Chapter 7: January 14th 2013

Moving On

Chapter 7: January 14th 2013

“You’re not real, you’re not real.” Jessica kept on repeating covering her ears with her hands trying to block out all sound around her. This was becoming a weekly thing for Jessica, a weekly thing she hopped to miss or did she? Jessica was a complete lost soul after the accident. Blaming herself for what happened to no end. There she was with her little sister happy in her beautiful red dress. The same red dress she wore the night she died. "Doesn't it look good on me?" She says like she always does twirling around with a playful smile on her face. Jessica stares in confusion at her sister’s playful act her heart beating faster than normal. She couldn’t think coherently anymore, her vision becoming blurry. If this was an illusion then why did it feel so real? Why was her mind playing such a cruel trick on her? A part of her was desperately trying to let go, move on. However there was a greater part of her that missed her sister dearly. Jessica missed her little sister’s playful antics, her beautiful smile, and her innocence. That explained the reason for Krystal’s weekly visits, wanting desperately to cling on to the memory of her sister. "Soojung-ah." She would always begin like that, attempting to say something but not quite being able to say it. Then with a blink of an eye she would be gone, Jung Soojung.