Chapter 2: January 10th 2013

Moving On

Chapter 2: January 10th 2013

“I think it would be a good idea, Jessica. What my mum suggested.” The blonde girl sitting on the stool in the kitchen just hummed in response not really taking in what her husband was saying as her mind was elsewhere. It was a regular thing for the young blonde to be so lost in thought that she would forget everything around her, though it was something new that she had started to do. The man stood on the other side of the kitchen counter holding a cup of coffee in one hand as he looked down at his wife. He was frustrated, though he didn’t show it. “Psychiatrist, Jessica. I mean for you to see a psychiatrist.” Repeating what he had said earlier assuming that she hadn’t heard him. “Baby you listening to me?” He asked sipping his coffee, this zoning out thing that his wife was doing worried him more than he cared to admit. Jessica looked up staring in his direction but never directly looking at him. “Sure, yeah… that’s fine.” She mumbled in response. The man nodded glancing at the kitchen watch realising that it was time for him to head to work. The tall man manoeuvred around the kitchen counter giving Jessica a tender kiss on the forehead. “I love you.” He said picking up his bag and keys as he made his way to the office. He stopped momentarily at the kitchen door hoping to hear the same words from her but he didn’t.  Jessica head tilted to the side she as she noticed him stop momentarily. Wanting so much to say the words ‘I love you’ back but somehow the words never leaving , as she watched him disappear from her vision.