Another Chance

Almost World War III

Chorong nervously walked in the aisle while heading to the classroom. She knew this would happen. She knew this would happen that she'll indirectly reject Luhan because of her self-centeredness. As she reached the classroom, she tried to look calm but it seemed like luck did not let her do it so for her eyes locked gazes with his dark orbs who's sitting beside the chair where she's supposed to sit.

Chorong placed her bag on the chair and tried to avoid him. But Luhan was beyond persistent. "Chorong," he softly called her. Chorong just walked continuously until she got out of the room and Luhan just followed her. He called her again but this time, he reached for her arm, successfully making the girl stop on her tracks. She faced him, but then, unable to look in his sad eyes. "Luhan, please... Please give me space."

"But..."

"Luhan! I said leave me alone! Give me space? Can't you do that?" this time, she yelled at him. She's taken aback by what she did. She could tell that Luhan experienced the same too. He did not speak for awhile. "Luhan, I'm... Sorry. I did not mean to..."

Luhan grabbed both of her arms softly as he gained enough courage to speak despite of her strong rejection. "Is that what you really want?"

"Wait, no..."

"Chorong, all this time, do I mean nothing to you? You promised me that you'll try to me a better person, have you forgotten that?"

Bam! Chorong's heart wrecked. She's at the verge of crying and losing air to breathe. She felt to weak. Promise. Yes, she did a promise. She remembered that night that she entrusted him and told him that she'll try to change.

"I'm not giving up because you told me you'll be giving me a chance but I guess I'm...waiting for no one. Maybe I should accept now that you're not... Meant for me." Luhan let her go and turned around, his back facing her. He couldn't afford to look at her nor see her reaction. He has suffered enough. He started to go away. He had thought also of letting Chorong know that he's her "savior" for writing that "note" on the Han River but he have thought also that there's no point of telling her. Instead, he just fastened his steps and headed back to the room, where he's supposed to concentrate on his studies.

Chorong was left speechless and dumbfounded. What have you done, Chorong? She asked herself many times. She cried and went out to the restroom for a while.

 

-----------

 

"Chorong! What have yooooooooooou dooooooooone?" The girl buried her face into the pillows, as if those soft objects can answer her. She's now okay with Kris and Jessica but she can't be happy because she doesn't have Luhan with her. She rolled on the bed several times. She can't sleep and it's now a bad habit for she's experiencing it already for several days. She searched for her phone and stared at it, hoping for a miracle that it'll vibrate and show his name involuntarily. Tssss... As if he'll text you. Get a life, Chorong.

Tomorrow is Luhan's basketball game. She's thinking if she'll watch his game but there's a role conflict for her – stuck between being a student and a girl inlove. The game will start at 3:30 in the afternoon and the exam will be an hour and a half later. She's now done reviewing and she has to not deny it, she misses her studying sessions with him for it's easier to learn when you know that someone's willing to teach you when you can't understand something. Once again, she tried to close her eyes. Tomorrow is now or never for her. She can't let another day pass by after tomorrow without being in good terms with him. She'll try her best to fix her relationship with him. If ever she'll not make it into the game, then atleast visit him at home at try to do her mission.

 

-----------

"After you have surrendered your respective papers, you can now leave. So class, please pass the papers. Goodluck to all of you," the professor stated as she handed the papers from hold to the students in the aisle.

Chorong nervously took the test paper passed by Dara and examined it. Wow easier than I thought. She gave her full concentration on the test and tried to answer it as fast as she could so she could run to the gymnasium and watch him play. Good thing that the subject that she's taking in now is their last subject for the day already. Though she found some of the items quite difficult, she still managed to write answers to give justice for them. Then she double-checked her answers before she decided to leave.

Minutes passed by around five have already left. Chorong stood up slowly and went in front to surrender her paper and to follow them. The professor welcomed her as she received the girl's paper. She then returned to her seat and picked up her bag. Chorong, this is now or never. You should do it now. Not tomorrow or any other day, but now.

------------

"Time out!

Luhan and his team mates gathered while trying to wipe the sweat that covered their bodies, especially their faces for the last quarter. Some were drinking water to hydrate themselves after an exhausting quarter. The players formed a circle so that their coach could give them instructions to ace the game. They are also now getting pressured because they have to score more to beat their opponent. They have to win for the sake of their school. They have to win to show their coach that his time for them are worth it. Well, not only the coach's effort but so as the other students who are there to support them, especially the cheer leaders.

