Chapter 17: April 20th 2013

Moving On

Chapter 17: April 20th 2013

Jaejoong began to notice a slight change in Jessica’s attitude. It was not apparent at first glance, but he noticed it. Jessica smiled, he never thought that he would miss something like Jessica’s smile but he was glad to have it back and with each passing week she would take another step back to normalcy.

Things had changed, they were being more open to one another. It didn’t feel like one-sided love to him anymore. Even his morning routine had changed, not that he didn’t like it.

Jaejoong gulped down the last bit of his coffee. He checked the clock picking up his bag from the ground next to himself. Jessica just stared at him as he drunk his coffee watching his every move with a smile on her face. Jaejoong stood before her pressing his lips on her forehead. “I know I’m handsome but must you gawk at me like a love sick teenager.” He joked earning a punch on his arm from her. But what she did next took him by surprised. She pulled him by his necktie pressing her lips against his. “This gawking teenager loves you Mr. Kim, don’t you ever forget that.” She said with her icy glare but her beautiful smile. Jaejoong just nodded his head happy to have her back, things were back the way they were before.

Things had improved with each passing week. The psychologist was very happy with Jessica’s progress. He encouraged her to be more open about what was bothering her to the people she loved like Jaejoong and her parents. He encouraged her to take risks, even though she was reluctant at first. ‘Pain is inevitable, you can’t avoid it. No one can understand your pain better then yourself. Don’t wallow in self pity, if you’re in pain then express it, get it out of your system. There is no formula to happiness, we as individuals create our own happiness.’