Chapter 14: November 27th 2012

Moving On

A/N: Thank you to '-serenity' and 'coolplp9'​ for subscribing. Enjoying reading. Comments are very much appreciated. Nine_9

 

Chapter 14: November 27th 2012

Mrs. Park, Jaejoong’s secretary was getting ready to head home. It was around 7 in the evening as she began to gather her stuff. She stopped for a moment to answer the phone that was ringing on her desk. “Hello Kim’s corporation how may I help.” Mrs. Park spoke into the phone. “Ah, this is View Memorial Hospital can I speak to Mr. Kim Jaejoong.” The woman on the other side of the phone asked. Mrs. Park arched her eyebrows in confusion, wondering why the hospital wanted to talk to him. “Yeah sure I’ll put him through.”

Today was any day like any other. But today was different, he could feel it. He, Jaejoong felt happier than normal that was until he got the call that would change everything. He answered his phone not expecting much but nevertheless a little confused as to why the hospital was calling him. “Hello.” He spoke into the phone as he sorted some papers in front of himself. “Hi, is this Mr. Kim Jaejoong?” The woman on the other side inquired. Jaejoong responded with a yes as the woman on the other side clearly a doctor continued on. “It’s your wife Mr. Kim, she been in an accident.” Jaejoong’s mind had gone blank the moment the woman on the other side had mentioned wife and accident. He was still holding the phone against his ear but the rest of him was not responding. “Mr. Kim… Mr. Kim you still there.” The woman on the phone asked sounding rather worried.

Jaejoong rushed out of his office shoving his phone into his pocket as he held on to his car keys tightly. He was a frantic mess. Mrs. Park noticed him looking distraught. She grabbed hold of Jaejoong by the arm causing him to stop. “I’ll call you a cab. You are in no fit condition to be driving.” Mrs. Park forced Jaejoong to sit down giving him a glass of water as she called for a cab. The words of the doctor began running through his mind and then it dawned on him that she wasn’t alone. He held the glass in his hand recalling how Jessica had called just a couple of hours before the accident, sounding so happy and having so much fun with her sister.