Chapter 11: March 5th 2013

Moving On

Chapter 11: March 5th 2013

“Hello, Krystal.” The psychologist had a strange smile on his face a smile Jessica couldn’t read nor understand. The petite girl looked at the psychologist in utter disbelief, had he just said what she thought he had said. She wasn’t sure anymore. “How have you been, Krystal?” The psychologist asked looking at the empty space next to Jessica as if someone was sitting there. “I’m fine.” Another voice spoke that sounded a lot like Krystal’s voice. Jessica turned her head to the side noticing the previously empty spot on the sofa next to her to be now occupied by her sister, Krystal. The blonde’s head was practically spinning now. She couldn’t think straight. “That’s good. Lovely dress, red suits you.” The psychologist said amiably. The red dress, how did he know that she was wearing a red dress? Could he really see her or was her mind playing cruel tricks on her again. Jessica turned to look at her sister smiling cheerfully. “What’s wrong, Jessica. Don’t you want to say hello to your sister?” The psychologist asked in a serious tone that slightly frightened Jessica. Could he really see Krystal? She wasn’t sure, all she felt was extremely uncomfortable with the whole situation. Jessica turned to her sister stuttering her words. “C-can he… see you.” Jessica asked hesitantly. Both the psychologist and Krystal just laughed at her like a stupid clueless child. “You’re so funny.” Jessica vision was becoming hazy she couldn’t think, she felt like she was going to pass out any moment.

 

“Jessica, Miss Jessica you okay.” The psychologist asked seeing something not quite right with Jessica’s facial expressions. “You zoned out there for a minute, you alright.” The psychologist asked rather worried for her well being. Jessica frantically turned to her side to find the spot next to her empty. She looked at the psychologist and then around the room. Everything seemed normal. How could that be? Just a moment ago her sister and the psychologist were…

 

“I think I should go, I don’t feel too good.” Jessica’s mind began to spin around in circles. There was far too much to take in, far too much to try and understand.  She needed to get out of here before she actually passes out for real.