Chapter 16: March 18th 2013

Moving On

Chapter 16: March 18th 2013

“There doesn’t seem to be anything apparently wrong with your wife Mr. Kim.”  The middle aged doctor spoke in a calm and caring voice. “However your wife seems to be under a lot of stress which isn’t good for the baby. Congratulations she’s pregnant.” The doctor said with a smile. However Jaejoong wasn’t smiling, no he was doing quite the opposite.

Jaejoong stood there in a crumpled up mess, trying to register the doctor’s news. Was he happy at the thought of being a father, of course he was. But the timing was all wrong, it was completely wrong. Jessica was in no state mentally to handle something like this, or maybe he was under estimating her. But with all the recent events that he had heard or witnessed or more clearly what had happened early on in the day that caused Jessica to pass out worried him. He should be happy jumping with joy, but instead he’s sighing thinking of what to do next.

Jaejoong wanders around the hospital for a while before making up his mind about the current situation. After all honesty is the best policy even if he himself didn’t agree with it. He opened the door to her room as he was walked in to find her awake gazing out of the window. She let out a tired smile as he walked towards her. He was about to speak when he was cut off by another voice, hers. She caressed her tummy looking up at him. “I know,” She spoke in a cheerful manner surprising Jaejoong at she looked up at him with a light smile on her face. “I’m pregnant. I know.” Her tone was laced with happiness, she was happy. For the first time in months, Jessica Kim was happy. Jaejoong let out a sigh of relief wondering how she knew...had the doctor told her.

The maid was cleaning around the house as she did every morning at the Kim residence. She was making her way up to the bedroom to bid goodbye to the lady of the house. But when the maid opened the door she was shocked to find Mrs. Kim lying passed out on the ground. The maid panicked calling for the ambulance. She was rushed to the hospital and admitted to a private room. Once Jessica finally came through the doctor had informed her of the great news, the news that she was pregnant.  

So she knew, she had known for about a week. And after contemplation for a week if she could cope being a mother in her mental state she realised it didn’t matter. Because maybe this was karma, when one life is taken from this world, another life is born in its place, as if to continue the life that they had left incomplete. “So where do we go from here?” He asked not quite sure of the answer to the question.

 

A/N: I thought I'd do triple update. Sadly this story is coming to an end. I hope you readers enjoyed reading it. Feel free to share your thought etc. Nine_9