-3-

Standing On The Side Line

Monday comes and I take the bus to school with Junhong. He is grumbling about how school shouldn’t have been invented and we should not be forced to go to school. Well, from his grumbling, all I get is  that we should get more sleep.

He sits down on the last available seat when there is a granny coming up to the bus. He pretends not to see and I cluck my tounge irritably. I immediately hit the back of his head harshly.

“Get up! Don’t you see a granny?!” I smack him again when he glares at me.

With an angry huff, he leaves the seat, grumbling again about how I shouldn’t be so cruel to my own brother. I roll my eyes and tell the granny to take the seat.

“You are such a kind young lady!” The granny beams and I smile at her.

Such a spirit for an old woman. Smiling, I dart my eyes around the bus and find someone staring at me with penetrating gaze.

Oh. My. Freaking….

That is Kai.

 

 

 

I jump out from the bus as soon as possible and leave my grumbling brother behind. I run quickly to my locker and clumsily take out my books for the class. I don’t know why I am behaving like an antsy ant, but I do know that I don’t want to see Kai.

All I know is that I behaved like a man just now and that’s very embarrassing.

“Morning.” Hyuna greets as she drapes her arm over my shoulder.

“Morning.” I greet her as well and we walk together to our class.

Upon nearing our class, she forces me to stop by the wall magazine, where new news will be stuck on the wall.

“Oh oh oh!” Hyuna tugs my arm. “Look, the dancing ball will be held this Saturday!”

The dancing ball is once in a six month dance ball, inviting all the students from first year in high school until the third. The dancing ball is held by the student council as to make students socializing. I had passed the dancing ball for three times in a row, no matter how many times Hyuna threatened not to talk to me anymore.

I’m quite sure she will force me again this semester.

“I’m not going,” I say quickly and uninterestedly as I try to walk away from her grip.

She tightens her grip and shoots a glare at me. “You. Will. Be. Going. This. Year.” She says with much intensity that I feel fired up… yeah right.

“No. I’m not going.” I pull my hand away and vice versa, I do it!

I quickly walk in the right path to my class. Hyuna jogs toward me and when she finally catches up, she walks by my side.

“Why? You’re going to waste your high school year without even knowing!”

“It doesn’t matter. I have no one to dance with.”

“This year you have Junhong.”

“Oh come on. He went last time when I didn’t. It still doesn’t matter.” I say and walk through the door.

“This is the dance ball we’re talking about!” She hysterically says.

“And how many times have we talked about this, Hyuna? You know my answer will always be a no.” I say, sitting down on my chair and placing my supplies on the table.

“No, no, no! I’ve gotten enough of your three nos.” She says, sitting down beside me and taking out her supplies as well. “I’m going to drag you in this year! No matter if you want or not.”

I shot her a look. “You don’t dare.”

“Oh yes I am! You’ll see bestie.” She grins just as the right time the teacher walks in.

I pout at Hyuna before shifting my attention to the teacher.

 

 

 

I tap my pencil on my study table as I look at the math problem I am facing. I have math test tomorrow and no matter how long I study it, I could never understand a word. This , you know. I am not a failing student, but I am not a smart student either.

Anyone who knows me knows that I pass my studies with average score. I just can’t seem to understand anything regarding numbers and formulas. I almost fail my physics exam last time if not for Hyuna secretly helping me out.

Looking back at my notebook, I try to understand how to do the limit question I am facing. I can do simple limit, but this limit consists trigonometry. I know, I know. This is very . I’ll be damned if I get a high score for this. Even the teacher wouldn’t believe it.

After staring at the question for another couple minutes, I decide that I shouldn’t waste my time with such things. There are so many other things that I could’ve done, and it will not be done if I just sit here like an idiot.

“INNA!!” Mom calls from downstairs.

I close my book and go down immediately, not even hesitating to look back at my table. I find my mom in the kitchen, currently setting baking supplies on the counter.

“We’re out of flour sweetie. Can you go to the nearest market to buy it for me?” Mom says sheepishly as she takes out a bag of sugar.

“Where’s Junhong?”

“He went out with his friends to play basketball in the neighborhood park.” Mom replies. “I’m going to bake cookies for you guys.”

“Oh well.” I say.

Mom gives me the exact amount of money and tells me not to go home too late. It is near nine already when I wear my sneakers. I can hear mom going up; probably to take a shower. She always takes a bath late. I warn her that she might catch pneumonia or rheumatic, but she still wouldn’t listen.

The sky is dark and there isn’t any star or a moon, but the light post make up for the darkness. The street is very quiet, and truthfully, I enjoy the serenity. In my house, I can hardly get some quietness as my little brother will come and go to my room as if he owns it. We have a very close relationship as siblings and though it irritates me sometimes of how casual he is being, but I’m glad that we don’t have awkward relationship that most brother-sister has.

Since it is summer, the night air isn’t that cold, but it is windy. I slap my own forehead for forgetting my jacket and walk quickly to the big street, where a small convenience store can be seen. I go in the store immediately and rub my hands together. The wind is indeed harsh.

I walk to the ingredients section and find the usual flour my mom buys. I see that the flour is on discount, so after calculating with my small head, I manage to count that I have at least two hundred won left. I grin and walk to the chocolates section.

As I am thinking whether to buy Hersey or Kitkat, I feel a presence beside me. I glance stealthily and my eyes widen when I see Kai looking over the chocolates as well. I gasp silently, feeling as if my breath is taken away when he moves closer to my side; whether he notices it or not.

I try to calm my erratic heart by palming my chest, but it is rendered useless when he turns his head to me and looks at me as if trying to recognize me.

He squints his eyes as he remembers me. “You’re our manager’s assistant, aren’t you?”

I nod. I must’ve lost my voice already.

“What are you doing here late at night?” He asks.

“Uh… well, my mom told me to buy flour for her cookies.” I reply stupidly. I straighten up after a second and grab a cookies-and-cream Hersey and bow at him in ninety degree. “I’ll get going now then.”

He blinks just as fast as I walk to the cashier, giving all the money to the worker because I know it is the right amount.

“Hey…”

I don’t hear anything anymore as I walk out from the convenience store, trying to get away from Kai. I don’t know why, but I just feel really, really nervous every time I’m near him. I’m well aware my feelings for him, but he doesn’t know that and neither does he know me that well.

I don’t know him that well too, but that one time is enough for me to fall for him.

Suddenly I feel myself being pulled back and my eyes meet with a pair of dark brown eyes. Kai stares at me without saying anything as he lets go of the back of my shirt. “Why did you walk away? I called you out.”

I gulp, suddenly feeling tensed and very nervous. The anxiety is piling up in my throat and I find no way to talk.

“Hey, are you listening?”

I nod like an idiot.

“Then answer me.” He says as he eyes me.

I wonder why he is talking to me and pretending as if we know each other so well. He has never introduced himself to me formally and neither do I. We’re pretty much a stranger with me liking him, and he doesn’t know a slightest bit about the sad information. And honestly, we never talk except that one time he interrogates me.

“It’s getting late…” I meekly answer and give a sheepish smile to support my argument.

He pokes his tounge inside his cheek. “Let me walk you home.”

My eyes widen at his suggestion and I immediately reject his idea. “No! There’s no need…”

“It’s late and a girl shouldn’t walk alone.” He interrupts with the tone “do not defy me”. He stares straight into my eyes and I can see the stubbornness in them.

I sigh, knowing that continuing to argue will just lead us nowhere, and nod as a sign that he can walk me home. We walk side-by-side, but it is obvious that he is following me. We turn into the residential area, and there are no more sounds of cars, people, or anything else.

It is quiet and serene. I don’t know what he is thinking, but I don’t dare to peek at him. Or maybe I do because then his voice resonates through the air.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.” I reply with small voice.

We are once again surrounded by silence and there is only the sound of our footsteps against the hard concrete. I find myself starting to feel comfortable and the anxiety I had felt slowly leaving my nerve system.

“Isn’t this your house?” He asks, halting me from my thought.

I turn right to see he’s right. “Oh right.” I turn to him and smile. “Thanks for accompanying me! It’s really kind of you…”

Kai nods and signals me to go inside using his chin. I keep the smile on my face. All I know is that it is a genuine one. When I have closed the door, I immediately go to the living room and peek outside from the window.

Kai looks at my house for a little while but he doesn’t go quickly. I raise an eyebrow at the weirdness, but then he turns his eyes to the window and I gasp, letting go of the curtain right away. After calming my breath, I peek outside once again and find that he has already gone.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

I love this story so much. I love Kaii :)) So love this story as well with comments, upvotes, and subscribes!

 

 

Flamingdesire.jpg

Kim Taeyeon had just lost her husband. Kwon Jiyong asked her hand in marriage.

“Are you crazy? Why would I marry you?”

“I’m not crazy. I’m giving you the chance to fix everything.”

addictedtobyunbaekhyun.jpg

Park Chanyeol is straight. He likes girls and girls like him. So why when the eyeliner-wearer, transferee student Byun Baekhyun comes, Park Chanyeol felt his ual preference slowly changing?

hb6z.jpg

I was twelve and he was sixteen.

It was a gloomy, rainy day. I remembered that day vividly. That day he had taken something important, precious and valuable from me. I was so young, so small that I didn’t realize what he was doing; no, no, I didn’t know anything he was doing to me. He whispered that he would take care of me and it wouldn’t hurt, but trust me, what I felt after that, was pain and hurt, altogether with sorrow.

Then came along Byun Baekhyun, my prince charming. He was sweet and unbelievably kind. The only guy I would have liked or loved, I guess. I wanted to be his girlfriend, but every time I thought of that, I would look down at myself and cringed. I disgusted at myself to the bottom of hell. Nobody would understand, and I hope they would never know.

But my brother, Kim Jongin, didn’t have any intention to let me off his grasp yet. Even, he pulled me deeper and darker into him, but I know well what I felt to him wasn’t love like my love to Baekhyun. His was more sickening.

But that’s not all, one day, I found out that his friend Xi Luhan, has the same sickening love towards me.

I wanted to run. I wanted to get away from this sick life. I wanted to have a happy ending with Baekhyun.

 

Would I ever have it?

foreverlovingyou3.jpg

Suzy was looking for a job when she came across a small job as an office girl. Because she was in hurry for money, she applied for the job. Something happened and somehow she offended the owner of the company, Kris Wu.

Kris was obviously displeased when this office girl had offended him, and somehow was seeking revenge on her. But not everything happen in a way we want, and he fell in love with her. But she was in love with her childhood sweetheart.

And when Kris slowly find his way to her heart; would she reject him… or instead open her arms widely?