Temporary Separation (Part One)

Almost World War III

It's been a year. It's been a year since he left her to study abroad.

The two tried to spend each day left for him in South Korea with the best way that they can do. That actually helped them, especially Chorong – the overpowered one, to cope up with the situation that God has given them. She just tried to keep in mind that this is His way to make her relationship with Luhan stronger. It may be hard at first, but then, she knows that it will soon be lighter for her heart with the help of everyone around them.

Before Luhan flew to Singapore too, the couple celebrated their anniversary. They went outside and then did something that they have not done yet before, like going to the Namsan Tower and throwing a key away to leave a padlock of forever there. And as a gift, Chorong gave his beloved a framed artwork showing a beautifully sketched couple looking at the view of the Han River in a beautiful night, but only their backs are shown on it. What made the artwork more special was the fact that the couple were obviously stargazing, with the girl's head leaning on the guy's shoulder as the two of them point out stars in the sky. Stargazing is one of the couple's favorite hobbies. Meanwhile, Luhan bought two lockets for him and Chorong with their photos inside it. Good thing that Luhan chose good photos to use for the locket because if he failed to do that, surely, his girlfriend would beat him.

He also gave her one of the two twin deer plushies so that she could talk to it whenever she likes. The male took the pink-colored one while Chorong got the blue-colored one. He even joked to her, "if ever I'd do something bad in Singapore, you can punch Lulu (the name of blue-colored one). But if ever you're the one who did something bad here, I'd definitely pinch Rongrong (the pink-colored one) hardly and lock her to somewhere that I cannot see her."

Chorong could only punch him on his shoulders playfully for that. "It's okay to pinch her. But why are you going to lock her?"

"Because I cannot hurt you any further than pinching. I don't want to and I would never want to. I can get angry at you but still, I cannot stand having that feeling for you for a long time. I may be cold too but then, I can never do that for long, whatever bad thing you do."

That's enough to make her smile.

For Luhan's afternoon flight, he requested to be not joined by anyone because he's still going to come back anyway. Chorong cried and cried the night before because time flew so fast but then, she has to be strong. As she woke up, she saw a bouquet of roses on the side of her bed and as she saw it, she immediately reached for her phone and tried to call him but he's not answering it anymore. She went down the stairs after and saw her Mom who's busy preparing herself to go the the office. "Mom----"

"Good morning baby. The breakfast is already cooked," her Mom said while checking the papers that she has to bring to the office.

"But Mom, Luhan... By any chance, did you see him? Or Dad?"

Mrs. Park shifted her eyes on her daughter again and stood up from her seat to stand up and move in front of her. Her hands reached for her daughter's shoulders whose on the verge of crying, as if comforting her even before she tells what she knows. Mrs. Park took a deep breath first before she finally spoke up, "dear. Luhan dropped by almost two hours ago. He said that you're hard to wake up that's why he did not bother to wake you up at all. I actually insisted him to wake you up and told him that I can do it for him but he did not persist at all. So, his flight is at 1:00 in the afternoon?"

Then Mrs. Park hugged her daughter, Chorong's as her precious tears started to fall. Her Mom knows how much she loves Luhan and it's quite painful for her to see Chorong like that. But thanks to her motherly comfort, her lovely daughter soon stopped crying. And as she got calmed down, her parents left to go to work. But before that, there's one incident that happened:

"Chorong, why don't you eat breakfast?"

Yes. Chorong doesn't want to eat breakfast eventhough what they have for that morning are her favorites, sunny-side up egg, bacon, rice, a glass of milk and apple. Well, who can eat in that situation? She's filled with sadness. "Mom, I am not hungry."

"No, you should eat."

"Mom---"

Then Mrs. Park pushed her on the dining table to eat and got her utensils, "You should, because Luhan prepared that for you before he left."

Chorong's mouth was left hanging and without another word uttered, she ate her breakfast.

