Chapter 10: March 2nd 2013

Moving On

Chapter 10: March 2nd 2013

“Hello.” Jaejoong hears on the intercom as he stares at the screen. He knows who it is even before her image become visible. He doesn’t say anything but just buzzes the person in.

Jaejoong looks around to see where Jessica is as he makes his way toward the front door. He opens the door to be greeted by his mother-in-law. Though he is happy to see her he wonders how Jessica will react. He knows that Jessica has been avoiding seeing her mother. All he knows is that all hell is about to break loose. Jaejoong leads his mother-in-law into the sitting room as he hears light steps coming from the stairs followed by her voice. “Baby who is it?” She inquires as she makes her way down the stairs. Before Jaejoong can say something he’s cut off. “Mum.” Jessica breathes out standing near the door not being able to move. “Come sit with your mother.” Mrs Jung says as she pats the empty spot next to herself. Jessica freezes opening to say something but closes it when no words come out. “I’ll leave you to it.” Jaejoong excuses himself and is about to leave before Jessica grabs hold of his arm. ‘Please’ she mouths to him pleading for him to stay. Jaejoong doesn’t say anything but just smiles taking her hand in his as he leads her to one of the sofas sitting down with her. Mrs Jung disappointment is evident but she keeps quite. Just being glad to be in the same room as her daughter she loves so much. “How’s work, honey?” Mrs Jung inquires, even though she knows the answer. Jessica looks at her mother noticing the sincerity in her eyes which makes her heart ache. How could her mum be so sincere after what she did? Jessica’s mind begins to wonder. “Would you like some tea Aunty?” Jaejoong asks as he gets up from the sofa to make his way toward the kitchen. “Right tea.” Jessica stands up about to follow Jaejoong to the kitchen. “It’s fine. I’ll do it. Sit talk.” He says with a light smile leaving for the kitchen. With a hand against her chest she takes a deep breath facing her mother. “Works fine, mum. How are you?” She finally answers the earlier question continuing it with one of her own. Mrs Jung just smiles watching as her daughter sits back down. “I’ve felt better.” Jessica says being honest and her mother knows it. Mrs Jung just nods. “Your father misses you very much.” Jessica just sits there quietly listening to her mother but gives no response. “You have to stop blaming yourself Sooyeon honey. It wasn’t your fault.” Mrs Jung says genuinely to her daughter. It hurt her to think that her daughter blames herself for what happened. “It was an accident.” “But it wasn’t.” Jessica cut in rather loudly.

“The accident it’s my fault.” Mrs Jung can’t hold back the tears anymore. She can’t understand why Jessica’s being like this. Why is she constantly blaming herself for what happened. “I was sleep deprived.” She was heavily sleep deprived. “I shouldn’t have been driving that day.” Her mother said nothing just listening to her daughter’s words carefully. Tears began to roll down the younger woman’s cheeks. "I shouldn't have been driving. I-." Memories of that night came flooding back to her, memories she wanted so much to forget. Her mother could no longer sit by and watch. Mrs Jung stood from her seat walking over to Jessica in attempts of comforting her. "No." The young girl says pushing the older woman away. The feeling of guilt was overwhelming. "Please, just go." She begged. Wanting so much to just be alone. The young girl runs out of the room, locking herself up in her bedroom. Jaejoong returned from the kitchen holding a tray of tea in his hands. He found Mrs Jung sitting alone in the room with Jessica nowhere to be seen. "I'm sorry. She's just..." In truth Jaejoong didn't really know what to say. "I should go." The older woman said standing up from the sofa. "Take care of her and yourself." She said patting his shoulder as she made her way towards the main door. Jaejoong wasn't sure how long he had been sitting outside their bedroom. He had heard her sobbing for the first hour or so. He stood from his sitting position attempting to stretch. The ache in his back and the pain all round reminded him that he had most definitely been sitting there for quite a while. He hadn't heard any sound from the room for a while. He wonders if she had fallen asleep as he made his way toward the door. He was about to knock on the door when it swung open before him. She stood there looking really pale. Her eyed blood shot and her face puffy. The concern on his face was evidently clear. He was quick on his feet filling her in to a tight hug. He held her tighter when she didn't protest. He pulled away after a long moment holding her face in the palm of his hand. He placed a tender kiss on her forehead, he pulled away caressing her cheeks.

 

A/N: First of thank you to 'sohinki' for subscribing. Secondly I thought I'd do a double update. Do make comments on what you think so far, I would really like to read your comments. Thanks Nine_9