School

School

Donghaes POV

I sat on my bed, looking at the paper work I had to do for class. Hyukjae laid in his bed, tossing and turning. I threw a pillow at him and he stopped moving.

Oh god did I just kill him?

He shook his head and the pillow hit me in the face.

“Telekinesis is no fun when you’re sleeping…” I said. I noticed what I had just said and face palmed.

“But sleep is fun. So shut up and do your work or something…” He muttered.

“Have you seen Tiffany?” I asked him, not lifting my sight to look at him. My eyes had to be glued to these papers and books for my tests tomorrow.

“No. Sleep. Now.” He said loudly.

“Fine…” I mumbled as I put my stuff on the ground and pulled my covers up to my chest. I stared out the window for a bit before I started to drift off. A figure sat on the roof, and she smiled at me.

Tiffany?

“Tiffany isn’t here! Shut up!” he yelled at me. I sighed and rolled over to look at him. A smile grew on my face for no reason and the lights suddenly . I sat up and looked at Hyukjae. He looked around with shock before turning his attention to me. “Yah… That isn’t funny. Turn the lights off.” He demanded.

“But-but I didn’t turn them on. I thought you did.” I muttered. The school bell rung and someone was on the speaker.

“Can we have the students from dorms 250 to 285 come down to the gym? Thank you.” I turned my attention to Hyukjae. He was already out of bed and pulling a shirt over his head. I stood up and followed him as we exited our room.

“We have a gym?” I asked stupidly. He hummed in response and we kept walking down the bright hall way. We went to the elevators, Yoona and Yuri joined us a couple seconds later. It was weird, Yoona was walking way ahead of Yuri than walking together.

“Oh, hi oppas…” Yoona said softly as she placed herself in the corner. Yuri pressed the L button and the elevator started to go down. We rode down in silence. There were screams on the other side of the doors. They weren’t the scared screams, they sounded like they were dying. I looked at Hyukjae and he stood there stiffly. The elevator stopped, the girls screamed, and Yoona fell to the ground.

“Are we going to die?” Yoona screamed. I helped pick her up.

“No, we’ll be fine.” I assured her.

No we won’t. You also heard those screams, Hae.

I looked back at Hyukjae and he was still staring at the doors, unmoving. The screams grew louder and became scarier. I pulled Yoona to my arms and held her as I backed up closer to the wall. Yoona was shaking in fear.

“Everything will be okay…” I said to Yoona as I shushed her. I turned my attention to Yuri who was standing in the corner and saying things to herself.

“Yoona…” She started to say. Yoona didn’t move to look at her. “Why won’t you look at me?” She asked quietly.

“It hurts to look at you…” Yoona whispered, it was probably inaudible to Yuri but I heard it. I looked up at the number to see what floor we were on. Floor 3. We were so close yet so far from where we needed to be. There was a faint crackling noise. It was coming from the doors. I held Yoona tighter and she squeezed my arms. Suddenly, Hyukjae fell on the floor. He was hunched over and covered his ears.

“Make it stop.” He cried. We all stared at him with shock and confusion. A crack was forming in the elevator doors. A light was peeking through. Yuri was hyperventilating, I could hear her.

“Yuri… It’ll be okay.” I whispered to her.

“No it’s not!” She screamed. The crack grew bigger and we all became silent. The crack was big enough to fit a hand through it. It kept growing until it became big enough for someone to fit. We all moved to the corners on the door side so we wouldn’t be as seen. I bit down on my tongue and looked at the Hyukjae who covered his ears and had blood on his hand. There was heavy breathing near us, I could just hear and feel it.

“Hello?” a soft whisper said. I looked around and everyone looked terrified.

Donghae, get off the elevator!

The voice, it wasn’t mine or Hyukjaes this time. It was a female voice.

Donghae! Get out! It’s not there yet! You have time to escape!

Hyoyeon?

Get out!

I inched towards the door and tried to look around. It seemed safe but I wasn’t sure. I was shocked from what I actually saw now that it was clear. Blood was everywhere. It was a bloodbath. It covered the walls, the floor, and the doors. I just wanted to vomit from the sight. I moved back to the corner and took a deep, but silent, breath.

You didn’t listen!

Her voice grew louder in my head.

“Donghae!” A voice screamed. I turned and saw Hyoyeon panting right in between the door. “Everyone, let’s go!” She said as she started to run. We all followed her. I stood in the back, making sure everyone ran in front of me. No one could trail behind, we could all be dead for. We all ran into a room, it was full of injured people. We continued walking until we came to the end of the room.

“What happened?” I asked.

“Something came here and it craved blood. Or so we think. We lost everyone on the first 2 floors, there will be a funeral for all 58 people next week.” The way she talked frightened me. She sounded so calm when something horrible happened.

“37?” Yoona asked with a sad tone. Hyoyeon nodded and Yuri fell to the ground with tears going down her face. I helped pick Yuri up and I set her to sit on the chair nearby. She covered her face with her hands and cried some more.

“Seohyun, Sooyoung, Sunny… Are they all gone?” Yoona asked. Hyoyeon sat down and nodded slowly. Something on her stuck out to me. Her shirt was wet and red.

“Hyo…” I started to say. “Your shirt…” I said. She lifted her shirt up and showed us the long gash that was across her stomach. Yoona hid her face in my chest as I stared at the cut.

“What happened?” Hyukjae asked quietly.

“It sliced my stomach as I got away. I was lucky Tiffany was there.” She said. I tensed up as she said Tiffany.

“Tiffany? She was there? Is she okay?” I asked. Hyoyeon shrugged.

“Tiffany just pulled me away from the scene and that was the last time I saw her.” She lowered her head and I felt as if all my feelings escaped my body. I looked around the room for a window or something. Luckily, there was a window behind two girls with head injuries. I went towards them, I couldn’t help but stare a bit.

“It’s not that bad… Sica unnie is going to fix it for me…” She said. She looked a lot younger than me. It made me feel horrible that this child is badly hurt.

“Are you sure? Do you need anything?” I asked sadly. She shook her head and I went towards the window. My jaw dropped as I saw a trail of blood leading towards the forest. Someone was the, I could see it was human all right.

“She’s strong.” I jumped and nearly screamed from the voice that suddenly came up behind me. I turned my head and a familiar lady stood there. “How are you liking the school?” She asked as she took a seat on the floor.

“It’s terrifying…” I said as I slowly sat down next to her. She smiled and shrugged.

“You get used to the scariness.” She said nicely.

“I’ve been here for a couple days and I already want to leave.” I muttered. She giggled at me.

“I’m Jessica by the way. We sort of met on the first day of school.”

“You seemed ier then…”

“I’m only nice and caring now. You’ll never see me this way except on full moons.” I froze when she said that. I looked at her confusingly. “Werewolves… There’s 11 of them. There was once 12 but one of them died not that long ago so now it’s 11. They’re just like us, though. When they’re human they have powers like the rest of us. They’re pretty elite for some kids.” She chuckled and looked around, she pointed at one guy and I looked at him.

“He’s a werewolf but he can control himself. His power is healing so he’s helping us until everyone is fine. No one can blame their actions… Their brains grow smaller so they don’t know what they’re doing…” She explained. I nodded in understanding. One thing stuck out to me, though. That random kid who died.

“How did that one guy die?” I managed to ask. She sat silent and still for a moment.

“He fell in love with Yuri.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: UGH! I said i was going to post more chapters as a present, BUT I CANT. I'm being limited to time. I hope i CAN be able to post more the next day! (Whenever that comes...) but thank chu for reading~~