom, and she's been mixing her outfit and thinking what she will wear. She decided to wear a pastel blue dress. Soo Jung took the bracelet that she bought for her and for Jae Hyun. 

While at the Ahn resident, Jae Hyun already prepared himself and he sat next to his mother. 

Jae Hyun: "Today...I'm going to end it mom..." Jae Hyun's mother looks at him and said

Mrs. Ahn: "You know that I want the best for you, my son...you know that I won't stop you...if you really like the girl then I'm happy"

Jae Hyun's voice turn in to a sad tone and said

Jae Hyun: "Thank you mom...I know that, it's just that...I have to sacrifice things and I guess I would sacrifice this too."

Mrs. Ahn looked at her son and she knows in his eyes that Jae Hyun really likes Soo Jung and much more of like, maybe love.

Jae Hyun can't hide his tears and he cried, he never cried for someone before, he never been confused and he felt embarassed in front of his mom for crying like a kid but Mrs. Ahn understands her son. Mrs. Ahn embraced Jae Hyun and said

Mrs. Ahn: "It's going to be fine..."

Jae Hyun just had his first love and he's been happy about spending his time with Soo Jung but at the same time thinking of having his first heartbreak to his first love, kind of breaks his heart. He never felt something like that, he felt sparks and wonder when he's with Soo Jung. He had encountered feelings he thought he could never have but being with Soo Jung, he felt those kind of feelings. Mrs. Ahn embraced tightly her son and kept tapping his back. Jae Hyun wiped his tears and said

Jae Hyun: "I look like a fool mom..." and he smiled a bit 

Mrs. Ahn shakes her head and said

Mrs. Ahn: "No son, you're not a fool... you're just a boy who encounter his first love and I know that feeling too. They said boys don't cry but crying is a sign that you have greater feelings, you know how to appreciate and treasure a person."

Jae Hyun embraced his mom and said

Jae Hyun: "Thank you mom, I really appreciate you understand me...but I must do it for the best, for her not to suffer in the future."

Soo Jung is already taking the bus, and she's been anxious about this day. She's nervous at the same time feel delightful as she will able to see Jae Hyun again. She kept the bracelet that she will give to Jae Hyun in to her bag. She decided to give it after their date. Regarding to the place that they will have their date. Soo Jung has been thinking where will they spend their day. She's been considering amusement park or another art gallery again but she decided to go along with the day wherever the day will take them. Soo Jung look at the sky and hoping that this day will be brighter for them. 

Soo Jung received a message from Jae Hyun and he says:

"I'm already at the meeting place, I'm wearing a dark blue plaid with a black leather jacket on. Don't worry, I'm not going to sit until you're here so that you can easily see me :)" 

Soo Jung replied with a message to Jae Hyun and says:

"I'm on my way now, I'm surprised you're early...hey, I don't actually stop you from sitting in a bench there okay? just sit there for a while and wait for me because I'm coming and trust me I can easily find you. I'm looking forward to see you :)"

Then a few minutes later Jae Hyun replied

"Okay, I will sit for a while and wait for you. See you!"

Soo Jung felt excitement as Jae Hyun is already at the meeting place. She don't want to expect that the day will bring them but she's hoping for the best, 

While Jae Hyun sat in a bench and waiting for Soo Jung, a group of girls approached him dressed in an angel costume and they were holding a basket of roses.

Girl#1: "Good morning! Uhmm.. we're just wondering if you're here to see someone?"

Jae Hyun caught thinking why these girls are asking him all of a sudden

Jae Hyun: "Yes, I do...I'm waiting for my girlfriend here."

The four girls smiled happily when Jae Hyun said he is waiting for Soo Jung,

Girl#2: "Sorry, if we asked you all of a sudden but we have this evemt from our club and we're giving away roses to people who has a lover."

Jae Hyun: "Wow, that's nice"

Girl#3: "But before we give you a rose for your girlfriend. Can you please answer the given questions for you. It's our basis for our own research in our club."

Jae Hyun: "Yeah, sure...why not" 

Jae Hyun smiled at them as he took the pen and the question from the girls. While Jae Hyun is answering the questions, the girls can't hide their feels and they are giggling as they are caught by Jae Hyun's charm. While Jae Hyun is answering the questionnaire. He has been caught by this particular question.

What are the reasons why you this person?

Jae Hyun thought at first of what qualities Soo Jung has and while he's reminscing, the moment they first met and the moment they shared kept appearing on his mind but at the same time it made him sad because he knows this day might probably their last date, so Jae Hyun wrote his answer as:

"There are many reasons why I like this person, her personality, her talent, because she's beautiful inside and out but as I spend my time with her, sometimes I'm fascinated how I knew her silence, the way we converse in to simple things made my heart skip a beat. Getting to know her are the best days. She made my days brighter and she's my star of my night sky."

As Jae Hyun finishes his questionnaire, he's wondering if he can say that to Soo Jung personally but the thought of it made his heart broken. 

The group of girls gave the rose to jae Hyun and they said their gratitude. After the girls left, Jae Hyun's phone rings and it's Soo Jung.

Jae Hyun: "Hi! Where are you now?"

Soo Jung: "I just left you there and you got mob by girls."

Jae Hyun looked around to his surrounding, looking for Soo Jung. When he looked at the right path of the park. Soo Jung is in her pastel blue dress. While Soo Jung is getting closer to Jae Hyun. 

Jae Hyun was stunned how pretty Soo Jung is in her pastel blue dress. While Soo Jung is getting closer to Jae Hyun. Jae Hyun stood up from his seat and been looking to Soo Jung the whole time she is walking to him.

Jae Hyun: "Sorry...those girls are students, conducting a research but the token is..."

Jae Hyun showed the rose to Soo Jung and Jae Hyun smiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter