Chapter 12: November 27th 2012

Moving On

Chapter 12: November 27th 2012

Jessica lay there in the wreckage of the car. She could hear the sound of police sirens in the distance and a man shouting that help was on its way. But she didn’t care, all that she could think about was Krystal. The blonde turned her head to the side with great difficulty catching a glimpse of her baby sister. Jessica gasped as tears ran down her face. “Krystal.” Her words coming out in a whisper. The light was green, she remembered that the light was green and then a bright light came from the side. She didn’t have enough time to react and then here she was.

Krystal was jumping around in the car seat singing with the music with not a care in the world and not listening to her older sister’s scolding. Jessica was now regretting the little bit of alcohol she let her sister drink earlier. “Put your seat belt on.” Jessica scolded once again.

Jessica’s felt an aching pain in her heart. She wanted to believe so much that her sister, Krystal was still breathing while her heart told her otherwise. The last thing the young blonde remembered of that fateful night was the sound of sirens and the image of her sister that would now never leave her mind.