School

School

I woke up in a new bed, in a new room, with the view of the dead grass that was outside of my window. I squinted as the sunlight hit the mirror and reflected back to my eyes. It was my first day as a sophomore in high school. I had just moved to Korea from California not that long ago. My parents thought I caused too much trouble back in America so they sent me here by myself. They already had an apartment for me which was weird, it probably meant that they’ve been waiting for this day for quite some time. My phone vibrated next to my arm. I answered it without checking who was calling.

“What?” I said into the phone. It was rude, yes, but too bad for whoever was on the other side.

{This is Lee Donghae, am I correct?} The husky voice said through the phone.

“Yes, what’s it to you?” I asked rudely. I wasn’t usually rude… okay I was, but it’s not my fault…

{I’m Lee Hyukjae. I’m supposed to show you around school ground until you get a hang of everything.}

“Mmhm… And?”

{Well…uhm… you’re not here. You’re late.} I looked at the clock and the time said 10:56.

“…” I muttered as I hung up the phone and put my uniform on. I grabbed my phone and school bag, which was packed with many things, then rushed out the door. I couldn’t believe I was going to be late for the first day of school. I continued muttering curse words as I reached the bus that was there right when I needed it. I smiled as I took my seat and stared out the window. If my parents found out that I’m already slacking off, I was screwed. I silently chuckled to myself as the bus came to a stop and opened the doors to the front gate of the school. I got off quietly and stared at the school in awe. It was like a mini mansion. A school for the rich kids, I already like it. I slowly made my way up the pathway and into the main lobby of the school. There was so many y looking people here. Mom always said to not judge a book by its cover, but damn these people really look stuck up. I ran my fingers through my orange hair and looked around for this Hyukjae. A group of girls passed by me and they looked really y and sassy. I shook my head and looked harder. From the corner of my eye, I saw someone walking towards me. I turned my head and the kid gave me a small bow.

“I’m Lee Hyukjae, I’ll be helping you for a bit.” He said with a big smile. I puffed out some air and nodded. I was already not liking this kid and he probably didn’t like me. He started to walk and I followed like an obedient puppy. He showed me all of the classes and such. There was so much to the school, it was more like a college than school. There were even dorms.

“Since you’re new, the administrators told me that you’d have to stay in my room.” He said as he broke me away from my long and deep thoughts about nothing.

“Really? Why can’t I just stay home?” I muttered as I continued looking at every room.

“I can’t really answer that. But let’s just say it’s for safety crap.” He muttered back. I smiled at myself from that comment. It sounded like something I’d say. “Why are you smiling like that? It’s weird…” He mumbled. I looked at him and noticed that he was looking back at me.

“Am I not allowed to smile?” I asked sarcastically.

“Its school, what’s there to smile about?” I was really liking this kid already. I chuckled quietly to myself and we continued walking until we reached the cafeteria. “This is where we eat, as you can see. There are also tables in the court yard if you want to eat there. Most people eat in here to avoid the older kids.” He said as he turned to me and smiled stupidly. I started disliking this guy again. Man, I’m just so bipolar today. “There’s a variety of foods you can eat so help yourself. They also serve breakfast and dinner but everyone prefers eating out. I recommend you get some friends. Unless you wanna hang out with me all the time. I can already tell I don’t like you, sorry.” I looked at him and raised my eyebrows. Was he reading my thoughts? I nodded and continued listening to his boring tour. I only got interested when he led me to the dorm hallways.

“There’s two hallways. One for boys and one for girls. There’s also an upstairs and downstairs, it has the same concept. But where our room is, that hall is special. Our neighbors are girls, it might be a fantasy for you. Having all of our neighbors be girls… Actually it’s a pain in the . They’re so sassy and y. Just like your first interpretation of the girls here.” He said as we walked towards the stairs that led to the top floor.

“How do you know what my interpretations were?” I asked while chuckling to myself once again.

“I’m psychic. Moving on…” He said as we walked down the hall. A girl was walking in our direction and stopped right in front of Hyukjae.

“Who’s your friend?” She asked in a flirtatious tone.

“He’s not my friend. Only my roommate.” He clarified.

“Ouch.” I said as I placed my hand on my chest. “That hurts, you know.” I said jokingly.

“I guess we’ll just talk later.” She said as she waved to me while walking away.

“That’s Jessica. She has a younger sister here, it’s like there’s two of them.” He shuddered and placed the key in the hole to unlock the door. The room was cozy I guess you can say. There were two small beds. One next to a wide window that gave a nice view of the forest, and the other bed was in the corner where it seems like no one would be able to see you. Judging from the height of the window to the ground, no one could see you anyways. The bed farther away from the window was messy and undone, it was probably Hyukjae’s bed. The other bed was left untouched and made cleanly. I threw my bag on the clean bed and sat on it.

“Well, I see you chose your bed already…” he said.

“Well it is the only clean one.” I said as I smiled stupidly. I looked around the room once more and stared back at him. He let out a long sigh and sat on his bed.

“There are rules I should go over. Hmm… where should I start?” He looked at the ceiling as if it were going to give him answers of some sort. “Rule one, always be back here by 10:30. Not a second late, you will be punished harshly.” He smiled evilly to himself then shook his head. “Rule two, sock on the door means-“

“I know what it means…” I interrupted him. He nodded and moved on.

“Rule three, we are not friends. Well not unless I determine if I like you or not. Right now, you’re on the border.”

“Oh okay I see how it is. Don’t befriend the new guy. Ah okay I got it.” I said sarcastically. He grinned a bit and shook his head.

“Rule four, there’s no ‘bros before hoes’ here.” I nearly jumped when he said ‘bros before hoes’ in English. I laughed and he shook his head again.

“Rule five, since you’re here, we have to have a chore assignments or something. I’ll clean the rooms and you can do the laundry. Or the other way around. Honestly I don’t care. Rule six, don’t invade my privacy. If I have to, I’ll put a curtain up between us. I think that’s the last rule. Any questions?” I smiled to myself when he finished talking. At least he was quiet now. I shook my head as response to his question. “Good, the administration’s office has your schedule and such. As you can see, there are drawers under your bed. Put your stuff in there.” He said as he stood up and walked towards the door.

“Hold up!” I yelled. He stopped and turned to face me. “You’re not even going to show me where the office is? Or where my classes will be?” I asked. He shook his head and I sighed loudly. I slowly opened my bag and filled my drawers with clothes and the other objects I randomly kept in there. Once I finished unpacking, I left the room and looked around.

How the did I get up here in the first place?

Listening would’ve helped me a lot. I kind of regret ignoring everything he was saying. 2 girls were walking past me and I ran up to them.

“Hey, can one of you ladies show me where the administrator’s office is?” I asked in a polite tone. One of the girls giggled and nodded.

“I can show you if you want.” The light brown haired girl said.

“That would be great.” I smiled and she waved the other girl off. She walked down the hall next to me.

“I’m Donghae by the way.” I said. She smiled and nodded her head.

“Hyoyeon. You’re new aren’t you?” She asked. I nodded and we walked in silence. We walked down a lot of stairs and she stopped when we got into the lobby of the school.

“Here you are, Donghae.” She smiled as she said my name. I thanked her and walked to the front desk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So this is my second story on here. Woah it feels weird haha. Thank chu for those who read and subscribed to the story! *chu~*

The picture isn't that great... sorry. My photoshop skills aren't that great The picture won't go up...