Promise

Almost World War III

It's now her fifth time to roll on the bed. She can't sleep. She's a bit frustrated because a while ago, she's very sleepy. But now, she feels so anxious. She doesn't know why, maybe because she feels like she lost a chance on something.

Flashback:

"Chorong, we're already here," the girl heard a gentle musculine voice said that to her in the midst of her slumber. She opened her eyes and soon realized that she had been resting her head on his shoulder for a while. She looked up to him and saw his smile towards her. Chorong straightened up her posture and spoke up, embarassment all over her, "Le...Let's go." Luhan stood up and waited for her to do the same so that she can go down first.

--------------

"Do you want a baby girl or a baby boy?" the male asked as they walked on the neighborhood. Chorong was taken aback by his question, a blush crept up on her face. "Why are you asking me about that?"

"For the Sociology requirement, of course," Luhan defended. Chorong's shocked expression immediately turned into a better one. She blamed her brain for not working properly and thinking of other things."I want a baby boy. Don't you think a male child is a very good first child?"

"I also love the idea," he told to her, his hand now on his pockets for he's feeling a bit cold. "So, what do you want to name the child?"

"Hey, don't depend everything on me! You are the father of our son!" her voice involuntarily raised a bit. But soon she realized that what she did is quite embarassing. Luhan looked at her with a startled face. Chorong only avoided his gaze and continued, "I mean... The egg. You are the father. So, you should also take part on the decision as well."

"Ah, yeah. I like the name Daehyun."

She kept quiet for a bit, analyzing her feelings about the name. "Me too..."

"So, we're fixed about this requirement? Let's just design the egg next time. Is it okay with you?" he asked. The girl nodded to let him see that she has nothing to argue with his words. The two continued to talk about school matters until they have reached her home. Chorong got a bit sad because that means that they will separate now. She wanted to talk to him more eventhough it's quite embarassing for her to suddenly transform into a "kind" person to him.

"I... have to go now. Thank you for coming with me," Luhan gave her a sincere smile. Chorong felt her knees getting a bit jelly because of this. She could only smile a bit in return. It took her several seconds before she was able to reply a simple "okay." She stood up on the gate. She wanted to offer him to go inside but her brain was stopping her to do so. But Luhan gave her the second chance to do it. He turned back. She got a bit surprised. But as Luhan faced her again, he just stared at her and... stuttered. "Chorong..."

"Yes?"

"Ah..." he scratched his head. "Nothing. I'll be going."

He left for real. Chorong wanted to hurt herself because she wanted to say something more but she got scared to do it.

---------------

"Aish. What am I going to do with you?" Chorong gave up. She yelled in a room like she's some kind of a crazy girl. She yelled in her room like Luhan is there to answer her own question. She rolled once again. Since it's now getting late, well, it's now midnight. She prepared her earphones and cellphone and played ballad songs, hoping that the combination of those will send her to the Dream Land.

---------------

The next day, Chorong woke up with a sound of a male voice waking her up. She stirred but still, she did not mind. She thought that the one waking her up is her father. "Appa, no classes today. I'll just sleep."

"But we have somewhere to go to,"

Chorong suddenly opened her eyes. It's not her father. Even she's a bit afraid, she faced the one who invaded her room. She opened her eyes to see Luhan sitting on her bed, looking at her with his excited aura. Chorong suddenly got up of her bed and asked him, "what are you doing here? How did you get here?"

"I told your parents that I am your friend. They let me in," he answered straightly. But of course, that is not true. What he told to her parents is that he is their daughter's boyfriend. Chorong's parents knew about what happened to her and Kris that's why they got a bit shocked to know that Chorong has a boyfriend already. They even questioned Luhan at first but after knowing that he is Eunji's cousin, they managed to calm down.

"Chorong, me and your father have to go," the girl's mother said as they checked the two on the room. Chorong was about to ask why did they let Luhan inside the room but... "Luhan, take care of her. She has to be home before 11:00 in the evening," her father said. Chorong widened her eyes. She stood up. Her parents kissed her cheeks and left. She was unable to ask what has just happened.

"How did...." Luhan only smiled at her as he roamed around her the room that is painted with baby blue. "Why is your room painted with this one?" he asked as he pointed out the wall. "White is your favorite, right? Chorong suddenly asked herself, "how did he know my favorite color?" but she still chose not to answer him, though. She just watched him as he walked around and observed her sanctuary. "Why do you have plastic sunflowers here in your vase? I thought you like roses?" he questioned. "How did you know?" she asked. The male gave out a small chuckle. "I am a good guesser."

"I don't believe you," she firmly said. Luhan answered an simple "okay" to her, making her pissed off. However, she still managed to ask, "so, what is your real reason for going here?"

"I just wanted to go somewhere with you. Amusement park, maybe?"

"You want me to go the place where we first met? No no," she said, with her hands showing her rejection to his offer. Luhan pulled her off to the bed for she sat there again after her parents left, "we will go there whether you like it or not, so Miss, get up now. We have to get there early so we can experience all the rides!"