-------------

As soon as Luhan landed to Singapore, he immediately contacted her as he reached the house of his another aunt but this time, on his father's side. And of course, one can expect "Chorong crying moments" on Skype while the two are videocalling for the first time. Good thing Eunji is also there at the Park's residence at that time. Luhan found it cute whenever his girlfriend seeks for his presence. He found it cute that she's crying in front of the screen simply because she misses him. He keeps on smiling at the videocall while comforting her. He misses her so much. He wants to hug her but they are kilometers away from each other and they could only depend on technology as of now. He keeps on showing a cheery expression, making Chorong cover her face with her hands in embarassment. "You should be thankful that this time, I cannot pinch your cheeks hard. But don't you worry," then he looked for the pink-colored deer plushie and showed it to her on the screen, "I can pinch her because she represents you."

Chorong pouted as she tried to wipe the tears away, "I miss you so much."

"I miss you too. But be stronger, okay?"

"I'll always do."

Eunji then interrupted as she entered the scene, "hey there dearest cousin, how are you there?"

"I'm fine Eunji. The house that I'm in is actually nice and... I have seen my handsome cousin here. His name in Korean is Kibum, you want to meet him?"

"Really? Next time. Next time! So, how's the university?"

"I'm about to settle everything tomorrow actually. Let me rest, please," he said, joking on the second sentence.

"As you see Luhan, I'm the one whose asking you the things that your girlfriend should ask but yeah," Eunji shifted her eyes to the puffy-eyed Chorong, "she's busy acting like a drama queen so I'm the one doing her job for you. You two should be thankful to me. Do you know that?"

Luhan laughed on the other side with Eunji's statement. Chorong could only smack her best friend playfully for saying those things. "Please tell my baby not to cry anymore. Two days will pass like two weeks."

Eunji let out a small laugh as she looked at Chorong, "you heard him?"

Chorong nodded as she looked at the camera again, unlike for the past few minutes that she has been looking down, wiping the tears away while Eunji's speaking to her cousin. "By the way, Luhan, Sehun wanted to say hi to you."

"We'll talk later, tell him that."

And then the conversation went on and on.

The cycle repeated for so many days. There are also times that the two would quarrel for petty things like..

"Why were you not on time?"

"Why you did not go online? I waited for you!"

There's also one incident wherein Chorong was not able to tell her parents that she'll come home late because of an activity and she got scolded afterwards. But the torture did not end on that because her Mom reported it to him that's why a week after, he welcomed her on their videochat with: "Your Mom said that you came home late! Why?" And so the explanation happened again.

But eventhough they fight, they would immediately make up because of the help of their family. Days passed and Chorong started to feel lighter and quite used to missing Luhan. Some boys that she had newly met also tried to make a move on her but because of her guards that Luhan had talked to beforehand, she felt protected from those boys.

The two also tried to do couple things eventhough they're not together physically, just like watching the same movie on theatre on the same day and time and they would post pictures about in online as well. Singapore, actually, is not a very far country and Chorong once asked him on one of their oh-so-many videocalls, "why can't you come here even for a day or two only on your vacation?"

Luhan laughed at her suggestion, "I want to enjoy Singapore. And once I come back there, I'll make sure that you have really missed me to the fullest." Her brows creased because of her answer. "You're torturing me, you know that?"

"I know. But I love you."

"I hate you!"

"Really? After you kissed me in the rain and..."

"What did you say?"

"I'm just stating facts."

"Fine. I love you too. Happy?"

"That's what I love about you. You cannot resist me!" he said proudly on the other line.

"I hate you!" But still, she failed to resist him. "Han, by the way, we have a lesson in one subject that I cannot get. I tried to asked for Naeun's help. Good thing she understood it."

"What lesson?"

And of course, that kind of topics cannot be eliminated from the couple's conversation.

------

 

Part one. Huhu. GUUUUUUUUUUUUUYS, have you seen Luhan's solo on The Lost Concert? He's so hot, gosh. :( I cannot even...

I also love the Sehun-Donghae updates on IG. /flips universe.

Two more chapters left, I guess? :)

So, what can you say about my latest update? Well. It's not that long but I'll continue it as soon as I got the perfect mood. I actually enjoy reading your comments, to be honest. ^____________^ Thanks for the support guys. And please do comment again about your feelings about this update. Hehe. I'll appreciate it. :D

God Bless us.