Luhan tried to look around his surroundings. He can see the support covering the gymnasium  Eunji, the students from their school and the support of the students from their opponent's team as well. He's thankful to them but he had knew to himself from the start that there's one person who can motivate him so much but she's not there. He knows about the exam, which he got excused to because of the game, that's why he's not hoping to see her anymore. The last quarter of the game is approaching and he has to concentrate and not think of her. She did not even bother to text me nor call me. She doesn't really care about me.

As the break ran out of time, the game began and the pressure hightened the situation, especially to the team teader, Chanyeol. Their goal is to atleast gain a score that is 3 points or above higher than their opponent's. They are now on the lead, but of course, they can't keep calm because they are only ahead of one point to the other team.

Soon enough, one of the members of the other team has successfully shot the ball and that hightened the situation more to Luhan's team. Luhan looked around his surroundings and saw that their schoolmates are now getting scared two. "Last three minutes." Last three minutes. Three minutes more. He roamed his dark orbs around once more and it stopped as it caught a girl who looked exhausted as she tried to get in front to see someone, competing against the pool of people inside the gymnasium. She stood there and began to look for someone until his eyes met hers for a couple of seconds but he had to look away to get back on the game.

On the least fifteen seconds of the game, Kai passed him the ball, thus, making the championship lie on his hands. Luhan nervously positioned himself and concentrate to shoot the ball. He shot a look to s who are telling him that he can do it... And to Chorong who gave her best to be there for him today in his game. She gave him a small nervous smile and raised her fist to encourage him. He went back to the ball and shoot it.

 

...

...

...

...

...

 

The crowd yelled because it's official... Luhan's team won and the the people cheered as the announcer confirmed it. The opponent team's members tried their best to be sport about it and congratulated the champion team. Kai and the other members approached him as they cheered out loud along with the students, thus, making Luhan distracted as he tried to find Chorong among the crowd but he couldn't see her anymore. He just decided to celebrate and immerse himself with the thought that they have succeeded today.

--------------------

"Luhan, we'll be having a celebration tonight. You're coming, right?"

"Ahuh."

"Okay, we'll wait for you outside."

Luhan fixed his things as he finished on propping himself up after such a tension-filled game between him and himself, his team mates and their opponents. He can't help but smile as he remembered her cheer for him and somehow, that gave him the hope that maybe, he has a value in her life. But then, he chose to not assume anything. He let out a sigh as he have thought, why is fate so cruel to him? Why can't he be totally happy? But then he thought at the other hand, everything happens for a reason. He doesn't know the exact reason why he and Chorong are not in good terms right now but he's willing to know why, even if it would hurt him a lot.

As usual, the celebration was filled with fun. Some even got drunk but Luhan fought the urge to drink something alcoholic because he has decided to visit her since the event has already ended at 9:00 in the evening. He went home first to fix himself better and to drop down his bag in his room. He walked towards her home, nervousness on his face. It seemed like every footstep for him was heavy. As he reached the frontgate of her home, he heard her yelling something to her mother, saying a sentence with "take a walk," "back," "soon."

By then, he knew that she'll come out. After a couple of seconds, the front gate moved and revealed a girl in a simple white shirt and blue shorts, looking down as she went out but as her eyes rolled upward, she got shocked. She too, has been dying to talk to him. She wanted to go back but she knew that this is the moment that she's waiting for. But she's too embarassed that she can't even look at his handsome and sincere face. Instead of answering back, she just swallowed nervously and tried to walk fast without turning her back against him.

"Chorong!" he called as he tried to match her fast movement.

"What are you doing here? You should go home."

"You were there to cheer me up and now that I'm here, you're pushing me away?! Tell me the truth, Chorong, what do you want? I'm so confused about you! About us! Well... That is... If there's any 'us' to talk about." His angry and confused to sad voice echoed through her ears, stopping her in her pace.

Luhan let out a sigh. "Can't you see it, Chorong? You're making this hard for me! I haven't given up totally on you and my hopes had gotten stronger too because you're there earlier to tell me that I can do it. And now, you're asking me why am I here? Do you really want me to go away?! I thought... thought we're meant to be because you made me feel that. Do you remember that note that you got? That's mine... My goodbye note for my ex-girlfriend. I thought that made sense for the both of us but why does it seem like I'm the one who took the note seriously?"

He went in front of her and held both of her arms. "Chorong, do you really want me to give up on you?"

She refused to look at him and not answer him. He asked her again but still, no response. He groaned in frustration as he finally give up. "So I guess this is it. I have my answers now."

He turned around, thinking that his efforts got wasted. Chorong's tears started to fall on both of her eyes, heart aching. She loves him but she felt like he's too much for her that she doesn't even deserve someone like him anymore. But you told yourself that you need to finish this now, Rong. She remembered what she told herself. She lifted her head up and ran towards him, stopping him by wrapping her arms around his waist, She cried out loud on his clothed back.

"Han, I'm... I'm sorry for being coward towards my feelings. I love you. I love you and I'm sorry if I was too dense, selfish or whatever you can call it. I'm afraid... No, I mean... I was afraid of loving someone until you came and made me feel that I can be happy again. I'm sorry..."

She flinched about as she heard a familiar striking sound that she hates. Thunder. Luhan felt her fear and turned back to show his concern despite his blank expression. Chorong looked at him with sadness all over her eyes, tears unidentifiable because of the heavy rain. She doesn't care anymore whether she'll get sick. Last time, he suffered for her and getting a fever won't hurt for her anymore.

"Han, I met Kris and Jessica to close everything."

His eyes remained focused on her and raised his eyebrows. "So what?"

"I did it... I did it because of you. You thought me how to be strong and how I can be happy despite of terrible past. And I am not afraid anymore to fall inlove especially when I know that someone's willing to catch me... Especially when I know that that someone is you. Look..." she presented herself to him, clothes drenched in the rain. "... I even faced my fear and hate for thunder and rain because of you! I did it because of you! Do you remember the last time I walked out because of Kris under the rain? You were with me and I left you. But now, I won't let you leave me here. You said that you're persistent, right? Chinese people are persistent in Math... But you're not only persistent in Math. You're persistent in everything. I... Just wanted to know... Does your everything include me?"

Luhan let out a laugh at her question. Chorong puffed her cheeks in frustration. "Xi Luhan! Don't laugh at me!"

Then she continued. "Luhan, I realized that I don't want another girl to get your note at the Han River, telling me that you have moved on from me. I don't want the day to come wherein you'll write that note containing my initials and tell that you are now fine without me. No. No... I cannot let that happen. Please give me another chance to do my promise. I'll be a better person for myself and for you. Please."

His blank face stood still and Chorong's now panicking. She punched his arm lightly. "Yah! What do you want? I'm standing here in the rain with you and I'm confessing! What do you want me to do to prove to you that I love you?"

"I don't have any idea in mind. Do you have anything there?"

Chorong swallowed again for she have thought of something to do but she's not that brave enough to execute it. But still she tried her best. She moved in closer and exerted effort to have her toes move upward to reach his level. She closed her eyes and reached for his lips, arms moving from both sides of his shoulders to his neck so that her fingers could intertwine from the back. As soon as her lips met his, she felt electricity across her body, making her hands cup his wet face. Luhan's eyes widened because she really did it but he responded anyway, kissing her back, smiling, his arms around her waist.

Sooner, she broke from the kiss and saw his smile. That's what Chorong only needed for her to know that everything's now getting better. Her nervousness started to get out of her system because of his happy aura that she missed to see. She longed for it for the past few weeks. He reached for her hand as he finally have spoken, "why do even need to ask if you're included in my everything when you alone is enough already to be called my everything?" he asked her, cupping her cheeks. Chorong bit her bottom lip as she looked at him.

The rain stopped falling, calming the surroundings. She reached for his hands on her cheeks and closed her eyes, teardrops falling onto her face again. This time, he initiated the skinship. He hugged her tightly. "I missed you so much. I'm sorry for..."

"No, it is me who needs to say sorry, Han. Sorry for hurting you, for arguing too much with you, for avoiding you, for pushing you away," she said as she buried her face into his chest and placed her arm around his waist. He responded and tightened her arms around her too, his face going deeper to the crook of her neck. He then whispered to her, "I love you so much." Chorong smiled onto his chest and wrapped her arms around his body more to respond back.

 

------------

 

Kyahay! Update! Happy happy happy! <3

So, what can you say guys? :DDDDDD Sorry for the typos if there are any. Huhu. So, few chapters left. But, do you guys remember the teaser? That will come soon. Huhu. But atleast, they're happy at this chapter.

#ChoHan. Lols.

God Bless us! :D

PS: Comments? Suggestions? Violent reactions? :)