"Aish. Yes. Yes. Can you please just let go of me?" Chorong said as she tried resisting Luhan's strength. He let her go. The girl rushed to the bathroom to prepare herself.

-------------

"Let's ride there!" Luhan pointed out to her the ferris wheel. "He never loses energy," she thought.

"You really wanted to try them all, huh?" she asked him. He only smiled at her and pulled her hand tightly as they reached the ferris wheel. "You can go there without me," she retorted. But the male did not allow her. "But it is too high, I don't like being in too much heights," she protested. Luhan stopped on his tracks and faced her with a big smile on his face, "don't worry! I won't leave you. I promise."

She doesn't know why but as those words escaped his mouth, she suddenly felt protected. Without any word uttered, she let him pull her to where he wants them to go to.

They have rode all the rides before 3:00 in the afternoon came and Chorong realized too, his excitement is very unbeatable. Her dark aura has no match against him.

-----------------------

The two went to different places. After the amusement park adventure, they went to a China Town somewhere in Seoul since Chorong suggested it after she heard Luhan's stories about the place where he used to live in. There are times when their arms suddenly brush with each other but she did not mind though. She likes the feeling and at that time, she let her heart control her. She have thought too that maybe, following her bestfriend's advice is not bad after all.

And now, they went somewhere that Chorong got surprised of, and that is the Han River. She never knew that the boy that she is with right now loves going to the river too. After finding comfortable positions, Luhan initiated the conversation.

"This is where I go whenever I want to have a peace of mind," he said, his arms resting on his folded lower body. Chorong let out a small nod, "me too. That's why... Actually, I am a bit surprised that you brought me here."

"I love watching the sunset here too," Chorong suddenly looked at him and smiled widely, "you too? I never thought that we have such similarities."

"Then I guess I am very good in planning," he said. "I have no doubt with that. I know that there are times that we are not in good terms but I will not disagree with your self-proclaim. But really, Luhan, thank you for this day. I don't why you suddenly dragged me to the amusement park but I enjoyed this day." she admitted sincerely.

"This is a treat," he answered. Chorong met his eyes, letting him know his confusion. "Your birthday has passed already, right?"

"How did you know?" she asked. She tried analyzing the situation. Her birthday is not mentioned on Facebook and no one can post on her wall as well. But her jumbled thoughts suddenly disappear when Luhan answered her, "I actually borrowed Eunji's old autograph and I have seen your birthday. I just want to give you a special day because I have failed to greet you a happy birthday. So, belated happy birthday Chorong," she laughed a little after hearing him admit it. She answered him a sincere "thank you" and let him squeeze her hand.

Out of the blue, she asked, "why do have to borrow her autograph?"

"Like what I have told on the first day of class, I want to know more about you. But it seems like you are not letting me," he said, his eyes then became filled with sadness. Chorong bit her bottom lip, sadness and guilt filling her heart. "I am very sorry about that," this time, she reached for his hand that are playing his another hand. Luhan got shocked by the sudden sign of affection but he did not mind it at all. She let her do it. "I just want to know everything, Chorong. Can't you trust me?"

"I am trying to, Believe me, I am trying to. Eunji always give it a try to convince me but I am hardheaded." she let out a sigh. He did not respond. He continued listening to her. "Luhan. Do you remember the day we met? The day to played a trick on me?" the girl asked the doe-eyed male who nodded in response. "I still hate myself at that time because I loved a boy who did not take me seriously, his name is..."

"Kris... His name is Kris" Chorong gave Luhan a look, asking him how did he know. "I told you, I have Eunji's autograph."

"I remember now. I have written his name there before. Yes, he's Kris and his girlfriend is... I think you must have known her too..."

"I know. Jung Jessica."

"And you really knew her! How did you know? You are such a stalker!"

"Every man who's interested with a girl will try to know everything about her, Chorong,"

She did not answer back. She's quite having a hunch now of how will their conversation go. Now, she has no choice but to tell Luhan everything. But, eventhough she's not comfortable with the idea, she's ready to do it because she feels safe with him.

"Kris is my first love. I thought there's something about us. Well, I'm a fool that time. He's my first love and I don't know anything about the real world of people who do get hurt by love. I thought there will be no problem for me on finding the person who's meant for me because I am a smart girl. My grades... They're high. But yeah, what I use in academics is my brain. And what you should use in love is your heart and brain. I was a fool to only use my heart. My fault was letting the butterflies on my stomach overpower me," she told him. Liquid then started to form in her eyes.

Luhan noticed that she's about to cry with the tone of her voice that's why he offered her his handkerchief, which she wholeheartedly accepted. "You can lean on my shoulder too," he said. The lady followed him, her head resting on his shoulder. His right arm encircled around her, comforting the sorrowful Chorong.

"He made a bet with his friends to make me fall inlove with him, Luhan. And the day that I have known about it, I was with him. I was confronted by his girlfriend while we're together. And do you know the worse thing about it...? We're at a public place at that time... I got so embarassed..." she  said as she continued to cry with his comfort.

"I am sorry for treating you so bad because of this, for dragging you into this. I am very sorry..." she said in her sobs. Luhan hugged her tightly, and this time, with his two arms give her warmth. He whispered to her, "don't worry about me. I was once brokenhearted like you too and now, I am fine. I'll help you until you fully recover from the pain."

She cried and cried until she has no more to say. Luhan left for a while to buy a water for her and after he returned back, she's a bit better than her situation a while ago. She looked at the view in front of her eyes, "I was not able to appreciate the sunset today," she said softly while looking at the dark sky. The moon shining above and the stars twinkling above. "But the sky is so beautiful. These things are priceless."

"We do have many more sunsets to see and appreciate. You don't have to worry about it," he told her. "But yeah, the sky is so beautiful. Don't you like stargazing too?" he continued. "I actually do. Sometimes, whenever I can't sleep, I look at the stars in the sky. They remind me that every night is not a time for lonely hearts to cry."

"Good point. So, Chorong. So, how are you feeling how?" he asked.

"I am better now. Thank you so much, Luhan. I appreciate you. I won't forget this day," she answered sincerely.

Suddenly, she remembered her planner on her bag and thought of getting it on her bag. Luhan sensed her action and looked at her as she found her planner. "I have something to show you," Chorong said.

"Okay," he uttered softly, waiting for her. Chorong searched for it until she found the folded paper and showed it to Luhan. "What's this?" he's about to open it but the girl stopped him. "Wait, I have to tell you something first." Luhan nodded as he watched her readied herself for the story.

"You're right. March 3 is my birthday. And at that day this year, me and Eunji went here to see the sunset together. Eunji thought that sunset can make me feel better since I am sad that day. Then while she's talking to me, I saw a note somewhere here," Chorong looked for the exact place and once she found it, she pointed it out to Luhan, who suddenly became a bit curious, because he's quite having an assumption about the paper that she's talking about. That's why without a permission from her, he opened the note and found his own handwriting.

Her eyes followed his movement and saw his quite shocked expression. "You're surprised because now you have seen my corny side?" she asked, a small laugh on her face.

"No, no," he answered back. "Chorong, do you know who wrote this?"

"No. But if I'll be meeting him or her soon. I'll be thankful to that person, because the note answered my prayers. It let me know that God is always with me and He does not want me to suffer forever. I know He does not like seeing me like this. And me neither, I don't want myself to be burdened and trapped in the past," she said.

"One day, you'll be meeting him soon," Luhan gave her a sincere look in the eyes.

"How did you know that he's a boy?"

"Instincts," he said firmly.

"You instincts are strong, huh?" she joked. He laughed with her.

Luhan is happy to know that she's already okay. He wants her to know too that he's the one who helped her indirectly but he thought that it's not yet the right time. "You're going to know it Chorong, I promise," he said in his mind. He wants her to know that all this time, he's the one who had opened up her heart for other people.

The two ended the day together. At 10:00 in the evening, Luhan was able to send Chorong home. As they reached the gate, she gave Luhan a sincere embrace, "Luhan, thank you so much for this. I swear. I'll be a better person," she said, arms tightened around him. Luhan smiled as he heard those words and as he tightened his arms around her. "Promise?"

She let him go, missing his warmth. She saw his little finger waiting for her and she gladly accepted his offer. "Promise," she stated firmly as the two made a pinky promise to each other. The girl felt blood rising through her cheeks, but she still managed to ask Luhan, "Do you want to go inside?"

Luhan refused, "it's getting late..." he said. Chorong got a bit sad.

"... Can I ask you a question?" Luhan asked, making the girl a bit puzzled but still, she said yes.

She got surprised when Luhan held her hands again. It has been the nth time that he did that and still, it did not fail to make her go crazy. She waited for his question, "can... Can you give me... A chance?"

She saw the sincerety in his eyes. "I am... not yet ready... for a relationship, Luhan..." she stuttered. Luhan formed a sad face, as if expecting for the answer. But she tightened his hold, "but I know you can help me... I am very sure," she continued, smile forming on her face. That's what Luhan only needed to assume himself that he has a chance on her.

 

---------------------

 

Yay. Update. What can you say guys? Hehe. Sorry for the typos but yeah. I'll edit them later. Thank you so much for subscribing and commenting. Very appreciated. :)

Woah, I never thought I could reach to so 3000+ words and 13000+ characters for this update. Because... Well, lately, my mind has been blank and drained, writer's block, I guess? But thanks to Apink's music video. I love them. :) Oh well, SNSD's Mr. Mr. promotion has ended, I guess I can concentrate on them now.

Please do comment on your thoughts so I can answer and resolve them with the best that I can give.

Hoho.

God Bless us!