Chapter 13 : Word by Word

The Closer I Get
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a rainy afternoon, the last day of the senior's outing. At the cafeteria, Ji Ho was eating his breakfast alone while gazing upon the window. Jae Hyun came from the right side and noticed Ji Ho. Jae Hyun took a carton of milk and decided to go to Ji Ho's table.

Jae Hyun: "Good morning hyung"

Ji Ho looked at his back and he was delighted to see Jae Hyun

Ji Ho: "Hey! Good morning too" 

Jae Hyun sat at the opposite direction and he looked at the window.

Jae Hyun: "Too bad it's raining, we can't go outside"

Ji Ho: "Yeah...I was planning to go out too for a while but I think the weather says no" Ji Ho took a bite of his breakfast then Jae Hyun continued

Jae Hyun: "Do you want to hang out later? The teachers will allow us to stay up late since today is the last day."

Ji Ho: "Uhm....I still don't know...I will think about it later"

Jae Hyun: "Okay...So hyung...I want to ask something from you"

Ji Ho looked at Jae Hyun and asked "What is it?" 

Jae Hyun: "Do you like Soo Jung?" 

Ji Ho looked at Jae Hyun for a while and he replied while he was eating his breakfast

Jae Hyun: "Yes, I like her because she's my friend"

Jae Hyun looked at Ji Ho seriously and asked again : "Do you see her as a girl and like her more than a friend?"

Ji Ho stops picking up his food and looked at Jae Hyun and focus.

Ji Ho: "Yes, I do like her more than a friend"

Jae Hyun someohow wants to confirm Ji Ho's side since he already have this feeling that Ji Ho might probably like Soo Jung too. Then Jae Hyun offered his hand and said

Jae Hyun: "I already confessed to her and I'm offering my hand as a sign that I will respect Soo Jung's decision to whoever she choose."

Ji Ho stood up from his seat and Jae Hyun already accepted that Ji Ho will feel bitter towards it but suddenly he taps Jae Hyun's hand and as he walked he muttered a word and said

Ji Ho: "Yes, me too. Don't worry...I won't cheat to get her and I'm hoping you do too. But I hope you don't break her heart, we're actually the ones who will be broken or delighted after whoever she chooses, that's the only thing I want....and if you break that I will do something about it" While Ji Ho was walking away, Jae Hyun stood up and bowed. 

While Soo Jung was preparing her things someone suddenly knocked on her door's room. She asked who it is and Soo Hyun answered, her new found friend.

Soo Hyun: "Hi!" 

Soo Jung: "Oh..hi!"

Soo Hyun: "You're already preparing your things? Wow, you're too early"

Soo Jung: "Uhm...yes...I tend to forget things that's why it's better I pack my things early."

Soo Hyun: "You're planning to go later"

Soo Jung: "Where?"

Soo Hyun: "Haven't you heard, the teachers already lift up our curfew hours and per batch they'll be having this kind of seniors night. All of our sections are already in here that's why it's too noisy at the lounge"

Soo Jung remembered the night Jae Hyun confessed to her and she blushed about it. 

Soo Jung: "I don't know...you will go?"

Soo Hyun: "Yes...some of my clubmates are attending and it seems like a get together too which I can't miss and the reason why I came here is to invite you. I think your friend Ji Ho will have a music session at the lounge and teachers are excited about it while the varsity team will have it's own part too."

Soo Jung: "I still don't know...."

Soo Hyun: "You have to go.... plus I'm right here so don't worry."

Soo Jung smiled at her and said thanks.

At the lounge, Jae Hyun sat on the couch while waiting for Soo Jung to come out. He was pretending to use his phone so that he has an alibi when Soo Jung come and to cover that he's been waiting for her. 

At the left corner, a group of girls with Su Min were walking and Su Min noticed Jae Hyun was alone. Su Min decided to go near him.

Su Min taps Jae Hyun's back and Jae Hun has a bright smile as he thought it was Soo Jung.

Su Min: "Hi!"

Jae Hyun: "Oh...Su Min...."

Su Min sat next to him and asked Jae Hyun what he will do later. Jae Hyun answered that he will mostly hang out with his varsity teams but at the same time, he might go to sleep early.

Su Min: "So uhmmmm....would you mind help me with something?"

Jae Hyun: "What is it?"

Su Min: "I have to carry things from my room and it's a lot. And I've been thinking to ask others but they declined me so I decided to ask you."

While Jae Hyun and Su Min were talking to each other with such close space. Soo Jung with Soo Hyun went out and saw them together. Soo Hyun was kind of surprised that they were together and the closeness between them.

Soo Hyun: "Oh my...public display of affection. Did they already confirm their relationship?"

Soo Jung was confused and have remembered the night Jae Hyun confessed to her. Soo Jung was speechless and didn't know what to say.

When Soo Jung and Soo Hyun still on  their place and looking at them. Jae Hyun and Su Min stood up from their seats and they've been having happy conversations as they stood up. Su Min even wrapped around her arms to Jae Hyun and this makes Soo Jung felt something.

Soo Hyun: "Let's go, food is waiting for us." 

Soo Jung: "Uh..I...forgot something. You should go on first but if you're hungry already, don't wait for me. I'll see you later okay?"

Soo Hyun: "Okay...I will see you soon" 

Soo Jung have decided to follow Jae Hyun and Su Min while she was hiding from them at the back. Soo Jung thought it was silly but at the same time, she wants to confirm her suspiciousness.

Jae Hyun and Su Min, went outside of the building because Su Min's room is in the other building. Soo Jung felt that the situation was a bit hard but she still keeps on going.

When they already arrived at the place. Jae Hyun and Su Min took the elevator. When it finally closed, Soo Jung knows the floor number. It was 5th floor and Soo Jung took the stairs. She decided to speed up & catch up with them. She's already gasping but she has been decided to go along. When Soo Jung finally reaches the floor. She decided to hide and wait for Jae Hyun and Su Min.

Soo Jung was hiding at a big vase at the right side as she can see the elevator from a far. When the elevator finally

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter