A Random Day + An Opportunity

Almost World War III

"Why do you hate thunder?" Luhan asked he took a seat beside Chorong in one rainy afternoon. The two are now in Chorong's home, doing nothing after finishing some schoolworks but still, they're happy because they have each other. Days have passed since their moment in the rain and the since that night, their relationship has gotten so much stronger. 

The latter pursed his lips as she rested her back on the couch, shifting her eyes from the television right to him. "Well," she took a deep breath, finalizing the words to let out from . "I once had a pet dog. She's called Fluffy and I was walking her outside. Way, way back, I enjoyed thunder. And do why know why?"

Luhan shook his head and after knowing his answer, she continued, "Science... Science and all. I love scientific explanations."

"And?" he said, turning the television off to be able to concentrate on their small talk. "I never knew that dogs are afraid of thunder until I saw her reaction towards it. She made loud noises and it's so unusual. I didn't know what to do. I got scared because I love my dog too much. I immediately ran to the house to call everyone who were there. But don't get me wrong, I really used to love seeing thunder because of pictures but after what happened to my very first bestfriend, I felt like... Something has changed and I rather not force myself to love thunder again.because it's horrible."

He nodded as he extended his back onto her left shoulder. She automatically reacted, her head rested on his near shoulder as well. "So, what happened to her?"

"She left me after a couple of years. I was just a small girl back then and I took her seriously. I cried a lot. I think I'm missing her now because of you. It's your fault." She lifted her face to look at him, her hands playfully hitting him.

"Yah! Yah! Don't hit me!" he said as he tried to stop her brutal action. Chorong followed him anyway. "But you know what, Han?" she spoke again, this time she pointed out the blurred glass windows being attacked nonstop by the pouring rain, "rains are not that bad at all, I guess."

"Of course, we had so many moments in the rain. Do you remember when..."

"No, please, don't remind me of that. No, no, no, no!" Chorong covered when ears hardly so that she won't hear him. But then she still heard some words such as "run," "hug," "turned back," "idea," and more. Luhan tried to remove those hands away but she insisted. "Why? You don't want to hear what you did? You..."

"Oh my, please stop that crap. I hate you so much."

"You told me you love me under the rain and you ki..." he tried to say it loudly on her right ear but she covered it harder.

"Errrrrr," she stood up from her seat, feeling so embarassed from her cheesy but sweet (for Luhan) actions. Definitely, Luhan and Chorong are not Luhan and Chorong without arguing. Luhan formed a wide grin from his face, "nah. Park Chorong. You, walking out from me has no effect anymore. So stay here by my side," he said as he pulled her waist down to his lap. The girl tried to let go but he's so strong that she surrendered after some tries of struggling.

"Let me go!" she said.

"Ani."

She lost power and stayed like that. He, resting his head on her shoulder and his arms around her waist. She, sitting on his lap, her back against his chest. "I guess this is one of the best rainy days ever," he told her.

"Can we stay like this forever?" he asked as he spoke again. Chorong moved a little to hit him on his head lightly, laughing. Luhan frowned and puffed his cheeks. "You're trying to be cute, Xi Luhan. And no, we can't stay like this forever because we have so much things to do."

"I am handsome, I am not cute. But since you said it, then I'm cute," he fought back. Chorong formed a small circle in , not tolerating his narcissism. "Wow! Okay, mister, as you said it," she said as she clapped her hands, full of sarcasm.

The two stayed silent for a moment until Luhan broke the silence. "Chorong, what are your future plans?" he asked her.

"After we finish college?"

"Just anything you have in mind."

"Hmmm... Architect. I want to be an architect," she said happily. Luhan looked at her with sarcasm like he's surprised. "Me too, I want to be an architect as well. Are you copying me?" he asked. Chorong let out a hearty laugh, "of course no."

The two stayed silent after their sharing of a "newly discovered dream" until Chorong broke from their cuddle, making Luhan whine a bit because he loves the scenario. He tried to get her back again but she won this time. Chorong sat beside him then looked at her boyfriend. "I want to be an architect then plan my own house. Plan my own family, of course. Can you help me with that?"

Luhan gave her a reassuring smile as he reached for her little finger and entangled it with his, "of course."

"You won't leave me?"

"Why would I?" he asked her.

"Just say yes."

"Yes, I promise, happy?" he surrendered and Chorong nodded in satisfaction with a smile on her face. Then she raised their hands and said, "we have so many promises with each other already, Han. You're adding another one?"

He let go of her little finger and intertwined her fingers with his' as he answered her, "I am not afraid to make promises to you. I know that I can make them all come true because we will never be separated. You think of the same way too, right?"

She was touched by his words. Then she thought, God, what did I do that you gave someone like Luhan to me? She looked at him and saw the same sincerity in his eyes, the sincerity that she fell for, the sincerity that she will always fall for. She stayed like that for a few seconds until he became too conscious from her stare, "why are you staring at me like that?"

"Nothing. I'm just so lucky to have you."

"You really are," he said, pinching her cheeks playfully. She faked a burdened face. After Luhan let go of her face, he spoke, "I want Daehyun to become someone real." Her face changed. Daehyun, their son on the Sociology class? What the hell is he thinking of? She could only hit him hard for his words. Luhan got shocked of her action. Of course, violent Chorong is violent Chorong but what did he say that she had to hit him?"

