Chapter 24 : When words coincide

The Closer I Get
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leaves fall from the trees, flowers somehow withered, the cold and warmth of the air breezes through the day. It's been 4 days since Soo Jung and Jae Hyun encountered their first heartbreak. The student body already knew that Soo Jung and Jae Hyun aren't a couple anymore but it seems most students doesn't bother by it since Jae Hyun has been linking with the popular model, Lee Yoo Bi. Ji Ho and Su Min tried to have a talk with Jae Hyun but he seems occupied with his varsity team practice and engagement outside the school.

It'll only be a few days left and every senior will now graduate. Soo Jung kind of felt empty since she thought she can have her graduation and Jae Hyun but it seems she can only grasp one thing and that is graduating.

When Soo Jung finally went home after a long day of school, she e-mails her best friend Jin Ri, and this is only the time she can share what she feels towards Jae Hyun and her breakup.

To Jin Ri,

Hi! how are you? It's been a while since I write an e-mail again. It's been very busy and graduation is coming nearer and nearer than I have ever thought. Do you have plans after graduation? I'm planning to come back home and maybe have a vacation there...so hopefully I can see you and maybe after that I will go to my university and start my first dorm life. 

I haven't tell you this, but the boy that I talked about before...well...we already broke up last week. It's a sudden occurence but also a sudden reason. I'm...trying to move on though I know it's a long process of moving on because...I never actually thought that I will fell in love with someone like that...that's why I never wanted to get attach with people to a place I never been because...it will end up like this, I'm afraid to say, I just experienced what I just have worried when moving to a new place. I confronted him but he just told me, he just get tired with me and maybe I just have thought of this idea about love and that idea of mine shattered in to pieces because it's never been like that. I shouldn't have trusted my feelings to a popular jock, I thought he's different and I guess he isn't...maybe I'm just like those girls who goes swoon over him.

But don't worry, I'm trying to forget it now...I at least have still friends here to talk to me and encourage me. It'll only be a few days left and I'm leaving this place. If I leave this place after graduation then maybe I can finally say I can now leave my memories with him here and forget it for good.

I hope you're doing well there, I hope I can see you there if ever I come home. Take care!

Love,

Soo Jung.

Soo Jung closed her laptop and throw herself to her bed. She looked at the ceiling and drowned her face to the white pillow. Maybe the words she says about moving on isn't actually complements to what she acts. After all she still likes him. 

The next day, Soo Jung have her afternoon class and she was surprised when Jae Hyun attend today's class. Jae Hyun comes to the room with his varsity team friends. They caught each other's gazes but Jae Hyun turned away and walked with his group. When the afternoon class already finish, Soo Jung decided to go to her favorite bookstore and might buy something for Jin Ri. When Soo Jung is walking, she somehow get familiarize with the place, the steps that she took down from the street, is the same one when Jae Hyun and her had their last date. Soo Jung stop from walking and somehow got froze from the middle when people are walking pass by her. Soo Jung somehow got sad when she's looking at that place, she thoughtlessly went there without knowing what she can retrieve from there. Soo Jung decided to sit in a bench for a while but she can't go inside of the bookstore. Soo Jung took a deep breathe and looked at the ground, when suddenly a familiarize voice called Soo Jung. She looked at the right corner and it's Kang Jeon, 

Kang Jeon: "Soo Jung!" 

Kang Jeon went closer to Soo Jung and she asked surprisingly.

Soo Jung: "Kang Jeon...I thought you're already move out from here?"

Kang Jeon: "Uhmm...I haven't yet...but I'm actually considering to stay here and might probably have a job here in teaching."

Soo Jung smiled and said

Soo Jung: "That's good..." 

Kang Jeon sat next to Soo Jung and asked her

Kang Jeon: "What are you doing in here?"

Soo Jung: "Uhm...wandering around..."

Kang Jeon seem to noticed Soo Jung and she seems in the cold gaze and at that time he knew what might have happened. 

Kang Jeon: "Do you want to have a coffee? I mean we haven't talk to each for a while though"

Soo Jung looked at Kang Jeon and nods her head. 

When Kang Jeon and Soo Jung were already at the cafe, both of them were in silence, didn't know what to do or what to say. Their order already arrived and the waiter is placing the food on their table. Kang Jeon clear his throat and decided to start the conversation.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter