Where Forever Starts

Almost World War III

Three years later...

 

"Have you talked to him?"

"Not yet. You?"

"Not yet too. That's why I am asking you."

"You're the girlfriend, not me."

"What's the connection? You're the cousin."

"So..."

"No but's, Eunji."

"Fine, I surrender!"

Eunji finally gave up with her bestfriend's simple tantrums about Luhan. Well, who would not be bothered? It has been almost a month and Luhan has not yet contacted her. Of course, she's worried. Who would not be? And she's more worried about the fact that he's not contacting his cousin too. "But my graduation is getting nearer, Eunji, I'm hoping he'll come for me. I tried to graduate with flying colors for him."

"And you did it! Congratulations!" Eunji said as she squeezed Chorong's hands, getting away a bit from her laptop screen. "Thank you, but... I wish he'll be there on my special day."

Eunji was about to speak up but she continued the drama, "he has contacted Auntie two days ago, I think. But she did not give me too much details. I just miss him. Why is he giving me a hard time?"

"I'm sure he'll try to find a way to contact you soon. So, when will be his graduation, if ever?" Eunji intrigued.

"I think it's two months from my grad. Woah, time flies so fast. I just can't believe that we've gone this far," Chorong sighed for a bit, getting anxious for the fact that soon enough, she'll be getting into the real world, the world that will give her endless pressures, yet, lasting happiness as well. "Finally! Graduation, here we come! And... It's been years too since we met. Luhan has changed my life, really. There are times wherein I just caught myself smiling because of him in the library, you know? But then, how can I smile right now, now that he's trying to make me worried like hell?" she complained, her tone with a mix of irritation and softness.

"Well, let's see about that," Eunji just flashed her a simple grin, making Chorong a bit estranged.

"You know what, I think there's something going on," she said. Her bestfriend creased her brows together, "I know what you're thinking. Nothing's going on. I'm just in the good mood, that's why I don't give nice answers today," Eunji flashed more a wider grin, "well, Kibum added me on Facebook."

"Really?"

"Yes!"

"I am so happy for you!" Chorong said cheerfully as she invaded Eunji's personal space, checking on her crush's profile.

----------------

Two days later, Chorong tried to check again his online availability and this time, he's online. She got excited, but after, battled with herself whether she will initiate a chat or not. However, her tough battle ended when a familiar sound popped out. A smile curved on her face as she saw his name on the screen.

Xi Luhan: Hey!

Park Chorong: Hi. How long did you try to not talk to me? :(

Xi Luhan: Aw, is my baby mad at me again?

Park Chorong: No.

Xi Luhan: By the way, I have something to tell. I know you will be a bit...

Park Chorong: Bit...?

Xi Luhan: Mad... But... Please understand. :( I've been busy for my requirements for the past few months and please understand me. :(

Park Chorong: Go straight to the point, Han.

Xi Luhan: I can't come on your grad. :(

Park Chorong: OKAY.

That's how their conversation ended. Chorong felt angry. He left her hanging for many days and now, he's telling this to her? How can he become so heartless? But she has thought too, he's doing it for us. I need to understand. She did not notice that a teardrop has already fallen rom her eyes. She felt like she has been hurting too much. She has started to wonder too, until when are they going to be like that? She softly cried, muffled sobs vibrating on the silent dark room.

-------------------

"He has already said it. He can't come on my graduation, Eunji," Chorong informed her bestfriend sadly, successfully stopping Eunji from her tracks while walking on the department store. The latter could only give a shocked reaction from what she has heard. "What the hell did you just say?"

"Oh, you want me to repeat it for you? Your cousin, Xi Luhan, can't come on his girlfriend's graduation, which happened to be your bestfriend, Park Chorong. How sad, right?" Chorong said, irritatingly, with sadness evident from her angelic face. She then continued, "I thought we're going to see each other sooner..."

"Well, I don't know what to say about it..."

Chorong faked a smile. "You don't have to give me an advice, I guess. You, being there to listen to my rants is already enough." She then diverted her sad gaze to the displayed dresses that her eyes caught on the store. "That one looks good, Eunji, I think that suits you," she pointed the black dress to Eunji, changing the atmosphere between the two of them. The other girl shifted her sight to where her bestfriend's eyes were. "Still having a good sense of fashion, despite of hurt, I guess?"

"I guess that's how Park Chorong deals stress. Way different from you, Stress Eating Girl!"

"So what?" Eunji laughed and then asked, "so, how are you and him?"

"What do you expect? I don't want to talk to him! He left me hanging for several days then he's going to tell me that I am waiting for no one on my graduation day. Of course Ji, I undertand that what he's doing is not only for himself, but for the both of us. But can't you see, I also studied hard and tried to graduate with flying colors not only because I want recognition. I did it for the both of us too. He's selfish. I... don't know what to do with him."

Eunji then patted the sad girl's shoulder after checking the said dress that she has pointed to her, "you know what? Try to calm down. Don't make decisions when you are mad or what. I don't think I can't take it if the two of you break up. I swear. The two of you? A match made in heaven, like... I swear. Ugh, I can't express. So frustrating. Just don't..." Eunji was not able to finish her words of frustration but that was enough to make Chorong smile, "I don't want to lose him like that. But I'd like to think we need space..."

"What space? You have space! He's in Singapore and you're here in South Korea!"

"What? You're such a joker. I mean, I want to be free from the stress of loving him, even just for a while."

"You can't do that. You cannot unlove anyone that fast."

"Then I guess I just need to calm down to process everything," Chorong then confirmed, resulting for the girl on her side to smile in relief. "Why don't we just eat?" Chorong suggested.

"My favorite part, let's go out of this department store now and eat! I'm so hungry after listening to your rants," Eunji said as she took Chorong's hand and walked fastly towards their favorite restaurant.

 

---------------

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months. Time flew that fast but still, no good communication between Chorong and Luhan. The girl believed that maybe, that's better. She has the right to be Luhan-free for some time because she still hates him for not being available on her special day. Luhan, on the other hand, tried to apologize but the girl chose to not respond to his messages eventhough her mind had the strong urge to resist the temptation.

"I can't believe you're already graduating tomorrow!" her Mom told her. "Everything's ready, how about the one who's graduating tomorrow?" she asked excitedly. But she was answered by a silent and absent-minded Chorong whose sitting by the bed, looking at the outside of her window, checking how beautiful the stars are in the sky.

"Chorong!"

The girl was flustered after gaining back her senses, "yes Mom?"

"Did you hear me?"

"Yes, I mean no, I mean yes, ah... No..."

"You're thinking about him?"

Chorong changed her position from her back facing her Mom to her full front facing her, "who?"

"Oh come on, baby girl. We both know who am I talking about."

"Fine, you win, Mom. Luhan..." she stopped on her words and looked at her, "tell me Mom, if I were you, are you going to ignore him for months too?"

"I don't know, my daughter. But..." Mrs. Park took a seat beside her daughter causing an addition of weight to the soft bed, her hand reached Chorong's. "Learn to understand, Chorong. Both of you are too young. Me and your father would not dare to let you to be with him if he's a not good man. So, if I were you, approach him. He's trying to apologize, okay? Isn't it enough?"

"But... You know, I am atleast trying to expect a bigger effort..."

"Oh, so the truth finally came out. Chorong, don't expect boys to be like that," Mrs. Park amusingly said.

"You are so biased, Mom!" Chorong whined, earning a playful laugh from Mrs. Park. "You'll understand me, Chorong. Trust me. By the way, how's your papers?"

Chorong did not respond. Mrs. Park then squeezed her daughter's hand again then kissed her forehead dearly. "don't forget my instructions, okay? Now, go to sleep, you have a big day ahead of you tomorrow."

Then she left.

Why asking me to fix my passport and visa so fast?

Chorong was puzzled. Questions popped out of her mind. How can they understand him like that? Do the people lack empathy for her? She has already asked the closest people around her already and all they said what that she should forgive him. How can she do that? Pride overpowered her. She closed her eyes. Please someone enlighten me, she thought as she drifted to Dreamland.

-------------------

Graduation Day

The next day, Chorong prepared herself for her most awaited day. At first, she had two reasons why she said that it's her most awaited day. One, she will finally end her college days and receive what she deserves to have. Second, she can finally reunite with him and celebrate her victory with him. But now that he can't come to her special day, she got less excited. But you have your own life, Chorong! Be excited, okay? She tried to convince herself.

She almost got late to her graduation due to a long preparation from make up to dress and other stuff. As she made it on the venue, she got nervous because of the speech that she's going to deliver later. However, her nervousness got overpowered by jealousy when she saw several lovebirds supporting each other on their graduation day. She also saw some of her batchmates taking pictures with special people of their lives, thus resulting her eyes to water a bit. I wish you're here with me, she said as she tried to stop the tears. She's hurting like hell and she can't do anything about it.

And so the graduation occurred. She received medals and tons of support, especially from her ever-supportive bestfriend Eunji, who has graduated earlier than her. That lessened the pain in her heart. In her mind, she knew that Luhan should thank his cousin for lightening the situation.

Later on, the emcee of the graduation ceremony called her to have her speech. "And now to have her speech as the batch's Magna Laude, let us have Park Chorong!" (A/N: Now sure how college students get awarded in South Korea, but remember: This is only a fan fiction, thus, this comes from my imagination. LOL. And there's a Magna Laude here in the country. :) Hehe.)

Chorong stood up from his seat, welcoming the loud applause and immediately walked up to the stage to face the students who are waiting for her speech. She got nervous but as soon as she has seen her parents who seemed to be so happy so see her success and her one-and-only Jung Eunji, her sadness and tension slowly started to fade:

"Of course, good morning to all of us! Archi students, this is our day! Congratulations. We all worked hard for this. I know, there were times that we almost gave up because trials keep on pulling us against our individual goals but still, we made it. We made it because of our hardwork, we made it because of our family. We made it because we felt the support and warmth of the people around us. Now that we're now on the next stage of our lives, let's not forget to go back to those who helped to be here, listening to my speech, wearing those togas and graduation gowns that were destined for us, that we have dreamt to have.

And as for me, I would like to thank the best people in my life. My Mom, my Dad, my best friend, my friends, and of course, my inspiration, who failed to be with me today." From this point, her tears started to fall down, earning an "awwww" from the audience because of she can be seen on the screen on both sides of the big auditorium where the graduation ceremony was held.

"Luhan, I don't know if you can hear me. Of course, I know, you can't but thank you for building the better me....

 

But this day, this is not only for me. This is all for us, dreamers! Let's not end our success here. We were born to be happy and to achieve our goals in life, until then, graduates, now let's stand up and do what we finally want to do to indicate our success," Chorong then placed the string on her toga to the other side. The other gradutes followed her. And then, that was enough. The graduates threw their togas and screamed.

Happiness overflowed the setting and Chorong was not only filled by it. Her happiness mixed with hurt and disappointment. As she went down the stage, her parents welcomed her and hugged her tight, telling her to calm down and telling her that they're proud of her. Thus, making her miss Luhan more than ever. She misses his hugs so much. His warmth, it's so uncomparable. She can't find it on any other people. His kisses, his voice. The way he says sweet nothings to her. She misses it all.

As soon as she calmed down and her parent left her for a while, someone approached her and gave her a bouquet of her favorite flowers. It was her blockmate, Kai. She got shocked at first. "Are... you sure that this is for me? This should be for Naeun."

But Kai gave her a big smile, "Of course I know. How would I graduate if I can't differentiate Chorong and Naeun!?" he joked at her. "Thanks for the flowers, Kai. You're going to miss me that bad?"

"Well, yeah, but, those are not from me."

Chorong's eyes widened. "Wait, from who?"

"From someone close to me. He told me that you look like a fool on your speech. Well then Chorong, I have to go." 

"Wait Kai! Who..." he had ran away already. Chorong was a bit irritated by the sender of the flowers. Who the hell sent these? Knowing that I'm already taken!?

However, she tried to forget her negative feelings after joining her batchmates for group pictures.

-------------------

(A/N: Now playing: Terrified)

Later on, she has decided to take a walk outside the venue. She felt bored because Eunji left her to take pictures somewhere, her friends have already left her after several short bondings and her parents went to somewhere that they did not bother to tell her. "Great, just great, they left me here with these flowers from an irritating sender," she told herself as she sat down on the bench outside, feeling the cold air. "And take note, this is my graduation day," she strongly stressed to herself. 

She started to stare at the bouquet of flowers with her, "Who else will give me these aside from Luhan?" she asked as if someone would answer her. It's impossible. Luhan is not yet in South Korea.

Five minutes later, she felt a familiar vibration on her phone. She immediately picked it up, hoping that it is a call from her companions but as she checked it on the screen, her brows almost met at the center for the call is from an unknown number. She hesitated to answer it, thinking negatively that it is from a stalker but still, she did answer. She'll not lose anything, anyway. She can change her number and report and something bad happens. "Whoever you are can you please stop sending..." she said iritatingly, standing up. But she was interrupted when...

"Congratulations, baby!" Then in a snap, there's mixed emotions in here. It's him. It's him who called. But she still hesitated, he said that he'll not be in her graduation, "stop fooling me and stop pretending to be Luhan, please. Stop sending flowers too!"

"But I am Luhan!"

"How can you call me with a local number then?" she raised her voice. The man on the other line laughed hard. "You don't believe me? Then turn around," he instructed her. And Chorong did as he said it.

As she made her spin, she saw a familiar figure far away from her, wearing a white long-sleeved polo and jeans, with matching shoes. His right hand waved at her while the other one was holding the phone. She watched him as he slowly walked towards her central sight. Chorong then started to wonder whether he did change or not. It has been years since he showed up to her. It has been years since she last saw him and felt his physical presence. It has been years since they became apart. She was not able to say anything. She waited for him to be finally inches in front of her, to be near to her just like how they were before. She could only bring down her phone, almost dropping it, luckily, Luhan caught her hands with a serious face, "hey! You're dropping your phone!"

Even with his white long sleeves, he looked so handsome, a level of appeal that will never be beaten up by anyone. His hair was so styled carefully, making her want to run her hands on it again. She stared at him for too long. He looked at her with his smiling eyes. "You like the flowers? By the way, I have watched your graduation! Congratulations and I am so proud of you! Though you look like a fool saying something to me when you think I'm not there, it was still sweet," he grinned. "I hope that you can come on my graduation too!" he exclaimed. He continued giving her a loving look, waiting for her to say something. Suddenly, tears started to fall down from her face, making him panic. She was just too surprised by the sudden turn of events. "Hey!"

She covered her eyes to hide her crying face. Luhan reached for her hands, prying them away from her face but she resisted. "Why are you crying?"

But she got weak, Luhan won and finally saw her reddish face, he wiped her tears away and hugged her tight. And when you say tight, it is very tight. After almost half a minute, he still did not let her go, "I missed you so much. I don't want to be separated from you for that long again," he whispered softly into her ears. Chorong cried continuously on his chest, her hands covering her face again. He let her stay at that position for several seconds until he let go of her. He removed her hands from her face to hold it. "Hey, look at me," he told her. She did not move. But he helf her chin and held it gently to make her face him. "I am already here. I am sorry for telling you that I can't be on your graduation. I was busy fixing everything, I was not lying at that part. I... I was here for several days already. I just... really wanted to surprise you on your special day."

"So this is the reason... why... Mom... was so biased of you..." Chorong finally said. Luhan smiled and gently reached upward to place a sweet kiss on her lips, closing the gap between them. Chorong, missed that. She did not respond right away but still, she did after a few seconds. She held the sides of his top tightly for support and shut her eyes tight to enjoy the moment that she has waited for so long. He then let go and held her hand, "so, your parents are already home I guess and so as Eunji. I told them I will take you home. So where do you want to go?"

"I hate you, I hate you so much," Chorong answered back, hitting his chest. "So this is why they are telling me to forgive you... Why my parents keep on telling me to fix my passport and visa? So I can attend your graduation?"

 

He nodded, making her cry more.

 

"Aw, my baby is really mad at me?" he said playfully as he caught her hands and earned one more hit from his ever-so-sweet-girlfriend.

Chorong turned her back against him and Luhan felt at that point that what he has done, maybe, had really hurt her. "Forgive me for feeling this way. But you don't know how stressed I was because of you... You made me worry and all..."

He didn't know what to do by then. He just hugged her from the back, turning Chorong's legs into jellies, "that's why I am so sorry. I just wanted to surprise you. But I'm not leaving for that long anymore, I promise," he told her. She then turned again to face him and she offered a pinky swear to him, "promise?"

"Promise," he gladly accepted. After the heartfelt moment, Luhan can only hug his girlfriend tight, hoping that it would start the several years of physical contact that they have lost, and hopefully, make up as time goes by.

 

 

 

Some do fail in love at first. But that should not stop anyone to believe that he/she can be happy. God has His timings and one should always learn how to wait. Things never happen without their respective reasons and what's meant to be yours will always be yours, whatever you do. So, for those who are feeling broken because of a love unreturned, never lose hope and never think that you will never be loved back. Soon, you will find the one for you, even if it takes different struggles, challenges. You'll never know, maybe the one for you is the one that you are having a simple "almost world war III" as of now. :)

 

---------------

Finally!

Woah. Haha.

Yay! Story done! Mehehe. I am actually in the middle of my midterms week and I am glad that finally, I have updated. So, of course, I am very thankful to those who patiently waited for my updates. I hope you did enjoy my story and sorry if I disappointed you, guys. Huhu. :( Though I hope I did not. So, yeah, till next time, I guess?

Continue in shipping ChoHan! :D

God Bless us! :D

 

PS: Leave final comments, please? :) Hehe.