Chapter 25 : The truth

The Closer I Get
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soo Jung is in her part time job at a bread shop. It's 3:30pm in a rainy Saturday, she's been thankful that she get to work on weekends since she have classes everyday but on fridays she needs to work until midnight.

Ji Ho and Su Min visits her when they have free time, for today Su Min visited Soo Jung.

Su Min: "Hi! You need help?"

Soo Jung: "No, thank you, I'm fine"

Soo Jung noticed Ji Ho didn't come along with Su Min.

Soo Jung: "Where is Ji Ho?"

Su Min: "Ji Ho? He's with his band. They have their last gig after graduation and he invited us to attend."

Soo Jung: "Sure...but I thought you're going to your university after graduation?"

Su Min: "Hhmmm...I have decided to take another 5 days off before I go and you know what it is"

Soo Jung somehow clueless to what Su Min is referring to what she might probably know.

Soo Jung: "I hope I know what it is..."

Su Min took a deep breathe and she became red as she looked at Soo Jung.

Su Min: "Ji Ho, we're currently dating now and he's my boyfriend."

Soo Jung got surprised to the news and she feels glad for both of them.

Soo Jung knows that she felt something sparks between Su Min and Ji Ho

Soo Jung: "Do he treat you nicely? Just tell me if he hurts you okay?"

Su Min smiled as she found Soo Jung encouragement cute and she said

Su Min: "You know what, I never thought we will have this kind of conversation and I would have never thought we will end up being friends despite the messy things we went through...I'm actually glad that I got to know you and we became friends eventually...I'm sorry for the things that I have done to you before...thinking about it somehow made me regret we fought because of a guy...I'm glad we're friends Soo Jung."

Soo Jung: "Me too...I'm glad you considered me as your friend becaus I'm glad you became my friend too"

After the weekend conversation between Soo Jung and Su Min. Soo Jung finally finished off her duty. As Soo Jung is preparing, her phone vibrates in her bag. Soo Jung took it and it's Kang Jeon.

The incident that happened to the library made Soo Jung felt embarrassed and she ends up torturing herself because Kang Jeon bought the book for her since she can't tear the page where Jae Hyun wrote the words that made her cried in a place full of books which is also the second time around. Even though the book content isn't relevant to her because it's a geographical book with tons of different maps of the cities and a few pages of photos.

Soo Jung answered her phone and said

Soo Jung: "Hi!"

Kang Jeon: "Hi! I just want to know how are you doing..."

Soo Jung: "I just finished my shift for today and overall, I'm fine..."

Kang Jeon: "Have you already talk to him?"

Soo Jung: "Not yet, I haven't seen him and he seems not in school too."

Kang Jeon: "Do you need help?"

Soo Jung: "Thanks...but I guess I should be the one working with this matter...but I do appreciate your offer of help."

Kang Jeon: "Okay then, I just hope the best for you, I don't want you to experience the things that I regret before..."

Then Kang Jeon stop as he chuckled and said

Kang Jeon: "Not that I am too old or too experience but there are things in life that are worth fighting, some says young people who are in love are not pleasantly accepted but it's not them who will judge, they are an obstacle whether you will try to defy or not...and I hope you do defy that."

Soo Jung appreciated what Kang Jeon said to her as if she has a big brother guiding her 

Soo Jung: "Thanks, I wish all the best for you too."

Soo Jung went home and see her parents having a meeting in the living room. Mr.s Jung somehow that Mr. Jung just got in tears of happiness.

Soo Jung: "So what happened?"

Mrs. Jung gesture that she sits first and asked how is Soo Jung's day, When Soo Jung finally sat down, she looked  again her mom and dad.

Soo Jung: "Mom...Dad..., is there something I need to worry about?"

Mrs. Jung shook her head and said

Mrs. Jung: "You're dad received a letter and it says he got hired for a permanent job."

Soo Jung felt at ease and has this momentum of smile and happiness for her dad.

Soo Jung: "That's good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter