Chapter 12 : Lost and Found

The Closer I Get
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The second day of Nam High School's outing, their will be having a walk at the forest and will have a camping. The students prepared their things early. Soo Jung woke up early as she can and decided to have breakfast at the cafeteria. While she was taking her food, Jae Hyun went to her and greeted her with a smile.

Jae Hyun: "Good morning!" 

Soo Jung just looked at him and just nods 

Jae Hyun: "Why you look grumpy, it's too early"

Soo Jung went to take a seat and eat her breakfast and Jae Hyun followed him.

Jae Hyun: "Hey, you forgot our consequences."

Soo Jung: "No, I'm not"

Jae Hyun smiled and he also take his breakfast with Soo Jung. 

The head teachers called all their students who has been assigned to them. They were telling about the instructions and safety precautions before going in to the forest. 

Soo Jung went to the lounge area and she saw Ji Ho. Ji Ho smiled and approached her.

Ji Ho: "Hey! Where's your groupmates?"

Soo Jung: "I finished breakfast first then decided to go here, you all seem prepared."

Ji Ho: "Yeah...and I was drag by all of this because most of our groupmates are from varsity that's why they make us feel that pressure. So how's your team?"

Soo Jung: "We're fine but I haven't talked to them all but I think we can do it"

Ji Ho: "Good luck to us, I'll see you at the camping area later"

Soo Jung nods her head then Ji Ho ruffled her hair as he went to his groupmates.

When all of the students were already walking on their way to the place of their camping. Soo Jung went walking alone for a while and have noticed that Jae Hyun wasn't there to bother her. When she looked at the front, she saw Jae Hyun and Su Min walking together, and they are seem happy talking with each other. Soo Jung has been hearing some students about them being a perfect match. And Soo Jung have thought that maybe the way Su Min expected of her and Jae Hyun was really true. 

After an hour and a half of walking, they finally reached the place. Students were amazed by the view that they were seeing. Some of them took photos of it and others were busy preparing their tent. Soo Jung will share a tent with a classmate from her section. Girls and boys were separated. 

It's already 5:30pm and almost dark, the head teachers were also preparing activities for the students. Soo Jung went to her tent and met the one who will share the same tent with her. The girl was different from the usual girls she encountered but she's more like a geek but Soo Jung was comfortable talking with her. 

The teachers already called the students and gathered them outside, they decided to have a healing time. And Soo Jung said to her new found friend that she wasn't good at expressing and sharing her feelings with others especially in a group but her new found friend encouraged her that she can do it.

Jae Hyun went to their seat, and tap at Soo Jung's back

Soo Jung: "Ouch! Hey! you always surprised me"

Jae Hyun: "Are you okay with this?"

Soo Jung looked at Jae Hyun and he seems understands her that it's been hard for her to open up with group of people.

Soo Jung: "Yes, I'm okay...thanks"

Jae Hyun smiled at her and ruffled her hair then he said

Jae Hyun: "I still have two, just so you know"

Soo Jung smiled at him and just said

Soo Jung: "Yeah...I don't forget it."

Jae Hyun waved a goodbye to her and Soo Jung just smiled at him. 

The head teacher who was assigned started sharing before the students starts. Some of the sharing of the students were about their family, relationship, friend and academic concerns. As it was approaching to Soo Jung, she still undecided what she wants to share, then the next one to share is Ji Ho. 

Ji Ho: "Good evening everyone, my name is Ji Ho...and probably all of you know except for freshmen...I came back as a senior again. Honestly I don't know what to share...I don't have any concerns that are considered to be like everyone does....but I'm most excited to graduate because I can now do things that I want and probably chase my dreams. My band and I will start touring after we graduate, to be able to achieve those goals of mine, I need to put a lot of effort and sacrifices for it. That's all...I think..."

After Ji Ho shared his story, he looked at Soo Jung and made a thumbs up, Soo Jung smiled at Ji Ho and also did a thumbs up to him. She have thought that Ji Ho is a passionate person and appreciate little things."

After a few students shared, Soo Jung already felt nervous because it is her to tell next.

Soo Jung: "Good evening, my name is Soo Jung. I' am the transfaree."

Soo Jung was shy as she didn't know what to say then she looked at Jae Hyun, and he's whispering "You can do it!" 

Soo Jung took a deep breathe then she continued

Soo Jung: "I came from a small town, I used to live there whole my life.... when suddenly my dad needs to move in to a new city because of his work. I honestly don't want to leave the place that I used to love...but I also understand my dad's situation, so I have decided to come with them despite feeling of bitterness. I...left my best friend there, who I mostly talk with everyday....I' am not a talkative person, I may not look like friendly because of my quietness but I' am trying..."

The students were focused on Soo Jung to what she was trying to tell.

Soo Jung: "I know to myself that I'm a dull person who doesn't talk about interesting stuff, I came to a new place and a new school, promising to myself, it's just a year, I have to endure it but like what my best friend told me, there's nothing wrong with meeting new people and getting to know them"

Jae Hyun and Ji Ho were listening intently with Soo Jung.

Soo Jung: "She's right...I met interesting people, some might hate me, some I never thought would like me. There are people I considered as friends, and I'm glad about it."

Soo Jung smiled and felt relieved what she really felt about transferring to a new school and moving in to a new city. 

After the healing time between seniors, it's time for them to prepare for sleep. While inside the tent, Soo Jung can't sleep, she just kept staring then Soo Hyun, the girl who Soo Jung shared the tent with asked Soo Jung

Soo Hyun: "You're not sleepy yet?"

Soo Jung: "Not yet..."

Soo Hyun: "Uhmmm....can I ask something?"

Soo Jung: "What is it?"

Soo Hyun: "I just noticed...do Ji Ho and you are dating?"

Soo Jung startled and denied it "No! We're not dating...why you ask?"

Soo Hyun: "I noticed while you were sharing earlier, he kept looking at you and Jae Hyun too"

Soo Jung: "Jae Hyun....?"

Soo Hyun: "While you were sharing, they were really listening to you intently, Jae Hyun also smiled after you shared. Sorry...I'm an observant that's why I talked about details and little things that doesn't even matter."

Soo Jung: "It's fine...don't worry"

Soo Hyun: "Have you come to like anyone from school?"

Soo Jung: "Uhmmm....I like the people who I met and considered me as a friend"

Soo Hyun: "No...I mean, you come to like a boy?"

Soo Jung didn't know what to say and she continued

Soo Jung: "Honestly...I don't know...I still don't know"

Soo Hyun: "You still confused with your feelings right?...even though I'm no expert with relationship. We will come across to those thoughts and confirming ourselves if we really like this person. Even though this person might ruin or make your day."

Soo Jung smiled and said "You know what, let's just sleep and have another day. Good night Soo Hyun"

Soo Hyun: "Good night!"

The next day, all of the students gathered early for their hike. Soo Jung and Ji Ho went along together. While Jae Hyun and Su Min were together too. When they were walking, Soo Jung was looking at Jae Hyun, and she seems miss Jae Hyun distracting her and Ji Ho noticed it

Ji Ho: "Are you okay?"

Soo Jung: "Uh...yes..sorry. I was dazed off because it's too early"

Then Ji Ho took out a bread from his backpack and offered it to Soo Jung

Ji Ho: "Here you eat while we're walking, you don't want to be exhausted and miss out all the scenery"

Soo Jung took the bread and said "Thanks!" then Ji Ho pats her hair

While they were walking, their head teacher as well as a professional, guiding them. When they already stop by  to tak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter