Breaking the Facade (Part Two)

Almost World War III

"Chorong, you look so beautiful today," a boy with beautiful but sharp features told the lady who's currently fixing her things on her locker. It's now their break and as usual, the studious Park Chorong is getting her things for her next subject. "Thank you Kris," she replied shyly, carefully fixing and guiding some of her hairstrands behind her ears.

It has been six months since the two of them got close to each other. Chorong is very happy for she thinks there's the love between her and Kris. It's her first time to feel this. Whenever she's telling Eunji about her school crush, her smile will always get up to her ears. Her laughs and smiles are uncontrollable as well. Too bad, Eunji studies at another school that's why she can't see Kris personally, thus, only on Facebook.

No confirmation from both sides, but she thinks she's inlove with the guy. Kris always sends her home. He treats her like she's so fragile. She couldn't ask for more. She feels like she's the happiest girl in the world for she thinks she has already found the man for her.

"Let's go home together later?" The tall male asked her. Chorong thought of something for a while, checking if she still has some errands to fix in relation to his offer. "Oh sure. But can we go to the bookstore first? I think the book that I've been talking to you for quite some time is already available. Don't you find it exciting?" she asked excitedly. Kris gave a small nod and touched her hand, "okay then. Let's see each other again later," then he went away with a smile plastered on his face, leaving the girl speechless – butterflies flying around her stomach.

Neither did she know that her happy days are now going to end.

-----------

The two went to the book store together but Chorong noticed that Kris seemed to be uncomfortable, so not like the usual Kris he is. He kept on looking around and he kept on fidgeting. He's also checking his phone constantly. That's when she tried to ask the one who has her heart while they are having a stroll on the mall, "Kris, is everything okay? You don't look okay for me. Is there anything bothering you?"

She asked him sincerely but the male only gave her a half-assuring smile and said, "Ye... Yes, of course..." Kris stuttered. He is not yet finished with his sentence until someone tapped Chorong from behind... A bit harshly.

Chorong turned around as she felt the strong pressure. She did not expect to see Jessica, her classmate, today, with an angry face, "hey Jessica, what are you doing here?" she asked her softly, forgetting the harsh tap that she had experienced just now. The blonde girl only looked at Chorong in disbelief and then shifted her heavy gaze to Kris, telling him in the eyes that there's something that he is hiding. Jessica folded her arms and tapped her right foot before she spoke, "so you must be enjoying the show, huh?" She looked at Chorong sharply.

Chorong got confused. Her eyebrows creased together, clueless of what the other girl is saying, "I don't know what you're saying..." she's unable to finish her sentence for she got interrupted by the blonde girl.

"Kris, haven't you told her the truth? I am getting impatient here." As Jessica said that, Chorong turned around to Kris, giving him a pleading look to please tell her what's happening. "Kris, what is she saying?"

The tall male breathed heavily as she looked at Jessica, "do you really have to bring this here, Jessica? I told you I am going to fix this by myself!"

"Because I am your girlfriend and I don't want you going out with her!" Jessica finally shouted. At this point, people started looking at them. Chorong is getting a bit fearful of the situation. She felt like she's the antagonist of a story that is supposed to hers. She felt like she's the antagonist in a story where she's supposed to be the protagonist. She felt bad for Jessica – when the truth is she's really the victim, thus making her felt worse. Pain attacked her heart but the pain only formed anger. She looked at Kris and gave him a killer look, "She's your girlfriend? Since when?"

The tall male scratched his head and let out a frustrated sigh. "I'm finding the right time to tell you this Chorong... But I'm... Sorry. We''ve been together for... A year. Tao, Lay and I had a bet to make you fall inlove with me and I agreed with them. Well... At first I'm having fun but later on, I became..." he stopped. He then looked at his angry original girlfriend, "I became not so happy with my decision of agreeing with the bet aymore when Jessica found out about it and..." Chorong did not let him finish. She slapped him hard, not caring anymore if they're making a scene, "so everything..." she said as tears escaped from her eyes.

"Yes, it's all an act but..." Chorong cut him off again, "you did not love me? Everything is one-sided? You don't even give a damn about my books?" Kris nodded in guilt. She can't believe that's happening. The girl didn't know what to do. She wanted to escape from the huge embarassment but she also felt otherwise. She wanted to kill him. She can't believe what's happening. She wanted to hurt Kris. But how can she do that? She loves him. That's why Chorong only slapped him again and left, tears streaming down her face, leaving the couple bickering in the scene.