"Hey! Hey... Why are you hitting me?" he said, words flowing in a not-so-continuous-way because of her force. "ert! You are such a ert!" she said, getting the pillows to hit him more but Luhan was able to grab the pillows from her and throw it away. "I didn't mean anything like that!" he said. Chorong was embarrased for what she did. "But.."

"What I mean is, I want to have a family with you in the future. I am not thinking of anything bad at this moment!"

"Oh, o-okay. That's good," Chorong finally let her guards down. Luhan felt quite relieved but then, an idea formed in his mind. "Why? Are you thinking of something right now?" he . Chorong's eyebrows creased together and hit him again, "o-of course, I'm not thinking of anything!"

Luhan laughed out loud for her answer and Chorong, this time, was the one who pouted for her defeat. And that's how the two spent the rainy afternoon together ----- by cuddling, talking and most of all, and by her hitting him multiple times.

 


Two years later...

 

The whole class wherein Chorong and Luhan belong had a long exam in Architectural Design I. For the students, it was hard, hard enough for some items to not fit into the capacity of their minds for now. For the two, it was hard as well. As the professor instructed the students to pass their papers, the students began checking their notes to assure themselves about the solutions that they had written on their respective test papers. The class began to go back to their normal state.

"You may now all go," Mrs. Shin announced as all the test papers reached her table and got piled up by her. The students immediately began packing their things. Luhan walked towards Chorong.

"So, how's the test?" the male asked the girl whose currently stuffing her studying materials inside her backpack. "Actually, it's hard, I have to be honest with that," Chorong said, lifting her head up a bit to see his still happy face. "You're smiling. Does that mean the test is not hard at all for you?"

"It's quite hard actually, but I'm confident that I'll pass," he answered honestly. Just then, he adjusted the support of his backpack hanging on his right shoulder, "let's go?"

"Okay."

The two walked together and approached Mrs. Shin. "We'll be going ahead, Ma'am," Luhan politely told the professor and Chorong showed the professor a happy smile in return. Mrs. Shin, whose currently checking the papers, raised her head up to see the visage of her students who are bidding her goodbye. "Alright, take care, you two."

The two did not remove the smile on their faces and began to walk out, but the two stopped as Mrs. Shin called their attention, "Wait, Mr. Xi, I have to talk to you... Privately." That made Luhan and Chorong, who are chatting happily stop on their tracks and look at each other with a changed expression. "Mrs. Shin, did I do something wrong?"

"Ani, not about your behavior nor attitude. Ms. Park, please go out for a while." Chorong locked eyes with Luhan for one last time. "I'll wait for you outside," grasping softly his arm before going out.

Luhan walked towards Mrs. Shin and faced her at the center of the teacher's table, "Ma'am, is it about my exam?"

"No, no. Your, exam, well, I have checked it already, just now. Good score. Job well done, " Mrs. Shin answered him, hands clasped together and rested safely on the table. Luhan smiled at her as she said it. "It's just that I have an offer. This is a great opportunity for you, actually," she continued.

Luhan began to wonder, "what do you mean, Ma'am?"

"National University of Singapore is currently open for exchange students on the next academic year. Out of all the students in Architecture who are in the same level as yours, you are the most qualified student and for that, I would like to offer you to apply for this. Mr. Xi. You can now apply for being an exchange studentt since you will be on your fourth year, first sem on the upcoming academic year. I believe this is one chance that any student would not miss," the professor explained calmly. Luhan's face suddenly had a bloom, extreme happiness expressed on his aura.

"I'll think about it, Ma'am," Luhan answered after a few seconds of internalizing what he had heard just now. "Okay, Mr. Xi. You can go now. If you have questions, feel free to ask me."

Luhan nodded and left, he did it as told. As he got out of the room, he saw Chorong leaning on the railings, looking at the view that it offers, her back facing him. Still the same feeling, years had passed and he still remembers how he got amazed of her on the first time he saw her crying on the rooftop. The lady is still unconscious of his presence and Luhan took the opportunity to wrap his hands on her eyes. Chorong on the other hand, reached for his hands to throw them playfully from her eyes to uncover her sight. "Luhan," she called for him, laughing. Luhan let him go and the girl turned her back to face him.

"So what did Ma'am tell you?"

"Nah, nothing really important," he said. The girl did not believe him though. "I don't think you're telling the truth," she pouted in return.

Luhan is very happy for the offer that he got, but on the other hand, he's sad because that means that he has to leave Chorong. He doesn't know how will she react. He has not idea how long distance relationships work and he's afraid to lose her just like that... if ever he accepts the professor's offer to him. He doesn't want to tell her right now about it either.

Good timing, Luhan.

"Let's go," he held her hand. That's enough for Chorong to forget what she had asked him a while ago.

------

 

Kyahay! Did you miss me guys? :D So, here's the update! Thanks to those who have posted their comments and hi to the story's supporters as well. Please let me know about your feelings about this chapter. Hehe. God Bless us! :D

A/N: Typos will be edited later.