Chapter 27 : The Closer I Get-End

The Closer I Get
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you...I could walk through my garden forever."  - Alfred Tennyson

 

The next morning, Jae Hyun woke up from the sound of his phone. The last time he knew is that he carried Soo Jung in to her room and did a good night kiss to her. Jae Hyun stood up from his bed and he seems in a happy mood. He decided to look at Soo Jung if ever she already woke up. When Jae Hyun is approaching in Soo Jung's room, he feels a sudden nervousness and excitement to see her. When Jae Hyun knocks the door, he is calling Soo Jung's name but there's no response then he tried to knock again, a few minutes later Jae Hyun noticed that Soo Jung isn't responding to him so he got worried. Jae Hyun suddenly open the door knob and he is surprise that it wasn't lock. As he open the door, the room is empty and the clothes that Soo Jung wore last night was already there on the bed and has been compiled neatly. Jae Hyun asked the maids if they saw Soo Jung but they said that they haven't seen her. Jae Hyun went inside of his room again to get his phone and call Soo Jung. Jae Hyun must felt that yesterday is just like a dream, but that dream is too good enough that he doesn't want it to be a dream but more of a reality. Jae Hyun looked at his phone and he received a message from Soo Jung. 

'Good morning! Sorry, if I don't give a notice that I will go home now or knock on your door, I have to go to school, we still have classes remember? I hope you go to school today because we only have a few days left. Thank you for yesterday too and see you later!'

Jae Hyun smiled to Soo Jung's message and he felt glad that yesterday isn't just a dream and it really happened. And the fact that they spent the night together just talking and knowing each other's presence is there. Jae Hyun decided to attend school and might probably attend classes too, give notices to the teachers, his team and his coach. 

Soo Jung went to their home first and she sneaked in, and surprises her mom and dad that she's already there and ready to go to school. Soo Jung's parents didn't scold her for not being home yesterday instead they just had a conversation about the upcoming graduation. Soo Jung tried to get to class on time but as she came to school, she's already late. Ji Ho and Su Min noticed that she's late so after their class, they went to her and asked why she was late.

Ji Ho: "What happened?"

Su Min: "You're hair is messy too"

Soo Jung fix her hair by sliding her hand in to her head and make it like as a comb.

Soo Jung: "Uhmm...I just went late out of the house..." 

Then suddenly a familiar face is recognized by Ji Ho, and his face change in furious. Ji Ho left the two girls and went straight to Jae Hyun, ready to take his collar. Soo Jung stop Ji Ho and said

Soo Jung: "Stop!" 

Ji Ho didn't looked at Soo Jung but his aiming to Jae Hyun. Ji Ho still haven't forgive Jae Hyun to what he did to Soo Jung. 

Ji Ho: "So we finally see you today, bastard prince" 

Jae Hyun has a serious expression and just looked at Ji Ho. Then he said

Jae Hyun: "I'm sorry..."

Ji Ho: "For what?! When you already done the damage"

Jae Hyun: "I'm sorry that I lied, that I hide the truth from you guys"

Su Min: "What truth?!"

Soo Jung went to Jae Hyun's side and hold Jae Hyun's hand,

Soo Jung: "Ji Ho...Su Min...the truth is, I haven't tell you that Jae Hyun faked the whole thing, he did that because he thought that is the best for me..."

Ji Ho: "I don't understand..."

Jae Hyun: "I'm so sorry Ji Ho and Su Min, I'm sorry that I hurt you and Soo Jung. I thought the way things I did is the best for all but I didn't know it isn't the best option...I said I want to break up with Soo Jung because my dad already knew that we are together and...he fired Soo Jung's dad and the reason why they are suffering is because of my dad and I thought when I will break up with her, he will stop bothering them...but the truth is...I never wanted to break up with her...I eventually got hurt and I hurt Soo Jung...I'm so sorry..."

Su Min seems surprised to what Jae Hyun said then suddenly Ji Ho punched Jae Hyun. Everyone got surprised then Ji Ho went away from them. Su Min followed Ji Ho and Soo Jung with Jae Hyun left as Soo Jung is helping Jae Hyun to stand up.

Soo Jung: "Are you okay?"

Jae Hyun: "Yes...I'm fine...I guess they won't still forgive me...and I understand that"

Soo Jung: "Don't say that...I'm sure..they will forgive you...because if I can then sure they will..." 

Jae Hyun looked at Soo Jung and he said "Thank you..."

Soo Jung and Jae Hyun have decided to go with Jae Hyun's plan on going to send his remarks. Jae Hyun went to his teachers and said his thankful remarks as well as his varsity team and his coach. Then the team captain talked to Jae Hyun. 

TC#1: "Hey! good luck man, we still see each other anyway"

Jae Hyun: "Yes, same to you"

TC#1: "So..uh...is she the one?"

Jae Hyun's team captain is referring Soo Jung who is waiting for Jae Hyun who sat in a bench outside the auditorium.

Jae Hyun smiled as he looked at Soo Jung and said

Jae Hyun: "Yes, she is"

The team captain smiled widely to Jae Hyun and ruffled his hair

TC#1: "I can't deny but she is a beauty"

Jae Hyun: "Hey! hey! what did you just said?"

TC#1: "I'm just saying what is obvious, but don't worry, I won't snatch your girl, I won't stoop low"

Jae Hyun chuckles and said 

Jae Hyun: "Yes, I know that."

Jae Hyun and his team captain shake their hand as a sign of see you soon and good luck. 

When Soo Jung and Jae Hyun are alone and sat in a bench, Soo Jung asked Jae Hyun

Soo Jung: "Have you said all you want to say to them?" 

Jae Hyun: "Yeah...but I know I will see those guys again."

Soo Jung: "You all look like brothers than just a team" 

Jae Hyun: "Yes...we are...when I first joined the team, I thought I'm just playing because I like the sports and I never want to get involve with anyone but our coach and our team captain told me that sports isn't about who is good and great at but it's about how you carry a team and how you can work with each of them. After they said that to me, I realized that they are right, people might say I'm good but I'm not never good at team, since then I considered them as brothers."

Soo Jung smiled at Jae Hyun and she thought how Jae Hyun changed his perspective of his playing and the way he considers others.

While Soo Jung and Jae Hyun sat in a bench, they saw Su Min with Ji Ho approaching to them.

Ji Ho: "Hey!"

Ji Ho greeted Soo Jung and Jae Hyun as he looked on the ground. 

Jae Hyun: "Hey..."

Ji Ho: "About punching you...yeah..I'm sorry.."

Jae Hyun: "That's fine, I guess I did deserved it"

Jae Hyun looked at both Su Min and Ji Ho and said

Jae Hyun: "I'm sorry guys...if you also got upset with me for making Soo Jung sad...I thought I was helping her but I guess I'm not really helping...When I said I love Soo Jung, I really mean it...I never meant to hurt her but eventually I did...and I want to make up with that."

Su Min: "I'm sorry too that I just talked bad at you before on the phone, it's just that I feel irritated with you at that time because I have thought that the boy that I knew has this hidden personality and the fact that he's hurting a friend of mine is a big no for me..."

Jae Hyun looked at them intently and said

Jae Hyun: "I'm so sorry..." 

Ji Ho clears his throat and said

Ji Ho: "Enough with the sorry's and such..." Ji Ho put around his arms to Jae Hyun and said

Ji Ho: "You better make up the time you just miss with Soo Jung okay? "

Jae Hyun: "Yeah..I know that...thanks for understanding me..."

Ji Ho smiled at them as he took Su Min's hand closer to him and Jae Hyun noticed them and said

Jae Hyun: "YOU ARE TOGETHER?!"

Su Min nods her head with a smile and Ji Ho replied with an ecstatic voice

Ji Ho: "YES! WE ARE!"

Jae Hyun can't stop smiling at the fact that they are both together because he doesn't seem to imagine it but he's happy for both of them.

Ji Ho: "I guess we can have a double date?"

Jae Hyun: "Yeah, sure why not?" Jae Hyun looked at Soo Jung and she smiled at him. 

After the day ends, Jae Hyun stayed at the mansion and he had a phone call with his mother. Mrs. Ahn already left the country as Jae Hyun is deciding if he will go or not. As he talk with his mother, Jae hyun realized that he need to face his father, he need to tell the truth and what he wants to do. His father might not agree with his decision but he will try to face him personally. 

The next day, all students went to school early and had an event for all graduating students. That day also have their class picture. Soo Jung, Jae Hyun, Ji Ho and Su Min are together and they seem happy talking with each other. Some students saw them as an ideal group to be friend with and some students admired them that despite their status, they are friends, they connected in a way they both understand each other as friends. Soo Jung never have this kind of friendship when she's back at her home town. She only have Jin Ri, her bestfriend that always help her and encourage her to do new things that will open new opportunities to her. The class adviser called all the seniors and each section will have their class picture. Everyone prepared themselves for their last day as a senior high school student, some students received special gifts, confessions, some already connected their bridge for forgiveness while others still haven't, others give their thankful remarks to their favorite teachers as well as to the people they admired.

While Soo Jung and Jae Hyun are walking together, to go to the place where their class picture will take place. Jae Hyun hold Soo Jung's hand as they are walking. Jae Hyun looked at Soo Jung and he smiled at her and said

Jae Hyun: "So this is our last day as high school student?"

Soo Jung nods her head, though she is happy that she will now have to graduate, she can't deny that she feels sad too. She thinks that it feels like short, because at the moment she feels connected with the people she like and the people she thought she could never talk to, all comes a sudden to conclusion which is graduating.

Soo Jung: "I guess I will miss waking up early every day and catching up to the bus so I won't be late. When I first came here to this town, I want to detach myself with the new people that I will possibly meet, I don't want to be attach with the things that will make me remember this town because all I know, I will only have a year to spend then graduate but..."

Soo Jung looked at Jae Hyun, the sun beams through his side and she continued

Soo Jung: "But despite my worries, I found new friends that encouraged me to be more confident and the opportunities that made me realized that I can do things possible if I can." 

Jae Hyun smiled at Soo Jung, and Jae Hyun felt that warmth from Soo Jung's hand and said

Jae Hyun: "I also have worries too...just like you but I never showed it because I want everyone think of me as a strong and reliable person but as I met you, it seems I found my true self...like I don't need to pretend anymore...and I did have weaknesses too"

Jae Hyun squeezed Soo Jung's hand and looked at her

Jae Hyun: "The closer I get to you, I see things differently in a positive way...I'm happy that I got to meet you that I get closer to you. I hope we can walk a longer together after high school..."

Soo Jung blushed to what Jae Hyun said to her, 

Soo Jung: "Okay, let's walk together as long as we can" 

Jae Hyun and Soo Jung walked hand in hand as they are approaching to a group of students preparing for their class picture. All students are happy as they are forming themselves for the class picture. Soo Jung, Jae Hyun, Ji Ho and Su Min are in the same row, when all the students already collected, the photographer is now cueing that he will now start taking photos. As all students looked at the camera, Soo Jung felt a sudden warmth on her hand and she looked at Jae Hyun which is holding her hand. When she looked at Jae Hyun, Jae Hyun smiled at her. Soo Jung felt safe on Jae Hyun's side and she thought that after their high school years, real life will begins and though problems may occur, she knows that there are answers too. When the photographer counted to 3, all the students beam their genuine smiles, as for Soo Jung and Jae Hyun smiled at the camera as both of their hands intertwined. That day ends in a beautiful and serene weather, all students feels like it isn't the end  thus they look forward on things that will come.

The day has come for all senior year students; parents and guardians are coming along to the auditorium. The weather is fine and no worries for a rainy day, as the program starts, each students are receiving their diplomas in front of the stage. When Soo Jung's name called, she has this nervous feeling in her heart but at the same time grateful. She walks with a smile on her face and she looked at her parents. Mrs. and Mr. Jung waved their hand at her. When Soo Jung got up on the stage, she received the diploma and took a picture with the founder of their school.  

After the program, Soo Jung welcomed by her parents and gave her a bouquet of flowers. 

Mrs. Jung: "Congratulations!"

Soo Jung: "Thank you mom"

Mr. Jung: "So let's go and celebrate shall we?"

Soo Jung smiled at her parents but then she remembered something

Soo Jung: "Uhmm...I will just talk with my friends, I'll see you at the car?"

Mrs. Jung: "Okay, we will wait for yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter