Chapter 13: December 2nd 2012

Moving On

Chapter 13: December 2nd 2012

Jaejoong had pondered for a long time of how he was going to break the news to Jessica. News that would change her life, news that he knew she wouldn’t be able to handle or accept. He heaved a sigh as he stepped into her room watching as her lifeless body lay on the bed. The cuts and bruises from the night of the accident still visible on her face.

“I’m sorry Mr. Kim but there is nothing more that we can do.” The doctor spoke in a calm manner. Jaejoong however wasn’t feeling calm he was far from it. This couldn’t be happening. This couldn’t be right. How? Why? It had been a week since that accident and the doctors had done everything that they possibly could, but it wasn’t working she wasn’t responding to anything. It didn’t matter how much money Jaejoong offered the hospital or how much he begged and pleaded with them it wouldn’t change that fact she was gone, that Krystal was gone.

Jaejoong knew that it must be hard on Mr. and Mrs. Jung having to see one daughter in a coma, lying there like a lifeless body while the other’s life was coming to an end.

His parents would come in everyday offering to sit with Jessica but Jaejoong insisted that he wanted to stay not wanting to leave her side. It had been an entire week since Jaejoong hadn’t left Jessica’s side at the hospital. After much convincing Jaejoong had agreed to go home for a little while to change and his parents had promised to call him if anything changed.

He finally returned to the hospital a couple of hours later after changing his clothes and showering. He entered her room which was filled with cards and flowers sent from her endless list of friends. He wasn’t expecting much as he found his mother sitting on the chair. “Where’s dad?” He inquired from his mother. Mrs. Kim turned to look at her son with a light smile on her face. Jaejoong just nodded his head. “You don’t have to stay mum, I know you don’t like hospitals.” Jaejoong said to his mother as he sat down on the empty seat. He pulled his chair closer to Jessica’s bed as he took her hand in his, pressing his lips against her hand gently. “Yes, I think I’ll go.” Mrs. Kim stood from her chair patting Jaejoong gently on the back as she made her way out of the room.

He sighed as he pressed his lips on her forehead holding her hand tightly in his hand. He stared at her flawless face for a long moment brushing the loose strands of hair to one side. Jaejoong felt her hand tighten its hold on his hand. His mouth opened in utter disbelief as he looked down at their hands. He couldn’t believe what his eyes where seeing. “Jessica,” He spoke, his heart racing. “Baby, Jessica.” Jaejoong ran out of the room in search of a nurse.

“Is she okay?” Jaejoong asked frantically racking his hand through his hair. The doctor turned to the rather pale looking man with a smile on his face. “Don’t look so worried,” The doctor said playfully. “It’s all good, once the anaesthesia wears off she’ll wake up.” Jaejoong sighed with relief. He was over the moon once the words of the doctor had finally sunk into his system. She was okay she was going to be okay.