--------

Chorong did not go to school for several days. She has also decided to transfer to another school so that she can forget the pain. Good thing she has her bestfriend Eunji and her sister, Miyoung, to guide her all throughout the way. Kris is her first love and she can't believe that it would happen to her. She felt like a fool in believing that happy endings exist.

"I can't understand why do I have to experience this. I'm so good in Math, English, History, name it! I can learn them all. I can beat anyone.." she stuttered. Eunji only watched her and waited for her to speak up again, "but why the hell I am so weak in this?" she said, her finger pointing towards her chest. Eunji could only hug her. The latter let her shirt get wet by her bestfriend's cries. Chorong continued crying, "I hate men. I hate them. I hate embarassment." She cried and cried, letting it all out. "I hate my life."

"Don't tell that Chorong, one day, you'll going to find someone who will love you. Please don't change. Please," Eunji pleaded. But she knows her request won't happen, for Chorong did not answer her.

----------------------

"Wow, what a brave a boy!"

"You too look good together!"

"Please forgive him already!"

Chorong heard many voices in the room. She knows that those people are talking to her, asking her to forgive the boy who's in front of the class, looking at her directly. Her head is lowered, refusing to look to the people around her at the moment. After seconds, she has finally decided to look up, only to find Luhan staring at her, lips pursed and waiting for her response. His eyes seemed so sincere but she just can't forget the pain in her heart. It has been years but she felt like the scene in the mall happened just a couple of days ago.

"Ms. Park, so... What can you say?" her professor asked her.

Chorong doesn't want the issue to eat her up and make her a socially awkward girl. She doesn't want it to affect her studies, that why eventhough she's not yet sure, she finally answered her professor, "Well... I have to say that..." she stopped to look for the right words to say, "we have yet to talk about it privately, Ma'am."

"But I guess I am forgiving him." Luhan smiled in victory as he heard Chorong's words. "Finally. Progress, here comes me," he thought by himself.

 

-----------------

After sitting for some hours, the class finally ended. Chorong quickly fixed her things. avoiding someone. She's now out of the room and ready to hurry up to go somewhere far away, but the reflexes of the one she's avoiding seemed to be so fast. "Chorong!" he called her. She doesn't want to turn back and look at him because she's feeling awkward about what happened earlier but since her classmates are still there and she wants to have a good image on them, she went back to him and responded formally, "what do you need?"

"I just want to go home with you," she suddenly remembered the old times, when Kris wanted to send her home. Her heart started to break again into million pieces. "No," she aswered firmly, "so can I go now?"

Luhan got a bit surprised by her and went closer, "I just wanted to talk to you to fix things out. We're blockmates and we both know that it'll help the both of us if we'll be fine with each other."

"Luhan, isn't it enough that I have forgiven you already? Let's just be civil with each other. Don't worry, I'll tell Eunji that we're already okay," she said coldly to him without even thinking for another second.

"Can't we be friends?" Luhan asked her. He inched closer and he's about to touch her. But she backed away, "no.... No." This time, Chorong turned back because she felt that her tears are now going to fall with the pain that suddenly came back to her heart.

"Do you hate me that much? After what I did to you to the amusement park?" Luhan asked as he tried to hold her hand that is shaking, "look... I am willing to apologize. I am sorry for being so selfish," he said, making Chorong look at him – this time, a bit puzzled.

"I know you hate guys, I know, That's why I am saying sorry for my actions. It's so selfish and arrogant," Chorong backed away from his hold, "then it's making things worse..." she then continued... "you can't get close with me. That's final," Chorong said as she turned her body away from him and started to walk away, finally letting the tears roll down from her eyes. Luhan followed her. Good thing he's a fast runner.

Chorong went to the rooftop of the building and cried out loud. "I hate you Kris, why are you doing this to me?" she asked herself, stabbing her heart with her weakening right fist. She wanted to forget him but she doesn't know how. "Until when am I going to be haunted by your prank?" she shouted at the open air, letting the stress free.

Luhan only watched her from afar. He wanted to comfort her as a friend, but he can't. He can't move his feet. He wanted to tell her she will be okay, but he can't. He hid from the door and suddenly thought, "this not me." He watched her cry. He observed her. The way she cries, the way she stands, the ways she hides her face with her fidgeting hands, the way she moves.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And that's when he realized something – he's beginning to open up his heart for someone new. And he's willing to do everything just to make her happy again, inside and out – even if he pushes her away.

 

 

 

 

 

------------

 

 

Yaaaaaaaaaay, another update. So guys, what can you say? :D Thank you to my subscribers and please do comment.

 

Please also pray for my final exams. I hope I'll do fine. I guess I am having another sleepless night tonight. Haaaay.