Chapter 01 : Another Day

The Closer I Get
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inside of a car owned by Mr. Jung driving all the way heading to their new place as they call it home. Mrs. Jung who sat next to his husband, has been busy reading the map. Soo Jung who has been gazing in the window while listening to her music player. Mrs. Jung asked her daughter "Are you okay?" Soo Jung looked at her mom and smiled "Yes, I'm fine" even though those words have been commonly used by everyone who actually felt they are not okay. Mr. Jung said "We're already near to our new place." 

Soo Jung and her parents moved to a new place because her dad has been promoted and they decided to move in to a new place where her dad's office is just near to it. Soo Jung have a lot of thoughts about moving in to a new place. It means also that she will be move to a new school and meeting new people which is very hard for her because she's never been the first person to start a conversation and it's awkward for her too.

Soo Jung fall asleep when they already arrived to their new home. Mr. Jung carrying their materials inside the house, and Mrs. Jung having a conversation to their new neighbor. When Soo Jung came out from the car, Mrs. Jung called her "Hey, Jung come here" Soo Jung came to her mother and introduced her to their new neighbor. Mrs. Jung said to their new neighbor. "This is my daughter, her name is Soo Jung and she's in her senior year" Soo Jung smiled and greeted the woman, their neighbor replied with a smile and said "I also have a son who is also in senior, maybe chances are they'll be in the same school?" Soo Jung decided to left her mother while having a conversation to their new neighbor. She went inside of their new home, and she's been feeling different, the house has a lot of space compared to their old home, and also have a backyard. Soo Jung went to her room while bringing her things. Soo Jung quite felt she likes the room because it has a balcony but she can see the house of their neighbor who also has the same structure as their new home. 

After fixing and cleaning up things. Mr. and Mrs. Jung decided to finish it all tomorrow since it's already dinner time. While they are having their meal. Mr. Jung talked about his promotion and his new working place, Soo Jung was happy for his father even though it's been tough for her to moved. Mrs. Jung said "Soo Jung you'll be starting your first day of senior year on Monday, hopefully you'll adjust to the new surrounding."Soo Jung replied "I will try..."

The next day, Soo Jung help her parents to move in their things as well as decorating stuff inside their house. After helping out her parents, she clean things inside her new room. When she's thinking about tomorrow is the first day of her class in a new school, she felt nervous because she will meet new people and differenr environment that she isn't use to and to adjust with. When humid days, she misses her best friend back in her hometown so she decided to give a call to her. 


Soo Jung: "Hello....Jin Ri?" Jin Ri is her best friend since her first year of high school, they've been together always and do things together. That's why Soo Jung felt sad when she needs to tell to Jin Ri that she will move in to a new place.
Jin Ri: "Soo Jung! How are you?"
Soo Jung: "I'm fine...but a little bit different in this new home"
Jin Ri: "Don't worry Soo Jung, you'll adjust eventually. So you're going to class tomorrow too?"
Soo Jung: "Yes...and I'm actually nervous and at the same time scared because it will be a new surrounding to adapt with."
Jin Ri: "I know it's easy to say that it will be okay but it will...I know it will. We are here if you need us, if you have a bad day, you can call or send me a message anytime."
Soo Jung smiled and replied "Thanks...I will"
 

It's Monday, and first day of class in a new school for Soo Jung, even though she had history of transferring schools back in her elementary years, Soo Jung felt a different feeling since she's already in high school and also graduating. Sometimes she asked herself why they have need to move when she's already in her senior year. Soo Jung looked at the mirror and took a deep breathe and said to herself "You can do this, Soo Jung, let the day passes and it will be okay." then she took her backpack. Mr. Jung decided to take Soo Jung in her first day of school. While inside the car, Mr. Jung said to Soo Jung "I'm sorry that we have to move in suddenly, I know you miss your friends back home and you get used already to it, I want to say sorry if ever I let you down" Soo Jung didn't expect her dad will apologize to her and she thinks that her dad doesn't have any reason to say sorry for her because it's never been his dad's fault. Soo Jung said "You don't have to say sorry dad, it wasn't your fault, it's about your work and if there's something to blame to maybe your boss?" then they both laughed which his dad agreed.

Finally they arrived to her new school, Nam High School. Before going to her new school, Soo Jung researched about it and she had knew that Nam High School have been a home of different successful singers and actors/actress in the country because they offered high quality of education specifically in arts and music. Soo Jung went out of the car and said to her dad "Thanks dad, I'll see you at home." Mr. Jung smiled to her and said "Good luck with your first day" 

As Soo Jung was walking in to the grounds of her new school. She felt intimidated around the students she bump in. Group of girls wearing high brands, group of rich boys in their cars, she felt that everyone is in the same radar except to her.

It's already 7:26am before her first class starts, she wasn't familiar with rooms so she was struggling to get in her class. Soo Jung was troubled and didn't know to do, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter