Coincidence

Almost World War III

"Are you serious?" Sehun asked the boy who is currently resting with him after a one-on-one basketball game that they had finished just now. They missed playing the said sport with each other as their respective opponent. However, for the results, it is still Luhan who won, no surprise with that. The two rarely meet each other since the academic year had started and maybe because of that, Sehun became a late outdated with him because they seemed to be very serious with their own lives as students. The taller boy rolled his eyes on the other one as he waits for his answer.

"I can say so. Really," Luhan looked at him, his eyes full of honesty. Sehun did not doubt about it anyway. Afterall, he's the bestfriend. He's one person who knows Luhan so well. He has decided to not further interrogate him because whenever Luhan does something out-of-the-ordinary, it means he's very serious. Just like with Seohyun. He remembered the time when Luhan used to make surprises for Seohyun. In Sehun's mind, he wants to think that having Chorong in his life would make his bestfriend a better man. "Okay, then goodluck. So, what are your plans?" he asked him.

"I don't have anything in mind yet. I don't even know her birthday..." Luhan uttered unconsciously. Just when he let out those words, he began to slightly curse himself, "Oh wait..."

"What?" Sehun continued for him. "When is her birthday?" Luhan asked himself with a low tone. Sehun glared at his bestfriend in a why-are-you-asking-me way. As Luhan looked at him and saw his scary glare, he had thought of another idea, which is to ask another scary one, which happens to be Eunji. Who else?

------------------------

Luhan remembered that Eunji used to have autographs or slambooks when she was a little girl and he thought that maybe, Chorong had written some of her personal information about it. Well, Eunji only stopped having those just three or four years ago. Now, he have thought that he may want to find it to gain further details about Chorong. He also questioned himself why does he have to plan these kind of things when he can ask for more details to his cousin personally. Oh well, he haven't admitted to Eunji yet that he has feelings for Chorong. When he asks Eunji about Chorong, such as the girl's address and cellphone number, his reason is only about reconciling with the manhater,

Luhan nervously asked Eunji's unnie as he reached home whether Eunji still have the slambooks. "I don't know, but you can ask her," that's the answer that he got. That's why he had decided to enter Eunji's room while the girl is not yet home. As he entered the room and opened the lights, the neat room painted with fuchsia became visible in his eyes. He has thought that it'll be harder for him to find the ones that he need because Eunji knows where her things are placed. He searched on the table and it's not there. He also checked the cabinet and it's not there too. He's quite getting frustrated when he saw a box below the bed. He reached for it and began to search. As he landed his eyes on the box, he saw his cousin's old stuffs. Smile began to form in his lips as he hit eyes on the dusty but still useful slambooks, "yes!"

He looked for Chorong's entry until he found the familiar name that is written beautifully with a heavy black gel pen ink. "So this is it," He observed her writing and admired it. Her handwriting is clear and it suits her well. "March 3?" his eyebrows almost coinciding, "so, her birthday has already passed?"

He also remembered that day, March 3, is the day when he did something special... And that is to finally decide of letting himself free and forget Seohyun. Unbeknowst to him, his note has been the most important birthday gift that Chorong had received for her birthday.

He's still busy in his thoughts until he felt something was taken from his hand. And right there, he knew that there can only be one who will do that to him... And that is the one who owns the bedroom that he has entered illegally. "Eu... Eunji..." he stuttered. The girl began to look at him suspiciously before speaking as she brought her school bag down to her bed, "please mind telling me why you are here, dear cousin."

"Well, ummmpph..." he began to blame himself for being secretive towards her. At that point, Luhan felt like he had no choice but to admit that he has feelings for her bestfriend and he needs her help. But he still resisted the option. "I want to see my old handwriting, well, you used to have slambooks and... My professor..." he looks up, as if that would give him an idea of what to say, "says that looking at your old handwriting is cute," he said.

"Bad reasoning Xi Luhan," Eunji said after hearing his side, making Luhan scratch his head in failure. Eunji then began to look at the slambook. She saw that the page that is in turn to be seen is full of her bestfriend's handwriting. She looked at her cousin, then formed a devious smile. "Aha!" she exclaimed, "you want to look for her handwriting, huh?" Luhan nodded with a frustrated face.

"Well, Facebook is not enough and I don't think you'll share everything to me after what I have done to her so I thought of another way of gaining information about her..." he admitted as he sat on the edge of her comfortable bed. Eunji kicked her cousin's right foot, signalling him that he should get up now of her bed because it's hers and no one else's. The boy formed a sad face as he stood up. But that face soon turned into a smile as Eunji handed him that object that he had worked hard to find, "you can have it..." she said. "I know you like her, okay? I'm not dumb."

"Thank you..."

"But you should take care of this or else..." Luhan's doe eyes widened as Eunji warned him with her closed fist raised for him to see. "Yes, yes, I'll go now. You're so scary." Eunji pushed him out as she said, "I'm still scary after giving you the slambook? Do you want me to get it back?" to which Luhan rejected, holding the thing closer to him. giving her a big no for an answer.

"Then you should go now out of here. Don't even dare to get in without my permission again!"

"Yes, captain!" the male gave his cousin a salute before the she slammed the door, leaving him behind with a smile on his face.

As he reached his room and landed on his bed, Luhan let out a deep breathe for his mission. "This one is embarassing. Really," he concluded. He reached for the slambook that landed with him on the bed and looked for several details. "Favorite color, white. Favorite flowers, roses..." he read those details carefully as he glued his eyes on the object. As he finished the Favorite section, he began to look on the more personal details.

"What is love? Love is blind? Hahahahahaha," Luhan laughed out loud as he read her answer. He never know that the genius girl would give out such answers. "Who is your first love? Wu Yi Fan..." His laughing face transformed into an irritated one as he had read the guy's name, "who the hell is this Wu Yi Fan?"

He suddenly reached for his phone on his pocket and tried connecting online to begin his online stalking. He then typed the name and saw his profile, "English name... Kris. Tsss... In a relationship with Jung Jessica." Well, Jessica, for him, is a pretty girl as well. "But Chorong is prettier," he mumbled. Luhan, involuntarily, began to wonder what happened with Chorong and that Wu Yi Fan. He also thought, "is this Wu Yi Fan the reason why she became a manhater?"

----------------

Chorong updated her planner again before sleeping. "Oh no, Jooyeon's birthday party." Jooyeon is a close friend of her and Eunji way back in high school. They recently met and the soon-to-be-birthday-celebrant. But she's quite afraid because she knows that Jessica will be there. And that means too, that Kris will be there. She still doesn't know what to do. She wants to go but she also doesn't want to. She doesn't want to diappoint Jooyeon either. That's why she grabbed her phone and dialled Eunji's number. The latter gladly welcomed her call.

"Yes?"

"I suddenly remembered Jooyeon's birthday... I think Jessica will be there with Kris. I don't know what to do," she said, letting out a sigh.

"And what's the problem with that? Past is past. Chorong, move on. You know, just go back to the old you."

"It's not that easy, Eunji."

"I know. But you can only succeed only if you'll help yourself, okay? So what do you want to do?"

"I don't have any idea yet. Can I not go and just finish my plates?"

"No way. I'll be going so don't dare leave me alone... You'll go there. If you want, just bring a boyfriend..." Eunji paused. "Aha, you can have Luhan as your boyfriend. I don't think he would mind anyway."

Chorong got surprised with the idea that's why she suddenly reacted with the thought, "no way! I swear. No way!"

"Then think of another idea. Well, that is if you can still think of any. Hahahahaha," the girl on the other line laughed at her.

"That idea of yours is impossible, really. Luhan doesn't even know Jooyeon and vice versa," she said in as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

"Yes, it is. Jooyeon is a member of the cheering squad and Luhan is a member of the varsity," Chorong smacked her head a bit as the scene where Luhan asked her to congratulate him flashed in her mind. "You know now?" Eunji asked on the other line of the phone.

"Yes. I'll think about it. Goodnight!" the girl ended the call and lie down to her bed and thought, "why does the world keep on getting smaller and smaller for the both of us?" She wants to welcome the idea that maybe, they are meant-to-be, but she just can't do it wholeheartedly. She knows in her heart that she's still afraid to welcome another man in her life. If she's not a manhater, maybe, she's inlove now with Luhan or maybe, she has a deep crush on him now. but unfortunately, she is really a manhater. "Chorong, once is enough," she tried to convince herself as she sent herself into a sleep slumber.

 

 

-------------

 

 

Wew. Thank you to those who keep on supporting this story. Hehe. :D To the subscribers, upvoters. To those who posted comments. Thank you. :)) I do hope you'll continue supporting this inspite of those things that I still lack as a FF writer. Thanks guys. :D I'll update right away after my mind permits me to do so. Haha!