Chapter 26 : By my side

The Closer I Get
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold" -Zelda Fitzgerald

 

Nam Arts High School only have a few days left before their graduation occurs. Teachers and students are busy with preparing and some classes needs to finish their topics before the semester ends and some already left the premises. 

Soo Jung with Ji Ho and Su Min are having their break in the school field. They are laughing and talking about the things that made their high school memorable. Soo Jung decided not to tell Ji Ho and Su Min about Jae Hyun's reasons because she wants to fix the problem with her self. Because when the time she will tell to them about it, Ji Ho and Su Min won't hesitate but help Soo Jung. 

Soo Jung haven't seen Jae Hyun, she thought that he might not attend the graduation and for the few days that left. Soo Jung decided to visit their home if she happen not to see Jae Hyun in school. While 3 of them are talking, Ji Ho asked Soo Jung 

Ji Ho: "Hey! after graduation, there will be a farewell party, you might want to come, you can invite anyone"

Soo Jung: "Okay, I will try."

Su Min: "Ji Ho have some good news too"

Soo Jung: "What is it?"

Ji Ho put out a card and it's a name of a music company.

Ji Ho: "I got scouted!"

Soo Jung is happy for Ji Ho and she said

Soo Jung: "Good for you!"

Su Min: "He actually don't want to tell it at first because he said he wants it as a surprise but I end up discovering it from his bag, how clumsy"

Ji Ho: "I want to surprise you all and I'm planning to tell it after graduation but I guess this girl spoiled it" Ji Ho put her hand to Su Min's head and he ruffled her hair.

Su Min: "Hey! ugh!" then Ji Ho said

Ji Ho: "Sorry! you're just too cute when you're mad"

Su Min: "Huh? sometimes the way you see cute and pretty is just different"

Ji Ho suddenly kiss Su Min's cheeks and Su Min stop from talking, Soo Jung felt happy for them that they can be together like that. She actually misses that kind of moments when Jae Hyun and her still seeing each other. 

After the class ends, Soo Jung went to her locker and she was surprised that she got a mysterious letter. She scan the envelope first, hoping there could be a familiar name that she knows but there wasn't so she decided to open it. Soo Jung thought at the back of her mind that it might probably from Jae Hyun but as she open the letter and read it, it's a confession letter and from her classmate that she happens to have the same class in history. She never thought she will receive these kind of letters as the school will end but as she reads the words 'I like you' 'I hope we can go out sometimes' she was thankful but at the same time, her heart and her affection has been already sealed, she can't look at anyone the same she looks at Jae Hyun, she can't have the same feelings for anyone other than Jae Hyun. Soo Jung decided to talk with her classmate and tell what she really felt, that she already love someone else.

Soo Jung tried to go to the varsity team, and she didn't see Jae Hyun. She saw the boy from the last time that help her to wait with the varsity team and Soo Jung asked if he happens to know where is Jae Hyun. The boy just told her that Jae Hyun might probably in their home, or might probably not there because he heard that he's been hanging out with his other friends outside the school and might not probably attend graduation because he decided to leave the country before graduation. 

Soo Jung: "What?!

Boy#1: "He said to our coach that he might not probably not come to graduation, his mother and him decided to leave the country before the graduation. I actually didn't know when? but they might probably not in the country anymore."

Soo Jung was grasping for air and she can't believe that she might lose her chances again. Soo Jung have decided to go to Jae Hyun's home. Soo Jung ran outside of the school premises and she decided to take a bus. Despite the long ride, Soo Jung decided to call Jae Hyun for the first time again but he seems not answering. Soo Jung just hope that Jae Hyun is still here, if he isn't then she might lose her chance to tell that she loves him. 

It's already 7:02pm and Soo Jung is almost there to Jae Hyun's home. When the bus already arrive to the stop, Soo Jung hurriedly went off to the bus and she looked at her right corner and she decided to run. All she thought that Jae Hyun might be there or not, but she won't take her time lightly but she's making most of it that's why she decided to run. Soo Jung still wearing her uniform and with her backpack. 

When Soo Jung already arrived outside of the Ahn residences, Soo Jung is catching her breathe as she spent running to arrive at the place. Soo Jung looked at the gate and she decided to ask the guards. The guards asked who she is,

Soo Jung: "I'm Jae Hyun's friend, Jung Soo Jung...Can I please know, if Jae Hyun is still in here?"

The guards are skeptical to answer her question but there's this one guard said

Guard#1: "Sorry, miss but Mrs. Ahn and Sir Jae Hyun already left this home, we don't know if they have decided to have a vacation out of town or already left the country."

Soo Jung: "If...you don't know...then there's a possibility, they might come home today at least?"

Guard#1: "I guess so...but we are never sure"

Soo Jung decided that she won't leave the place until she didn't see Jae Hyun on her own eyes. Soo Jung stayed far from the mansion as she is looking at Jae Hyun's room, if ever the light is on, he might probably there, hoping he will be there. Soo Jung got surprised as droplets of water are pouring down, Soo Jung looked for a shelter to cover herself from the rain but apparently she's already been completely wash before the rain poured down. 

A few moments later, the guards noticed Soo Jung is still waiting. They somehow felt worried about her because she's been drenched by the cold rain so this one guard called the main phone inside of the mansion and the Ahn family'secretary answered the phone. The guards told him that there's this girl still waiting for Jae Hyun and the secretary said he got the message. As the secretary went upstairs and knocked on the other room, Jae Hyun is reading, he's reading the book that Soo Jung gave to him before.

A#1: "Sir, your friend is still waiting outside, the guard said, it's been raining so hard outside and this girl still wearing her uniform and been drenched by the rain."

Jae Hyun put down the book and somehow sat himself straightly. Jae Hyun decided not to go to school until graduation since his mom and him will leave the country after the graduation. And Jae Hyun told to the guards and his secretary that they are not in their home but I guess his plan has been wrong proven.

A#1: "Sir, the guards already told her to go home but she insisted to wait"

Jae Hyun: "What? I already broke up with her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter