Breaking the Facade (Part One)

Almost World War III

Eunji tried to follow Chorong but she did not succeed. Sure, the Great Jung Eunji is a fast runner, but Hardcore Park Chorong is a faster one. And let's also add the fact that there are so many people surrounding on the amusement park who are like interspersed objects on a messy room. "I forgot that she's also good in running," she murmured softly to herself.

As Eunji looked around the environment that she's in, she felt like she shouldn't be there. Almost every face that she sees expresses happiness and excitement. She can't even see one who feels the same way as her, disappointed and sad... Until she looked to where the two boys are. Luhan and Sehun are still there, no happiness in their faces and they seemed to look like blaming each other. "Tch, these two can't really smile right now."

The girl, with her sharp and scary eyes, set her feet to go nearer to her target direction. Five steps away, she called the attention of the two males. "Luhan! Sehun!" The two looked at her with a hint of fear. She faced the two immedaitely.

"Luhan, what did you do?" Eunji asked directly to the point. The man in question tried to look at his bestfriend first, but the latter only glared at him, his eyes telling him to end the suffering of their small prank that turned into a big deal. "I am very sorry for that Eunji. Well, I thought she's just a random girl whom I can never meet again. I never thought she's your bestfriend that you've been talking about to me."

"I am sorry to tell you, but this world seemed to be a small one, Luhan. Now, what am I going to do? Today is our special day and you just ruined it!" Eunji admitted to the two, making them a bit more guilty.

"Is it my fault if she's such a warfreak, scandalous and too easy to get irritated girl? I..." Luhan started arguing with his cousin but he was cut off when Eunji stopped him with her palms raised against his figure. She's really irritated. She first let out a deep breath before she answered her cousin. "Don't you dare say that Luhan. I've been her bestfriend for years and you don't know anything. She is a manhater! I've been trying to change her for the past few years but you just worsened the situation, okay? Now, after what you and your bestfriend did to her, now, tell me? How can she even return back to a girl who can love a boy sincerely?" Luhan was left speechless. "I'm... so-sorry..." he stuttered.

"Now you know. You can't judge people and make fun of them because you wanted to. Not everyone is responsible to take care you." With that, Eunji looked at him sharply before she turned her gaze to Sehun, "I'll be going now. Sehun, talk to that brat." Sehun could only nod because of the guilt that he's feeling.

-----------------

"Bro, what are you going to do now?" Sehun asked Luhan as they both take a drink of their favorite frappes into a coffee shop. "You seemed to have damaged Eunji and Chorong's day in just one try, huh? And how fool am I to even laugh with your wrongdoing earlier? Tch." Luhan used to think of such statements as compliments. But now, he's feeling a bit guilty, but he doesn't know why. "I don't know, Sehun."

"You don't know why? Hmmm..." Sehun shifted his position from the comfortable seat as he placed his thumb and index finger into his chin, moving them consequently, like he's thinking of something. After some seconds, he exclaimed an "Aha!" that made Luhan a bit flustered because he's also in his deep thoughts. "What?" Luhan asked.

"You're guilty because you have hurt your cousin's feelings." Luhan looked at him. It took him some seconds to absorb Sehun's idea. When he heard it, he knew to himself that he's right. But he just can't figure out the right way to react to it. "I guess you're right."

He and Eunji are very close cousins. Both their mothers are very close too for they are close sisters. Luhan and Eunji are on the same age too and they grew with a close relationship eventhough the male really lives in China and Eunji is in South Korea. Well, thanks to the technology for they can chat with each other everytime they want and do a catch-up. Thanks to the visits of the Lu family to South Korea as well.

Since Luhan is the only child in the family, he treats Eunji as sister. Though there are times that he irritates her with his jokes and pranks, they still go along well. Meanwhile, she also thinks of him as his brother since she only has one older sister, Miyoung. Luhan's family often visits Eunji's but for the last five years, they failed to do that because of some matters, such as conflicting schedules and business trips. But this year, Luhan has decided to live in South Korea to spend his college years there. His parents did not come with him because of their business that's why he lives now with Eunji's family.

Meanwhile, Sehun lives on Eunji's neighborhood. Luhan met him during one of his visits to the said family. The two started to be friends when Luhan saw Sehun outside their house, struggling on playing his Rubik's cube. His face right at that time was priceless for Luhan because he finds Rubik's cube such an easy thing to fix. Well, good thing for him, he's such an expert in that cube toy. They instantly clicked within each other after that incident. And it went on until they grew up.

"I don't like hurting Eunji's feelings," Luhan finally admitted. Not because he knows that his Miyoung-noona will scold him, but because he really loves Eunji.

"Then apologize to her..." Sehun said. But he's not yeat finished. "And..."

"And..." Luhan wondered. But Sehun did not give him a hard time anymore. "Apologize to her bestfriend as well. Apologize to Chorong."

Apologizing is actually a hard thing for him to do, especially to girl. Luhan is a playboy. He used to be a very sweet and sincere guy. Someone who can have one girl at a time. He fell in love with a girl named Seohyun in China. Seohyun is actually an innocent, lovable and bubbly girl and Luhan loved her for that. She's a transferee in his school and they immediately clicked because Seohyun is a Korean and he missed South Korea that much way back then. The two became official after Luhan confessed. He gave her everything that can he give and he thought Seohyun is his forever. But no, for Seohyun accidently, fell in love with their fellow classmate, Gui Xian.

It's hard for him to see them. So painful. That's why he changed just to deal with the pain. He's not serious about girls anymore. He often goes into clubs and flirt with girls. He's open to flirting with the students as well. He plays with their feelings. He do pranks on them. Seohyun even told him that she doesn't know him anymore when she tried to talk to him. That's also when Luhan confronted her as well.

Flashback

"It used to be me, but now, why? What happened?" Luhan once asked her when he talked to her privately, the both of them sitting in the bench at a park. Seohyun answered him, "I did not choose to feel this way, Luhan. I did not. Because it is my heart who did. I did not mean to break your heart too. I did not mean to fall out of love. Believe me, I really loved you, but... I don't know. Gui Xian is a good boy, Luhan. You and I both know that. Whatever happened to me and him, it's accidental. I know, I know, you might be hating me and him but..."

"But what?" Luhan said angrily. "But what do you want me to do? Act like I am a stone who doesn't feel anything? Seohyun! I am not a stone! I am a boy who loved you. I don't know until when. I don't think I will ever stop..."

"Don't say that. You're too young to say that. One day, you'll find someone who deserves you more than I do." Seohyun said calmly, convincing Luhan to change his mindset. "I am not the only girl in the world."

Luhan looked at him in disbelief. "How did you get so confident to say such words? You used to tell me you love me everyday, but now..." Luhan said, frustration overpowering him. He could only run his fingers through his hair.

"I don't know. But Luhan, I cannot fool myself. What do you want me to do, huh? Be with you and pretend that I still love you when the truth is I do not anymore? Do you want me to kill myself inside? Luhan, this is for the both of us. Please, please accept that I am not meant for you," Seohyun expressed, "please let me be happy."

Luhan stared at her. He can't believe that the beautiful lady in front of him is not his anymore. She's also staring at him too, with the pleading in her eyes expressing that he should let her go. Luhan can't utter any word anymore to make her come back to him.

"Then, please be happy with him, Seohyun." Luhan said as he turned his back against Seohyun and walk away, letting a tear escape from his eyes to express his sadness for a broken heart.

 

 

 

Though good thing, Luhan did not let his studies fall down with him as well. He graduated with honors in his secondary year. He wanted to have a new life that's why he decided to transfer in South Korea.

"How can I do that when I don't even know what girls like? Sehun, look. after Seohyun broke my heart, it is them, the girls, who always throw themselves into me. I never go after girls, you know that," Luhan said sincerely. "Flirting is a two-way process. I just go on with what they want." Sehun only flashed him a serious look. "Sometimes, there has to be someone who has to make a change with the way your life flows through, Luhan. Remember that. Maybe. Just maybe. This incident might be the instrument that can make you change. We both know that you like playing with different girls' hearts and feelings. Now, it is the time for you to be serious about a girl for once in a while. Imagine, you just victimized an innocent manhater?" Sehun said, with the last part in disbelief, making his bestfriend so stressed.

-----------------------

"Chorong. I'm outside your room now. Can we talk?" Eunji said loudly, but in a calm manner, as she knocked into Chorong's room.

Eunji, after her arguments with the two, immediately went to Chorong's home. She's very guilty about it though she knows that she has no fault in the incident. But how can she not feel guilty when it is her cousin and his bestfriend who has caused Chorong to walk out? "Chorong, please answer me."

Five seconds of silence has already passed when Eunji heard a soft voice. "Go in." With that, Eunji followed her instruction. She calmly rotated the movable knob and made her way towards the room that she wants to go in. As she entered the room, she saw Chorong sitting on her bed, sadness still evident on her face. The former chose to sit down beside her and nudge her a bit causing Chorong to wince a bit in surprise, expressing some kind of exaggeration. "What?"

"Are you okay?" Chorong nodded as an answer her qustion, still refusing to look at Eunji. She's blankly staring into the window, admiring the beauty of the sky. Eunji observed her and studied the Chorong that she's seeing right now. "We both know you're not. So tell me, what's the main problem?"

"I was embarassed by him. I hate it. I hate it." Chorong is now being in the verge of crying. Eunji knew this would come. What she can only do right at the moment is to hug her and tell her that she will be fine. "Shhhh... Don't worry about it. I'll take care of this case for you. Just please..." Eunji hugged her bestfriend tighter as Chorong's cries became stronger, "just please don't cry. It hurts for me to see you like this."

 

-----------

 

Second chapter here. Please tell me if it's becoming too confusing or something. Anyway, thank you for subscribing to my story. I appreciate the comments as well. :D God Bless us.

 

By the way, it might take me some time to update again because of school works. It's very stressful. But I can do this, right? :) Haaaay.