School

School

The smoke was smothering me. In the corner Taeyeon was screaming. The fire was blocking the door and everything else.

“Tiffany! What do we do?!” She screamed.

“We need to get out!” I screamed back. I ran to her and held her tight while covering my mouth with my shirt. “The window!” I yelled. She turned her head and stared at it.

“But it’s blocked! The fire!” She screamed back. Without hesitation, I grabbed her hand and ran. She screamed my name but I didn’t stop. Before I reached it, the window exploded and I jumped out. Taeyeon and I were still hand in hand as we jumped out. She let out a shriek as we fell. I tried to grasp something as I closed my eyes tightly. Screaming filled my ears, not just from Taeyeon, but from everyone else who was on the ground. Suddenly, the screaming stopped. It was silent. No more screaming, no more crackling noises from the fire, nothing. I slowly opened up one eye.

“Tiffany… Where are we?” I heard Taeyeon ask. I looked around at the room once more.

“The magic library?” I said as I fully opened my eyes and exhaled deeply. I didn’t realize how long I was holding my breath for, but it felt like forever.

“Holding your breath too?” Taeyeon asked. I let out a chuckle and rubbed my temples. “Did you do that?” She asked. I groaned in response and held my head tightly.

“No, but I have a major headache. I might’ve done it but I’m not sure.” I replied as I stood up and leaned on the big pile of books next to me. Taeyeon stood up slowly and looked in awe at the place.

“What is this place?” She asked in amazement.

“I told you already…” I said to her.

“I know but… whoa.”

“There’s magical books here. Like, you can find spells and such here. Or any other magical studies.” I explained. She kept agape and studied the area once more.

“Do you think I could find out what my specialty is? So far its disasters… The window cracking and that fire. It was all me…” She said as she sat on the edge of the table. I moved over to her and pulled her into my arms. A tear streamed down her face as I kissed her cheek. “How bad am I, Fany? Will it get worse? Were you like this before you knew your power?” She asked as she wiped her tears.

“You’re not bad. You just can’t control it. I don’t know if you will get worse and my powers aren’t like yours.”

“Do you think you can help me?”

Donghae’s POV

“Do you think they’re still in the building?”

“I heard Tiffany started it.”

“Really? She must be evil or something since when bad things happen, she’s always there.”

These stupid rumors were spreading like crazy. From what Hyukjae told me, he overheard their thoughts and learned that Tiffany’s girlfriend or something caused all of that chaos.

‘Donghae, come meet me in the library.’

Sorry there’s a fire right no.

‘No, in the third building.’

I’m busy.

‘No you’re not.’

I groaned in frustration. How the do I think I like him? The library wasn’t that far from where I was, but it was far enough. I didn’t move a muscle and felt a vibration against my leg. I pulled my phone out and was pissed off at the message.

Hyukjae: Now

“Hey, what you up to?” I heard a voice said. I looked up and saw Hyoyeon walking towards me with a grin on her face.

“How can you smile from all this crap that’s happening?” I asked. She shrugged and stared at the ground.

“Maybe because I know the truth. That Tiffany-“

“That Tiffany isn’t behind this? That this is all an accident caused by a terrified teenaged girl who is confused and doesn’t know what to do?” I interrupted her. She looked at me and stared blankly.

“Yeah…” She whispered. I nodded and turned towards the third building. “Where are you going?” I heard her yell. I waved at her and started running.

 

I broke through the door and looked around. Tiffany, Hyukjae, and a stranger were all standing in the center of the room. Hyukjae looked at me with a dumbfounded expression.

“Dude, the door was unlocked. You didn’t have to kick it down.” He said as I walked over to them and gave Tiffany a hug.

“Haven’t seen you in a while baby girl.” I said as I patted her back. She smiled and nodded while looking around.

“This is Taeyeon. My… girlfriend.” She said as she gestured her hands toward the other girl. I nodded at her and she bowed her head a bit.

“Why did you want me here?” I asked as I looked over at Hyukjae. He looked around and grabbed my wrist. He dragged me towards the corner and dropped my hand.

“I missed you.” He whispered. I shook my head and looked around.

“Sure you did…” I muttered as I walked away from me. He grabbed my wrist once more and pulled me back to him. “What is it?” I asked in a harsh whisper.

“I really did miss you…”

“Last time we actually talked, you were mad. And you fell. What’s with the sudden ‘I miss you’ nonsense? We live in the same dorm.” He stayed silent for a moment.

“We don’t talk, though. We may live in the same dorm but we don’t say a word. You just walk pass me without saying anything. How can you just be silent like that?”

“What else is there to say? You’re right. I don’t like you, and you obviously don’t like me.” This time I walked away successfully. I walked right back to Tiffany and her girlfriend with a smile on my face.

“What’s wrong?” Tiffany asked. I shook my head and chuckled.

“It’s nothing. How did you get here?”

“We teleported.” Taeyeon finally spoke. I nodded in understanding and sighed.

“Do you know what your power is?” I asked the two of them. Tiffany tensed up and Taeyeon looked nervous.

“Well, uh, uhm, it’s…” Tiffany stammered. “I can time travel?”

“Why does it sound like a question?”

“Because I’m not sure…” I nodded and turned my attention to Taeyeon.

“So far I’ve created disasters… but other than that, I don’t know.” She said with a shrug. “How about you?” She asked me.

“Telekinesis. Or at least I’m trying to do that. I can currently lift a pencil in the air.” The two girls smiled at me and a crashing noise came from the other room. “Stay here!” I say to them as I run to the other room.

“What. The. Actual. ?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the long pause with updating! It's test season again (I can smell the tests questions from here...) I feel like i might go on a mini hiatus from writing... I am not so sure yet but there's a possiblity. Just a warning if it takes me 6 months to update (Don't worry, i wont be dead) Thank Chu for reading~~