Something New

Almost World War III

Days passed the two seemed to be in good terms. Oh wait, not just in terms. Luhan and Chorong, they are two people who are in between friendship and real relationship. Finally, Chorong has learned to open up her heart for someone and she's glad that Luhan helped her to do that. Luhan, on the other hand, assured himself that he'll do everything just to have her officially in his life.

Luhan arrived at the room with a smile plastered in his face. Everyday is a good day for him, no matter how hard and no matter how harassing the schoolworks are, and so as the varsity practices. As he stepped up on the room, he wished all of his blockmates a good morning. Oh well, they are all used to that kind of Luhan — the happy and energetic him, but then, there is a different aura covering him, the aura of being inlove.

However, he got quite suprised. How come Chorong is not yet here?, he thought. Usually, the girl would arrive ten minutes earlier than him. But he tried to pry the thought away eventhough he's quite worrying now. He tried to review for his subjects while the other people in the room are doing the same. Silence overtook the room, but that didn't help him to have silence in his mind as well.

The professor arrived and as usual, the students did what they're supposed to do. Random but graded recitations, discussion and tada! One subject has passed by quickly. Good thing Luhan had managed to text Chorong, but the girl did not answer. He remembered his conversation with her last night. But there's nothing unusual last night. What could have happened? The same routine occurred until the whole class has finished. He started to worry, because he even tried to call her but she did not answer.

"Luhan, why is Chorong absent today?" one of their blockmates, Sora, asked him as they have finished the last class for the day. Luhan, whose currently fixing his things, gave her a shrug with his shoulders and showed her a worried face. "I don't know either. Why? Do you have anything to do with her?"

"Yeah. As you know... Group activity. I was just going to ask if I can do anything to help her. She's the leader," Sora answered. The worried male nodded in response as he learned why she was asking. "I'm visiting her today. Just leave the message to me,"

"Thank you so much Luhan. I have to go," Sora said as she turned her back against him and joined her friends as they went out of the classroom.

----------

He has the urge to try on calling her again. He looked for her name in his phone and press the 'call' button. At first, she did not answer but as he tried it again, finally, someone picked up. However, the voice is familiar, but the voice is not the same as the voice of the one he's longing to hear.

"Luhan, thanks for calling, this is her Mom," Luhan's eyes widened as he knew who it was. He suddenly became anxious. What if she's in the hospital right now? What if they had an accident and she's in a bad condition? Random negative thoughts popped into his mind. "Aun... Aunti, yes, this is Luhan, why were you the one who answered the phone?"

"Can you accompany Chorong for a while? We will have an emergency meeting in the office in a while and no one's here to take care of her," the older woman explained to him calmly. "But... Where are you? Auntie, why is she absent?" Luhan asked worriedly. But as he showed his worry, the older woman let out a small laugh. "Nah, don't worry much about her Luhan, it is very common for girls to have dysmennorhea that's why Chorong is absent today. You know, my daughter's dysmennorhea attack is just like mine way, way back. Too extreme, to the point wherein she vomits and she acts like a sick lady. She's trying to sleep now. I was about to call Eunji because I really need to hurry up but Thank God you called!" Chorong's Mom explained calmly to him. Luhan's nervousness started to go away. It's like torns were gotten out of his body. He thanked God for nothing serious happened to her. "Luhan? Are you still there?" Mrs. Park asked him.

"Neh. Don't worry. I'm on my way...," he said. "But, is there anything I need to buy?"

"Well... Chorong said that she ran out of pads. Can you buy that for her?"

His eyes widened. :Wh-what?"

"I'm just joking. I'll be the one to do it. Just after the emergency meeting."

"Oh, okay," he said. Those are the words that could only come out from his mouth. That's something new for him if the joke was real. He never did that for anyone. But for Chorong, he's sure that he can do that for her. "But Auntie, I can do it if she really needs it right now," he answered back with a bit of hesitation because of his gender.

"Are you sure about it?"

The male nodded as if Chorong's mom can hear her.

----------

He entered the drugstore and immediately looked around. Luhan swore in his pants right at that time that what he'll do there is embarassing. but of course, he'll do it for Chorong. To ease the tension in his heart, he bought medicine for her. It's an advantage that he watches television and he often sees commercials about dysmennorhea medicines. Then, he looked for the sanitary pads.

He felt quite ashamed because as he reached the section wherein different products lined up for costumers to see, there are also girls who were looking for good sanitary pads for them. He suddenly thought, what would these girls think about me? But he also told himself that there's no turning back. That's why he tried to be brave and got the one that he needed. The girls who were beside him got quite flabbergasted at first. Some even whispered to each other while looking at him as he walked away and immediately ran to the counter.

----------

"Auntie! I'm already here!" he said loudly as he knocked in front of the Park residence. Soon enough, a lady with a corporate attire came and welcomed him. The male gave her a small smile as she talked to him and lead him to her daughter's room. He landed his eyes on her, she looked so tired, a thin sheat of sweat covering her beautiful face.

"She must be tired right now, Luhan, I really really have to go. I know it's awkward for you but I know that I can entrust you with her. You're her boyfriend afterall," Luhan's serious face turned into a smiley one as he heard the word "boyfriend." They really believed me, haha, he told himself.

"Neh, I'll just call you if there's something that you need to know. Don't worry about her, Auntie," he assured the woman. He landed his heavy backpack on her studying chair and walked towards her bed. Chorong's mom kissed her head as she told her that she has to go now. Chorong, on the other hand, kept her eyes closed and nodded. As the door closed lightly, Luhan sat on the edge of her bed.

"How are you?" he questioned as he tried wiping away the sweat on her face. "Why is the airconditioner closed? Wait, I'll open it," he said as he was about to stand up but Chorong mouthed a soft "no" to him and tried to reach for his hand, causing him to go back to his first position. "Luhan... No. Please... It's too cold."

"Have you vomitted?" he asked her. The girl on the weak state nodded. "That's what I need to do to... Know that I'm going to be okay soon," she answered, her eyes still closed. However, she shifted position. From her back resting against the soft bed, she shifted on her right, facing his direction. Luhan gave her a big pillow for her to hug, which she gladly and at the same time, weakly accepted.

"I really hate periods, Han, I miss classes because of this," she complained. He loved the way she called him. Luhan looked at her as she tried to sleep. He observed her as she made her way to the Dream Land. The rhythm of her breathing is an amazing pattern for him. He watched her a bit tired face. No matter what he does, he always finds her beautiful. "Don't think about classes. Just rest and I'll tell you what you have missed today in school after you become okay."

She nodded. He moved out of her bed, leaving a cold atmposhere for Chorong. "Han, don't go," she said. Her eyes opened a bit, looking for him. He's just about to get a chair but instead, he postponed the plan and walked back towards the bed again. He leveled his body to be able to talk to her properly and held her hand that is longing for the warmth from his.' "I won't go," he reassured her.

---------

Just when he assured that Chorong had fallen asleep, he walked outside the room and went to the kitchen. He's not very much familiar with the house and he doesn't know where are the ingredients that he needed that's why he looked for Chorong's phone and searched for her Mom's number and asked her the things that he needed. Well, Luhan decided to make a porridge for her. Thought he's not that good in cooking, well, he can still cook even a bit. Not to mention, he's the cooking buddy of Eunji's mother that's why he's quite confident about his upcoming performance on Chorong's residence. Later on, as he finished, he prepared the porridge on the bowl and so as the side ingredients needed on a tray. He then proceeded up to her room and caught her slightly awake.

He kicked the door open carefully to get in fully on the room. The girl, whose condition seemed to be better looked at him. "Han," he called her. Luhan smiled at her as he placed the tray on her bed. Chorong looked at the tray as it was placed carefully on a table, "what's that?"

"I cooked for you a porridge," he said. He landed it carefully and slowly removed the covering of the bowl. He got the spoon and scooped a small amount of the hot food. Since it's newly cooked, there's still smoke present. Luhan blew it carefully. As he got contented...

"Aahhh...." he cooed to her like Chorong is a baby that needs to be taken care of. She pouted, "I am not hungry."

"But you need to eat," he instructed her. "Haaaaaan..." she tried to complain.

"No, eat. I told your Mom that I'll take care of you and she'll be coming an hour or two later," he defended. The girl had no choice but to eat. "The porridge is not bad at all. You're good in cooking," she complimented him after she drank the water in the glass handed by Luhan. "Neh, I'm a good cook.  Husband material, don't you think?" he joked at her.

Chorong looked down to avoid herself from being seen by him, her cheeks painted with a shade of red. He fed her until she finished the food. Luhan gave her the medicine that he bought too. "I'll just go downstairs to clean these," he showed her the tray. As he stood up, Chorong tried going out of the bed too, "I'll be going with you," she said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

------------

Later on, Chorong's parents came and looked for their daughter immediately. As they reached the silent room, the two were on the studying table for Luhan explained to her the things that she had missed today. The two seemed to not notice her presence since the door is quite open and it did not make any sound as she slightly entered. Her husband followed, "what are they doing?" he asked his wife.

"Nothing. I guess Chorong is okay now. They're on a studying session, Luhan is such a great guy for our daughter," she told him sincerely, her soft voice limited in volume for the two mght hear them. Mrs. Park then motioned her husband to go down so that they won't disturb them anymore.

----------

Luhan is still busy demonstrating Chorong their lesson in Trigonometry until he noticed the clock hanging safely on her clean wall, "hey, it's now 6:30 in the evening. How come your parents are still not here?" he asked her. The girl shrugged, "I don't know. But Han, thanks for taking care of me. I know Mom disturbed you for this..."

"Don't think that way!" he interrupted. "Anything for you, Chorong... But... Did you get the lesson?" But in his mind, he's quite happy for she do know know that he parents see him as their daughter's boyfriend.

She nodded, "of course. Luhan is such a good teacher," she said sincerely. Luhan raised his eyebrows playfully, as if asking if she's just having a sarcasm or not. "What? I'm not joking! But really, I don't know what you did to them because they're so nice to you but thank you."

"What? I did not do anything! Okay... By the way, before I forget. I... bought something for you," Luhan reached for his backpack and brought out a plastic. Chorong became curious, "what's inside?" she asked as she stole it away for Luhan. Her eyes widened as she let out a loud laugh, "you bought sanitary pads?"

The male stood up in embarassment, "Let's go down," he did not look at her. He felt so bad for himself because Chorong kept on laughing. But she's sensitive enough to know what he's feeling, so she stood up too and hugged him, "don't feel that way," she covered him, her hands placed on his nape tightly, not willing to let him go until he hugs her back. On the other hand, Luhan was taken aback, Chorong is hugging her and it's something new to him. He likes the warmth of her body as much as she likes his' and it took him second to finally respond. "You keep on laughing at me. Don't you know how much courage it took me to buy that? And it's not really my idea. Your mom told me that you need pads," he whined. Chorong let him go and pinched his both of cheeks, "you're so cute."

"I'm not. I'm handsome."

"Okay handsome, let's go downstairs," she agreed as she pulled him along with her to go down and check whether her parents have arrived home or not yet.

------------

 

Sorry if I took long to update. But, here is it. i can feel that the fic is ending soon. Haha! But thank you to the new subscribers and the two those who posted their comments too!

God Bless us. I have to sleep now. I have a serve later. :)