School

School

I walked into my first class. It was such a pain since it was all the way across the courtyard. From the gates the school was a bit big. But when you actually get past the gates, the school was much bigger. There were 3 buildings in total. The main building (where the academic classes and dorms were), the arts building, and the 3rd building which wasn’t in use I guess. My first class was biology. To my surprise, that Hyukjae was there. There was an empty seat next to him so I decided to sit there. It could make him annoyed. He didn’t notice me for a while, his eyes were too focused in some book. I sat there patiently until the teacher came in. He was an old scrawny man. Teacher Jung, the teacher, did a roll call. That’s when Hyukjae noticed me. He jumped a bit and lowered his head a bit.

“How long have you been here?” He asked in a whisper. I shrugged and felt him glare at me.

For the rest of class, I sat there with boredom. I learned that Hyukjae lied this morning, I wasn’t late. School started at 12 for some stupid reason. Maybe that’s why we have dorms, so the teacher can keep teaching when it gets late.

I had every class with Hyukjae, which I found hysterical. He was annoyed by how I sat next to him in every single class. By lunch, he was eating with some people so I joined him for the fun of it.

“Jesus…” He muttered. I smiled at everyone and they looked at me cautiously.

“Who are you and why are you sitting with us?” one guy asked me.

“Donghae and I don’t see a sign saying I can’t eat here.” I said with a cheeky smile. The guy nodded and Hyukjae glared at me. “What’s wrong Hyukkie?” I asked teasingly. He grabbed his tray and left.

“Yah… He gets annoyed pretty fast, just so you know…” The other guy said. “Oh I’m Shin Donghee but you can call me Shindong since our names are close.” He said to me. I nodded and watched as Hyukjae walked towards the elevators.

“So…what’s his story?” I asked as I stuffed my face with rice.

“His parents sent him here because they couldn’t have both of them at home. His sister, Sora, and him. They were trouble or something. Since Hyukjae was the easiest to get rid of, they sent him here. He doesn’t live in Seoul so he can’t really go back home.” Shindong explained to me. I nodded in understanding. I stuffed my face with more of this Korean food I couldn’t name, it was pretty delicious for school food. As I finished my food, I said goodbye to Shindong and ran to the elevators. I pressed the button and waited for a while

“Donghae!” A female voice yelled from behind me. I turned my head and saw Hyoyeon walking towards me. “Where are you going?” She asked as she stood next to me.

“Back to my room, to bother Hyukjae more.” I said with a grin. She nodded before opening to speak.

“You guys look like you’re close. I have a few classes with you. I don’t think you noticed…” She said shyly. I smiled at her and reached for her hand. She jumped at the sudden skin contact. I laughed at how shocked she was and she slapped my hand away. “Yah… That’s not funny.” She said as she gave me a playful glare.  The elevator dinged, signaling that it was here. I entered and looked at Hyoyeon who was still standing in the same spot.

“Getting in?” I asked. She shook her head and laughed.

“No I was just keeping you company. See you around!” She said as she waved and walked the other direction. She and I were probably going to be friends.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side Story

I was walking with Hyukjae down the hall. He was going to his room and I was going to mine.

“Oppa, who’s that new guy who has been following you all day?” I asked in a suspicious tone. He shook his head and laughed.

“Just the new kid, he’s my roommate too. Also I had to show him around I don’t think he was listening because every time I asked something, he would be staring at other things. That kid got issues too.” He muttered. I giggled at him.

“Aw… Future lovers?” I said and he slapped my arm lightly.

“Hwang Tiffany! Don’t think like that!” He laughed and I laughed with him. “How’s Taeyeon?” He suddenly asked. I stiffened a bit and let out an inaudible sigh.

“I think she’s doing fine. I’m not sure. I’m still waiting for her call…” I said as I let out a loud and longer sigh. He patted my back and tried to give me comfort.

“Everything will be alright.” He said in a comforting tone.

No it won’t.

“Yes it will!” He held my arms that were at my side. “Tiffany, she’ll call you.” He assured me.

We approached my dorm and I waved to him goodbye. I walked in and saw Yoona and Yuri watching some weird videos on the laptop. I sighed and collapsed on my bed.

“What’s wrong, Hun?” Yuri asked as she got up and sat on my bed.

“She hasn’t called yet, Fany. Sorry.” Yoona said, her eyes glued to the screen.

“Who hasn’t called?” Yuri asked while looking at me with curiosity.

“Her lover. Or ex-lover.” Yoona said and then she laughed from whatever the stupid video was. I waved at Yuri so she would get away. She understood the message and went back to Yoona. I laid on my side and stared out the window. To my shock, there was someone sitting on the roof. I opened my window and checked if it were a reflection or not. Nope, it was a real person. I stuck my head out the window and said ‘hey.’ He had earphones on so he probably couldn’t hear me. I fully stepped out on the window and stood right next to him. The breeze was so nice and calming. The sun was also hitting the horizon perfectly. I was awestruck.

“Whoa.” I said. The stranger jumped and turned around. “Oh sorry…” I whispered.

“It’s fine.” He smiled and gestured me to sit next to me on the edge. I nodded and sat next to him. I was usually scared of heights but I felt safe. Having my legs hanging off the roof felt exhilarating to me.

“I’m Tiffany…” I said as I stuck my hand out for him to shake it. He looked at me with shock and shook my hand.

“Donghae. Are you from America?” He asked. I nodded with a smile and turned my attention to the sunset. “It’s pretty, right? I use to do this back in America when I wanted to be by myself.” He said in English.

“Oh, was I disrupting? I can leave.” I replied back in English. He shook his head and looked at me. “The sunset it beautiful…” I whispered to myself.

“Just like you.” I jerked my head and looked at him from the sudden compliment.

“Thank you…” I could feel my face heating up.

“No need to blush… It’s not like I’m hitting on you. Sorry, I’m not into you.” He laughed. I playfully slapped his arm.

“Yah! You think I’m into you? Sorry I already have a lover!” I said as I moved uncomfortably.

“I was joking. Who’s your lover? Is it that Shindong?” He asked while laughing. I punched his arm and shook my head.

“No. She doesn’t go to school here.” I mumbled.

“She?” He asked in surprise. I nodded.

“Have you never seen a couple of the same gender?” I asked as I knitted my eyebrows. He shook his head and smile brightly.

“I’m not one that’s into girls.” He confessed. I looked at him with a mixture of shock and happiness. I never actually knew someone else that liked the same gender and could admit it so easily. Yoona and Yuri could be in love but I’m not sure. I sighed in relief.

“It’s good to know that I’m not the only one…” I admitted. “Actually, maybe Hyukjae Oppa likes guys but I don’t know.” I said as I shrugged.

“You know Hyukjae?” He asked with surprise. I nodded and pointed at the window behind us. “Yeah, that’s where I’m staying…” He said as he looked back at the sunset.

“Good luck living with him. He may be a bit rough if he doesn’t like you.” I warned him as I got up and walked towards my window.

“Don’t worry, I’ll make it so that he’ll like me so much that he will hate me.” He said with a smile. I smiled back and went through the window. I laid back on my bed and smiled for no reason.

“Yah… Where did you go?” Yoona asked while being distracted.

“Nowhere.” I said and closed my eyes. “I’m sleeping, don’t disrupt me.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Omg i reached the goal of getting 100 views! *Happy* Thank chu for reading~~ I'm probably going to update very often since i made the stroy ahead of time. Be prepared! Stuff will happen! (Sorry if it's kinda slow...)