Chapter 14 : Reconcile

The Closer I Get
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already the seniors last day of their outdoor trip, everyone decided to have a small party at the lounge but Soo Jung decided to stay to her room as the night passes by. Soo Jung buried her face in to the pillow and she took a deep breathe. She thought that this trip will change something for her but I guess there wasn't. 

Soo Jung phone was ringing, and she looked who it is, and it's Jae Hyun calling her. She didn't answer the call but instead she turn it off and put her phone inside her bag. 

While Jae Hyun was at the corridor trying to connect with Soo Jung by calling but then Soo Jung suddenly turned off her phone. 

Jae Hyun: "Why is she doing this?!" 

Jae Hyun decided to run and didn't take the elevator. He just wants to talk to her, he wants to change her mind. At Soo Jung's room, she stood up and took an orange juice to drink when suddenly someone knocked on her room's door. She went closer to the door and holds the door knob as she thought it might be Soo Hyun then she asked

Soo Jung: "Who it is?"

Jae Hyun: "It's me! Jae Hyun!"

Soo Jung felt taken a back, she decided not to respond to him then Jae Hyun asked again

Jae Hyun: "Soo Jung! Can you please talk to me personally....please get out of your room...I want to talk to you..." 

Soo Jung can heard Jae Hyun's catching his breathe but she decided to say

Soo Jung: "I don't want to talk...you're just wasting your time...."

Jae Hyun: "Why are you not picking up my call and didn't reply to my messages?Are you avoiding me?"

Soo Jung didn't respond and she can't answer him if he hates him or what but Jae Hyun continued

Jae Hyun: "Can you please to talk to me..." 

The border between them is the door but it didn't stop Jae Hyun to try to talk with her. 

Soo Jung: "I don't want to talk with you....not now or the next day or the next month or probably when we graduate...I don't want to see you!..."

When Jae Hyun heard it, he felt desolated but he continued to asked her

Jae Hyun: "Why you say all those things...? Do you know how I feel about it?! Can you properly reject me! Not this! Not this way!"

Soo Jung took a deep breathe and said "I...can't...face you...because if I do...it will be hard for me to catch up again..." Soo Jung can't say the word 'hate' to Jae Hyun because she knows to herself she still likes him, she still likes him very much and she felt hurt about it.

Jae Hyun put his hand to the door and asked "Do you really hate me this much?"

Soo Jung didin't respond to him and Jae Hyun continued

Jae Hyun: "I don't know what I did....I just really don't...at all. I've been thinking about is how will I connect with you, how will I start my day in a new way I didn't have before...because I know I have the reason to look forward to those dull days..."

Soo Jung's eyes became teary because she thought the same way too but she's confused, she just felt hurt...

Soo Jung: "Sorry...but can you please leave now...."

Jae Hyun: "Do you really hate me this much?...." Jae Hyun took a deep breathe and took off his hand from the door and said

Jae Hyun: "If that's what you want....then....I won't bother you anymore....if that makes you feel at peace....I will leave you alone....and I hope you become happy with him..."

Soo Jung heard Jae Hyun footsteps walking away from her side. Soo Jung have thought it's over now. She covered her face with her hand.

The night passes by and the next day came. Students woke up early even though they felt headache and worn out from their party last night. Soo Jung who already prepared her things was waiting for the teacher to let them line up. Soo Jung saw Ji Ho but she didn't greet him because she still mad about him from the last time he did. She's just confused. Soo Jung decided to sat at the couch and Soo Hyun noticed her.

Soo Hyun: "Good morning!"

Soo Jung just smiled at her but Soo Hyun recognized she wasn't in the mood. The teacher already calling out the students to line them up but Soo Jung was afraid that she might end up sitting beside Jae Hyun. She just said to him that she doesn't want to see him for now and it will be awkward for them if that happens. Soo Jung decided to talked to Soo Hyun.

Soo Jung: "Uhmm...Soo Hyun...I will ask you something..."

Soo Hyun: "What is it?"

Soo Jung: "Can we exchange our seat numbers?"

Soo Hyun: "What? But Why?!"

Soo Jung: "Please...? I will ask you only once for this and I won't do this anymore...."

After Soo Hyun have been decided, she agreed with her and they exchanged seat numbers. Students already came out of the building and they were coming inside of the bus.  Soo Jung will sit at the back of the bus where Soo Hyun was originally seated. When Soo Jung was looking for the bus, she saw Jae Hyun. Jae Hyun was wearing his varsity jacket and his bangs covered mostly his eyes that you can see how gloomy he was. Soo Jung came inside first because she will sit at the back of the bus while the students who seated at the front will be the last one to come inside.  Soo Jung's seatmate was a girl too and she asked how about Soo Hyun, Soo Jung explained that they exchanged their seat numbers for some reason which she didn't tell what it is. 

Jae Hyun already came inside of the bus and he noticed his seatmate was not Soo Jung. Soo Hyun greeted him, Jae Hyun sat next to her and didn't say a word. He didn't asked about why Soo Hyun was there nor Soo Jung. Jae Hyun have thought that Soo Jung really didn't want to see him. 

They have travel several of hours and sometime the bus stop to let students eat and use comfort rooms. When the students already came back from the bus. Soo Hyun decided to talk to Jae Hyun

Soo Hyun: "Hey...uhmm...I'm sorry...if you're expecting Soo Jung to be your seat mate."

Jae Hyun looked at her and said "No, it's fine...I'm not actually expecting anything..."

Soo Hyun: "I just thought...why she changed her seat with mine..."

Jae Hyun can already tell it's because of him then Soo Hyun continued

Soo Hyun: "Hey...I want to ask something from you..."

Jae Hyun: "What is it?"

Soo Hyun: "Is it true...you and Su Min?""

Jae Hyun: "What about me and Su Min?"

Soo Hyun: "You know it already...students talk about you two and we just noticed how close you are..."

Jae Hyun straightly looks at the front and said "No...I'm not his boyfriend...and she's not my girlfriend...I don't date someone who I treat as a sister."

Soo Hyun: "Ooooh..but...okay..I'll stop and by the way I'm sorry for asking too much"

Soo Jung was occupied by her music player ang gazing upon the window. She have thought that once she step out and come back again, everything will change, back to the way she used to, when she haven't met Jae Hyun.

After several hours of traveling back to their school, they finally set off. Personal maids and butlers been waiting for the students to arrive and come to get them home. Soo Jung finally set off her feet from the ground and she stretched her arms. She took a deep breathe and thought that this is it. She reminds herself she just need to get through everyday and graduate. 

Soo Jung finally came home. Mr. and Mrs. Jung welcome her with a warm embraced. They were asking about their daughter if she had fun camping out and Soo Jung said she had fun but she's tired already. Soo Jung went to her room and went to her bed. She was looking at the ceiling where she put the glow in the dark constellations on it. She's been thinking about whether how she will start again.

Days passes by so fast and it's been a week since the outing had happened. Even though Soo Jung and Jae Hyun were neighbors, she didn't notice Jae Hyun when Soo Jung goes out with her mother, they often see Ms. Im and Mrs. Jung asked about Jae Hyun was and according to Ms. Im, Jae Hyun didn't stayed at the house for almost 2 days and guessing he was busy from his practice. Soo Jung didn't want to tell that the reason why Jae Hyun is gloomy is because of her and their situation. Soo Jung still didn't see and talk with Jae Hyun or Ji Ho but she's spending her break time with Soo Hyun. She felt glad that she's been getting to know Soo Hyun and it's nice that she can talk with her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter