-29-

Standing On The Side Line

I'm on a roll guys! Updated a number of my on-going fanfics. HAHAHA. Anyway, please heal soon Jongin. Don't overuse your stamina. We know you love dancing and we know you want to give your best, but it doesn't do us or you good if you hurt yourself.

 

Subscribes. Comments. Upvotes.

________________________

 

Waking up in the morning has always been a pain in the , but today, this particular day, which also is the first day of the new semester in school, has become a nice day to wake upon. I do the stretch that all those K-drama girls do when they wake up in the morning and manage a “Huam” while patting my opened mouth as gently as possible. After that, I get up and make the bed before jumping toward the bathroom. I take a nice and warm morning breath, making sure to make bubbles and blow them around. I also hum ‘Will you marry me by Lee Seunggi’ the whole morning, making my brother Junhong to give me a stink eye. The song is a little far-fetched from my current situation, but to me the meaning is more or less the same.

“Good morning, sweetpie. You look wonderful today,” Mom says while she pours some tea to me.

“I do feel wonderful today, mom.” Smiling, I continue to hum as I put jam over my bread. “Don’t you just feel the happiness today? I think the weather’s going to be wonderful.”

Junhong’s jaw drops as he shakes his head. “Okay, now you’re being weird. Mom, she’s being weird. I think Hyuna’s rub her off… no, not even Hyuna likes to wake up in the morning, especially on school days.”

“What are you saying, my little cutie brother? I just feel amazing this morning so I want to share my happiness with y’all this morning. I hope you don’t mind.”

My dad turns to my mom. “I think you should refrain buying her another Wild West or Texas-stuff story. She’s getting weird with her all speaking way.”

“Dad, please. Don’t blame it on my novels. They are my grovel.”

“They don’t match sis. They don’t rhyme.”

“I don’t give a care. Today is the day I can say everything and you can’t stop me. Half of the things I’ve said today are nonsense and I know that. But I just choose not to care, you understand?”

Junhong just shakes his head and gives me a look. “Whatever, I’m leaving. Bye mom, bye dad.”

“Go with your noona, Junhong!” Mom shouts.

“No! I won’t go with the weird woman!”

“You small poop! Let’s go together!”

“Inna language!” Dad shouts in the midst of it.

As Junhong opens the front door while trying to get away from his super hyper sister (A.K.A me), he stops in surprised. I bump into his back, obviously. “What the…”

I can’t finish my sentence as my eyes bulge out when I see who’s at the door.

Kai is standing in front of the door with a smile on his face. Like sunshine in the middle of harsh winter, he says, “Shall we go now?”

 

Mom makes me promise to tell her who Kai is when I go home. Dad is a different case. He acts all high and mighty when Kai bows in front of him. He only gives me a stink eye which I take a good sign. He acts differently from front and back. He might act like he likes you but it turns out that he hates you. Yeah, so I’m just going to take the risk that he actually likes Kai… hopefully.

Anyway, Kai brings his car which takes me by surprise. I like his Harley-Davidson to tell the truth. It gives me some unreachable and cool vibes. Don’t tell him I say that. Anyway, I assume he brings the car so he will make a better impression on my parents. Imagine how they’ll act had they seen a Harley-Davidson in front of the house. I’d cackle crazily. And maybe cry at the same time; in hope they will still let me be with Kai.

“Where’s the big cycle?”

Kai turns to me and raises his eyebrow. “I don’t think my gangster motorcycle like to be called ‘big cycle’. Anyway, he’s at home being polished.”

“Should I know the reason he’s suddenly being polished?”

“I would like to think your dad would prefer a comfortable looking car than a gangster-like motorcycle that might give your parents heart attack. Besides, I prefer to be seen as angel in front of parents,” Something in his tone was showing indifference, but I didn’t bother to question.

The ride to school filled with unimportant chat, which was an amazing feat considering it was done with me. Kai laughed and made jokes, which I found absolutely adorable and made my hands itching to give him some cheeks pinches. He grabbed my hand one time when we were held in a traffic light and kissed lightly on the knuckles. Talk about melting in the sun’s heat.

Arriving at school, I suddenly felt sweat breaking out from my skin. Even when his car rolled through the gate, most of the students looked at the car and tried to see the driver. Thankfully, all the glasses were tinted black and it made hard to see from outside unless you plaster your face on the glass. Kai parked his car and we took a minute before opening the door to get out. I could hear collective sounds of gasping and before I could bother to look around, Kai had grabbed my hand and led me through the front door.

We stopped by my locker and I could hear everyone’s whispering.

“Oh my God… is that for real?”

“Kai and that loser?” Probably coming from Hana’s underling.

“I can’t believe it!”

“She must have deceived him or something!”

I tried my best not to be bothered, but obviously it was hard. “You can go to your locker.” I said to Kai without looking at him.

He leaned closer and whispered right at my neck, “And left you to these hyenas? Don’t even think about it.”

I grin slightly. “Well, what can I say? I am irresistible right? You can’t even leave me alone,”

After that we go to his locker, where he grabs his books and then continues to proceed to my class. I wave at him quickly and close the door behind me.

“Oh my freaking!” The sound of my best friend’s Hyuna just booms. “You guys are like the most adorable couple on earth! How can that be!!” She jumps up and down like some hyper kid. “I need details.”

“Nope, no details.”

“Are you serious—” But before she could continue, she is stopped by the sound of our teacher walking into class.

“Alright class, settle down. I have an announcement today. A new transferred student arrives today and this transfer is so sudden that there was no circulating news before. Anyway, let’s ask our new classmate to join us.” Then teacher motions at the person on the door. “Please come in.”

It is like a slow motion.

A girl walks in with her soft, brown, fluffy hair flows on her back. Her skin is so fair and her eyes are big and sharp. She has small, thin lips that are so pinkish it is irresistible. I could hear all the guys whistling and making big noise over the new girl. I find her really pretty too.

“Hi, my name is Krystal Jung. I’m from California… nice to meet you,” She says the last part as if she drinks something bitter.

“Alright, you can sit wherever you want… as long as the chair is empty. Okay, now open your textbook page 40.” The teacher continues.

The Krystal girl chooses the seat in front of me because it is one of the empty seats available. I look at her back posture and damn she is flawless. I sigh and turn to Hyuna, who has diverted her attention away from the new thing. She is never one to be interested in new students.

The class goes on boringly and when the bell rings indicating lunch break, I quickly shuffle the out and go to my locker to put my stuff before going to cafeteria. Kai is standing in front of the cafeteria and talking to his friends. When he sees me he waves me over and grabs my hand.

“Ohhhh~” His friends tease, making me blush all over my face.

“Inna, welcome to the group!” Luhan welcomes warmly, his eyes glistening with clarity.

“So you’re Inna?” One of the boys with low voice and tall height says. His eyes rake over me before he nods in appraisal. “I think you’re too good for Kai,”

I look down because I could not take all the teasing when they all laugh seeing how shy I am.

Hyuna comes through and immediately drapes an arm around me. “Are you all bullying my best friend here?”

The guys all shut up and raise all their hands. Well, one of them points at the tall guy and says, “Chanyeol bullies her!” The he runs off while the tall guy chase after him, calling after “Baekhyun!” whom has ran off to somewhere unseen.

Kai tugs my hand and we walk to the queue in silence. I, for one, am too shy to say anything. It’s one thing to be just the two of us inside our own bubble and being together in the middle of a large group. It’s unsettling.

When we are eating, suddenly someone put a hand on my shoulder. I turn to see L.

He’s panting, his forehead sweating. “I heard… about you and Kai. It’s not true, is it?”

I swallow, my dry lips as I try to find my words. It’s too sudden.

“I…”

“We’re dating,” Kai announces loudly.

“!” L surges forward to punch Kai.

My eyes widen in shock as I shout after him. “Myungsoo!” Few voices call the same name.

A group of people comes to pull L away.

“How dare you?” L shouts.

Kai stands up from the floor, brushing the nonexistent dust. His face has a few bruises, but all in all he still looks perfect. “It was fair, L. She was free to choose whoever she wanted.”

“Don’t tell me…” I choke out. “You do this because of me?” I whisper, my tone is full of disbelief.

L looks away, shameful.

“I told you, sweetie.” Hyuna hums somewhere.

“Myungsoo… I…” I open my mouth but nothing comes out. I don’t want to flat out reject him; that would be too cruel. “…can I talk to you? Privately?”