Chapter 4: February 12th 2013

Moving On

A/N: Subscribe and please do comment your thoughts etc. Enjoy reading. Nine_9

Chapter 4: February 12th 2013

“So Miss Jessica, how are you today?” The psychologist asked trying desperately to look interested. This was his 5th session with Jessica Kim and she was still a mystery to him. She hardly ever spoke and never full sentences. All the psychologist knew about her was obvious things like the fact that she is a fashion designer and that she was married to CEO Jaejoong Kim.

Half an hour had gone past very slowly. The psychologist had returned with two cups of coffee in his hands, which he had placed on the coffee table. “Your husband had suggested that you see a psychologist, is that right?” The psychologist asked. Jessica sat opposite the psychologist on a leather sofa. She wore a shirt with skinny jeans and heels. She sat with her back straight in a reserved manner. Her face was expressionless and unreadable as she played with her fingers just nodding in response. “Your husband clearly loves you a lot?” His statement brought a small smile to her face and he finally saw a response in her. The psychologist was aware that the problem was not her marriage but he was hoping that through some probing he would be able to find out what the real issue was. Though he didn’t know what the real issue was, he was trying to coax her towards talking about it as best as he could.  “It must be tiring for you and for him don’t you think?” The psychologist said causally as he sipped away on his coffee, he knew he was about to cross the line but he didn’t care. He noticed something flicker in her. “I mean having to come here with you every week, as he waits outside.” The psychologist said in a rather conceited manner. Jessica felt a sting of anger run through her system at the psychologist’s words but she remained composed. The psychologist continued on. “This is your 5th session now and yet we still haven’t achieved anything. I am aware that your husband is rich, but........!” He had deliberately left the end of his sentence incomplete. The last word of the psychologist hit her and hit her hard. Doubt began to fill her mind and a surge of guilt ran through her system. Her mind was now in complete disarray and she was finding it hard keeping it together. She felt tears pricking her eyes, her vision becoming hazy and she knew that it wouldn’t be before long the tears would start streaming down her face. Jessica looked at the clock. She still had a good 10 minutes left of this session but she couldn’t wait that long. She had to get out she had to leave. She didn’t want anyone to see her like this. It made her feel exposed and she hated feeling exposed. She got up from the sofa ignoring the psychologist as she hurriedly made her way out of the room. She felt the walls around her crumble to the ground the moment she walked out of the room. Finding it hard to breathe or even think straight.

Jaejoong sat on one of the chairs in the lobby. His arms folded around his chest tapping his foot on the ground waiting for Jessica, his wife. Jaejoong would bring his wife to the psychologist office every week for her session. He didn’t mind waiting outside for an hour, he had actually suggested it. He was taken by surprise when he saw her coming out of the psychologist’s office 10 minutes before her session was supposed to end. He wondered what on earth had happened to cause her to just get up and leave. He rushed toward her calling out her name. Jessica was finding it hard keeping it together. “Jessica.” She heard his voice. She felt her knees go weak. She didn’t want him to see her like this. She wished she could just fold in and disappear. The moment she felt warm arms wrap around her tiny waist she lost it. Sobbing uncontrollably as he turned her around so that she was facing him. But she couldn’t look at him. Burying her face in his chest she continued to sob, soaking his shirt. Jaejoong wasn’t sure what was wrong; she wasn’t like this when he had left her earlier. He managed to get her down to the car as he sat her on the passenger seat crouching down next to her. Jaejoong breathed in air taking her hands in his as he looked at her. “Let’s go home, shall we.” He said in a chirpy tone trying to lighten up the mood. “Can I come with you, please?” She asked in a rather desperate plea. She didn’t want to be alone at home not when she felt like this. Jaejoong just smiled as he pressed his lips against her forehead. “Of course.” He said reassuringly to her. He noticed the fear evident in her eyes and he didn’t want to leave her alone in this state.

The car came to a stop and Jaejoong turned the engine off taking his keys out as he turned to look at her. She had fallen asleep on their drive toward his office. Clearly the events of the day had taken it out of her. He let out a long sigh as he stared at her. He got out of the driver’s seat as he manoeuvred around the car toward the passenger seat. Jaejoong lifted her out of the passenger seat as he carried her in his arms into the building and up to his offices. He ignored the gossiping and staring staff as he made his way toward his office. He entered his offices placing Jessica gently onto large sofa making sure not to wake her. Jaejoong rummaged through his drawers in search of the blanket that he had kept there in case of an emergency. He took the blanket placing it over her body so that she wouldn’t feel cold.

Jaejoong sat at his desk unable to get any work done. The event that happened early on in the day refused to leave his mind. There were so many questions swimming around in his mind. Questions he wished he could get the answer for. He shut his eyes trying to block out the thoughts that were now running through his mind. His eyes shot open when he heard the sound of someone shuffling realising that she must be awake. Jessica sat up taking in her surrounding that felt quite alien to her. She finally realised that she was in Jaejoong’s office. It looked different from the last time that she had been in it. A rather large wedding picture of her and him hung proudly on the wall. She didn’t even know that he had framed it, looking at it bought a smile to her face with a matching one of his.