Chapter 15 : Breaking the rules for you

The Closer I Get
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the school gymnasium, Soo Jung went ask other students who also do their practice about the basketball team's schedule. 

Soo Jung: "Hi! May I ask when is the varsity team will come back to school?"

S#1: "They'll probably go back here again on Friday afternoon since the first game will kick off the second week of this month."

Soo Jung: "Okay...thank you!"

Soo Jung wanted to know when Jae Hyun is coming back. She felt kind of desolated when she found out that Jae Hyun had been upset for the past weeks because of their misunderstanding and she's been also bothered that it affects Jae Hyun's performance in his practice. After class, Soo Jung and Ji Ho went home together. 

Ji Ho: "Do you talk to him already?"

Soo Jung: "Not yet...I haven't call him...but I will try later...and I just found out that Jae Hyun was upset about our misunderstanding. All I have knew was that he likes Su Min but I was wrong..."

Ji Ho pats Soo Jung's head and said

Ji Ho: "Don't worry...you will be able to talk to him and clear this misunderstanding. I should have apologize to him too."

Soo Jung: "I am worried that I can't talk and see him anymore...like before."

Ji Ho took a deep breathe and said

Ji Ho: "Okay...let's just eat something before we go our separate ways. You should also think of yourself. There will be a right time for you and him."

Soo Jung smiled and they both went along and find something to eat.

At the site where Jae Hyun was practicing with his team mates. Jae Hyun was dedicating his time to practice hard and concentrate but despite of it, he can't deny that the misunderstanding between him and Soo Jung troubled him. After practicing, Jae Hyun decided to take a break with his team mates. His team mates was asking him if he can go out with them later at night. Jae Hyun decided to said yes and ease for a while his problem. Later that night, Jae Hyun and his team mates went to a party. Jae Hyun' s been going to parties with his classmates but this time, he wasn't in his full mood but because he wants to get by his problems, he decided to go.

At the party, Jae Hyun took a drink and went to their reserved area with his team mates while some were jamming to the live music. Jae Hyun' team captain noticed how gloomy Jae Hyun is so he decided to ask him.

( *TC = Team Captain)

TC: "Hey! You don't seem so good Ahn"

Jae Hyun: "Oh...sorry don't mind me..."

TC: "It's about a girl?"Jae Hyun looked at the team's captain and he smiled a bit means he confirms.

TC: "I don't want to dig it up the story behind your thoughts but you should forget about it. Face what you have right now. It will just freeze you to that past moment and won't move on."

Jae Hyun was kind of stunned about what his team captain said. He thought maybe he was right. The team's captain stood up and called his team mates to have a toast. And all of the members were enthusiastically on it. 

Meanwhile, at Soo Jung's room. She was doing her homework in bed while she listens to music. She kept her phone on her side because in case she have the courage to call Jae Hyun. She 's been conflicting about calling him and facing him personally.

Back to the party, a group of young girls were walking towards Jae Hyun and his team mates area. They've been introduced by their team mate who knew one of the girls. When they introduced Jae Hyun, the girls were murmuring and seems ecstatic. And one girl said

G1: "Oh my! We never thought we will meet him here." And the girl shared how popular Jae Hyun was especially in other schools. The team captain decided to let Jae Hyun and the girl have some time to talk and get to know with each other.

Jae Hyun: "Captain! You really don't need to do this...." the team captain pats Jae Hyun's back and said

TC: "Ahn, just be yourself and talk like the usual you do, you might never know, this is the beginning to meet someone new."

Jae Hyun have thought, who he was in front of them and who he was in front of Soo Jung. The team captain left the girl and Jae Hyun alone. The girl started to asked Jae Hyun about school and other stuff like being a varsity which Jae Hyun answered but he doesn't seem in the mood. A little later, the girl started to get close with Jae Hyun and asked him if he wants to go out in the party just the two of them when suddenly Jae Hyun stood up and said

Jae Hyun: "No! Sorry but I can't do this" and he suddenly walks out of the scene. The girl burried her face with her hands and felt shameful.

When Jae Hyun went out of the party, he took a deep breathe and he had decided to left his team mates. He was walking away back to their dorm when suddenly he saw a bench in a small park. 

A set of playground for kids, trees and big posts, the smell of the green grass surrounds the small park at night. Jae Hyun decided to sat in a bench and collect his thoughts. He looked at the dark sky and see that there were stars tonight. He had thought that the way other people see him is different and he just did what he really wants and what he felt. 

As he looked upon the dark sky. Jae Hyun been thinking to call Soo Jung. He wants to hear her voice for the last time because he is already accepting that he needs to move on now. He decided to call Soo Jung.

While Jae Hyun sat in a bench, collecting his courage to call Soo Jung, he felt kind of worried and at the same time didn't know what Soo Jung would react if he calls her.

At Soo Jung's place, she was still doing her homework and still haven't call Jae Hyun when suddenly her phone was ringing. She noticed it was Jae Hyun. Soo Jung felt glad and nervous at the same time

Soo Jung: "Jae Hyun?"

Jae Hyun was glad that he got to hear Soo Jung's voice but he can't say a word to her. Jae Hyun took a deep breathe, a matter of silence in between them and it struck Soo Jung,

Soo Jung: "Jae Hyun....even though you're not saying anything...I'm glad you did call me"

When Soo Jung said his name, Jae Hyun's eyes became widen and he can't hide his smile but it worries Soo Jung, she kept on calling his name but still no answer and suddenly

Jae Hyun: "Hi...."

When Jae Hyun said hi to Soo Jung, she kept her smile but at the same time she has this worried feeling.

Soo Jung: "Jae Hyun....Jae...." and Soo Jung started sobbing, Jae Hyun can hear Soo Jung so he got worried about it.

Jae Hyun: "Soo Jung...why are you crying?" Soo Jung wipe her tears while holding her phone and said

Soo Jung: "I'm just happy that you talk to me" Jae Hyun was surprised on what Soo Jung said. Jae Hyun was speechless and Soo Jung decided to continue to talk

Soo Jung: "I was planning to call you first....but I don't have the courage and it makes things unbearably painful for me."

Jae Hyun: "Why...? Soo Jung...if you still worried about what happened at the outing...you can forget it now... I also...want to forget it too"

Soo Jung: "Jae Hyun....I want to say sorry...I didn't mean to hurt you...yes I want to forget what happened on that outing but...I don't want you to forget me..." 

Jae Hyun: "Soo Jung...."

Soo Jung: "Can you please wait on that day when you come back....I want to tell you personally...not like this but one thing I want you to remembet for now is that... I don't hate you, okay?"

Soo Jung's sweet voice lingers to Jae Hyun and he felt a sudden relief and at the same time the worriness that he has been holding wipe away. Jae Hyun said

Jae Hyun: "I'm happy I got to talk to you again and I'm happy because you don't hate me, and that what matters to me right now" While Soo Jung was listening to Jae Hyun, she kept on smiling and she said

Soo Jung: "I hope you do well in your practice...and I will see you again."

Jae Hyun smiled and said: "Okay...I'll see you then."

Soo Jung: "Okay..." After they said their goodbyes, Soo Jung can't hide her smile and she rolls over her bed while Ja

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter