Chapter 16 : First

The Closer I Get
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's a rainy Saturday morning for Soo Jung, she woke up early with a smile since today Jae Hyun and her will have their very first date as a couple.  Since yesterday, Soo Jung was busy choosing what to wear but since it's raining, it seems her plans got ruined.

Jae Hyun asked her yesterday if she can go out with him and have their very first date, Soo Jung was shy about it too but she's glad that Jae Hyun asked him out. She never have a real date before because usually she only goes out with her best friend Jin Ri. But she remembered back when she was in her freshman year, someone did asked her out but she rather wants to forget it. 

Preparing clothes to wear seems troubled Soo Jung. She wants to attire a dress but since it's raining, she goes with black skinny jeans. While combing hair, Soo Jung phone buzzed and it's a message from Jae Hyun.

Jae Hyun: "Good morning! It's a rainy day but I do hope we get to see the sun so that we can able to walk freely. I will see you later ♥"

Soo Jung smiled and find it cute that Jae Hyun put a heart in his message. 

At Jae Hyun's bed room, he just sent his message to Soo Jung and he felt kind of shy about it because it's his first time to do that. Jae Hyun considered to be one of the popular boys in their school and also featured in magazines because he's been scouted as a model too. Jae Hyun also thought where they will go or what will they do in their first date. The idea of having his first date made him delighted.

After Soo Jung prepared, she went of their house feeling cold as the rain still pouring. Soo Jung took a deep breathe and she was expecting it would be cloudy and she can't even wear a dress so she decided to wear something she usual wears. Soo Jung's phone was ringing and it's Jae Hyun.

Soo Jung: "Hi!"

Jae Hyun: "Look at the right side" Soo Jung looked at where Jae Hyun told her and she saw Jae Hyun waving from a far. 

Soo Jung: "Uhm...is it okay for you to go out even though it's raining?"

Jae Hyun: "Yeah...I'm okay with that...since I'm with you...even if it rains or not, I'll go"

Soo Jung smirked and said "You're being cheesy...but okay let's go"

Jae Hyun: "Wait! Wait! let met go there instead" 

Jae Hyun took out his umbrella, and went to Soo Jung. When Jae Hyun was already there, Soo Jung smiled at him and ruffled his hair. 

Jae Hyun: "Hey, you're messing my hair"

Soo Jung just smiled and she finds it cute when Jae Hyun reacts like that. 

Soo Jung: "Where are we going then?" 

Jae Hyun: "To be honest, I want to ask you where do you want to go..." 

Soo Jung: "Uhmm...I really don't have a specific place that I want to go but...since it's raining, we should go indoors?"

Jae Hyun: "Indoors...."

Jae Hyun decided that they go to an oceanarium, since it's raining they can't fully enjoy outside. Jae Hyun felt that some of his plans for their date are somewhat ruin because of the bad weather. When he looked at Soo Jung, she smiled brightly like a kid and Jae Hyun felt glad about it that Soo Jung seems enjoying it.

At the oceanarium, Jae Hyun and Soo Jung were walking together and having conversation. They laughed together and appreciate the different kinds of aquatic animals. While they were walking, they have noticed a crying little boy and he seems lost. Jae Hyun hurriedly went to him and asked the boy

Jae Hyun: "Why are you crying?" 

B#1: "I...lost my teacher...."

Jae Hyun: "May I know what's your name and if you can remember your teacher's name?"

The little boy told his name to Jae Hyun and also the name of his teacher. 

Jae Hyun: "We will look for them okay? Don't cry" 

The little boy wipes his tears and Jae Hyun with Soo Jung decided to help the lost boy and return him. While they were walking, the little boy hold Soo Jung's hand, she was startled but as she looked at the little boy, she smiled. Jae Hyun noticed that they were walking hand by hand while the little boy is in the middle.

Jae Hyun: "Hey...Soo Jung, we look like a happy family here." Soo Jung blushed and said

Soo Jung: "What are you saying?! Let's just find his teacher." 

Since there's a lot of people, Soo Jung and Jae Hyun decided to go to the officials of the oceanarium. Soo Jung and Jae Hyun let the little boy calm by giving him an orange drink and pats his head. Jae Hyun sat next to Soo Jung as they were both waiting for the boy's guardian. Jae Hyun looked at Soo Jung and asked her

Jae Hyun: "Do you want to eat lunch after this"

Soo Jung: "Yes...I felt kind of hungry..."

Jae Hyun: "Okay...we'll just wait for his guardian, hopefully they can find his teacher already." 

After a few minutes, the head security of the oceanarium told Soo Jung and Jae Hyun that they already found the little boy's guardian. The teacher went to the little boy and hug him. Jae Hyun and Soo Jung stood up from their seat and the teacher thanked them for taking care for the little boy.

When Soo Jung and Jae Hyun walked out of the oceanarium, it's still raining but it wasn't as heavy in the morning. They went to a near restaurant and Jae Hyun let Soo Jung order what she wants and ate lunch together. It's a type of an expensive restaurant which Soo Jung isn't comfortable about. Jae Hyun noticed Soo Jung.

Jae Hyun: "Are you okay?"

Soo Jung: "Yeah...I'm...this is my first time to eat in such a place"

Jae Hyun smiled and said "Let's just enjoy the food"

Like what Jae Hyun said Soo Jung did enjoy the food, while they were eating they also talked about the things that caught their attention at the oceanarium. After they ate lunch, Soo Jung looked at the window while she waits to Jae Hyun. She thought it's a pity that they can't walk freely outside because it's raining then she saw an old couple sharing the same umbrella and even though it's raining, they kept a smile in their face and that made Soo Jung appreciate the moment and she smiles. While Soo Jung was gazing upon the window, Jae Hyun just finished paying and he noticed her. He also looked at what Soo Jung was smiling about but then suddenly her smile fades away. Jae Hyun felt that he didn't get a chance to show to Soo Jung what kind of date he prepared for them two. 

When they finally out of the restaurant, Jae Hyun felt gloomy as they were walking with their own umbrellas and they were both quiet. Jae Hyun stop from walking that left Soo Jung walks ahead. Soo Jung noticed Jae Hyun wasn't in line with her and she looked back at him.

Soo Jung: "Jae Hyun...why did you stop walking?"

Jae Hyun: "Sorry Soo Jung..."

Soo Jung: "What are you apologizing about?"

Jae Hyun: "Because of the bad weather...I didn't show the best date for you..."

Soo Jung have thought that Jae Hyun might be mistaken her respond. She walked towards to him and said

Soo Jung: "Hey...I didn't say I don't like it..." Jae Hyun looked at Soo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter