Signs

Almost World War III

Luhan decided to leave her alone and go on to his own destination. Hanging the right support of his backpack to his right shoulder, he carefully went down the stairs, back turned against the girl on the rooftop. The male held his head low while having his deep thoughts. He's thinking about the realization he had just now. He repeatedly asked himself, "Is this what I really want?" eventhough he knows that he can't get the right answer while he's in an environment with a casual crowd.

Soon enough, upon reaching the exit of the university, he had decided to the place wherein he finds peace – the Han River. Eversince he had been in South Korea, he has been fond of going to Han River, thanks to this adventuruous self for being able to see it. As he reached the place, his footsteps became slower as he saw the beauty of the place. He has decided that he's going to stay there until the sun goes down.

Luhan loves watching the the sunrise and sunset. Eventhough he's overpowered by weakness and problems at times, all of the negative vibes in his body gradually disappear in an instant whenever he sees that there are still beautiful things in the world that no one can replace, and the way the sun goes up and down is included in it. He feels like the calmness is an energy to him, helping him all throughout everything.

He had his one last step and took a seat on the nearest place where he can lie down his backpack and his body. The sun is about to go down, he knows it. He's beginning to be calm. He began to ask his heart as if it's going to answer him directly, "how are you? Are you sure now?" The male looked at his surroundings and saw people with different expressions at their faces. He saw many happy people. He also saw alone ones, just like him.

He then thought of something and began to his bag and got a piece of clean paper. He thought of what to write but after finalizing his thoughts, he had finally knew what to express:

March 3, 2014

I think I am willing to let you go. SJH. Thank you for the memories. I hope this time, I'll be doing it right.

Goodbye.

He took a deep breathe after writing it and felt like he's finally free. He had also realized that he should have done it a long time ago already. He also felt like he's so outdated, because between the three of them  – he, Seohyun and Gui Xian, he's the loser one. "Finally," he told himself, with a small smile on his face.

He watched the sun go down and admired it like it's the first time that he has seen it. After the beautiful scene, he left Han River to head home, leaving his note, hoping to give an encouragement to any brokenhearted person who will get to see it.

----------------

The next day of school went fine. The professors began to state their requirements for school, preparing the students for the hell that they are going to enter. Chorong listened attentively and tried to ignore Luhan, who on the other hand, had been quiet too since he had gone to the classroom. She also went early so that he can't seat beside her anymore.

Luhan on the other hand, sat on the row behind Chorong. He keeps on taking a glance on her, checking her. He watched her from behind. She smiles but he can see that there's something missing in it. He wants to be the one to complete that smile in her face. Subjects and hours passed and now, they can go home already. The male was about to go home but Kai, his classmate, approached him.

"Luhan," the male with tan skin approached him, "are you interested with the varsity?"

Luhan looked at him and answered right away, "definitely yes. Are there auditions coming up?"

"Yes, later," Kai said in a happy tone, looking excited, "you should come. I'll be going there too."

"Of course, of course."

After his conversation with Kai, Luhan looked again to where he had last seen Chorong but she's not there anymore. He had lost his track on her. "Maybe she has already went home," he said to himself,  sad smile forming on his face.

And since he had to wait for the auditions, he has decided to go with Kai.

-------------------

"My cousin is a nice person, believe me. Once he says that he wants to befriend someone, he means it," Eunji encouraged Chorong as they sat on the nearest bench in the Han River, "I've been with him for years and honestly, he is a very good man. You can't judge his whole self just because of what happened to the amusement park. He just likes making pranks with people. And it just so happened that you were there. And you were his and Sehun's victim. Don't worry, I also experience the same."

"But you're the cousin..." Chorong protested.

"No but's. I know, I am the cousin. But being the cousin doesn't give me the obligation to be the ONLY one who gets pranked," Eunji reasoned out, making Chorong raise both her hands, indicating that she's surrending against the great Jung Eunji's highlighting.

The two decided to meet after each other's class and Chorong had also told Eunji about what happened. The latter actually got surprised. She even asked the former if she's just joking or not but Eunji only got slapped playfully by Chorong in the arm.

"But really, I am not joking, Eunji."

"If I were you, why don't you just stop that foolishness of yours and start befriending him?" Eunji recommended, "you know, I would feel better if you'll end up with him, seriously."

"Please don't talk like that yet. I am not even sure about what I want to do," Chorong said, looking at Eunji like she had said something very impossible.

"You know what? You're really funny," Eunji faked a laugh, making her bestfriend laugh too. "I'm trying to help you here, okay? I know I don't have much experience in love. And..." she stopped and bit her bottom lip.

"What? Please continue. I'll not get angry, I swear," Chorong said.

"Alright, alright. Promise?"

"Yes," she assured her and she shifted her gaze to her right and saw a piece of paper folded.

"Okay, I mean, I know that I haven't experienced what you have experienced a long time ago, you know, being embarassed and creating a scene in the mall, but, just move on. I have told you that you should be happy, okay?" Eunji told Chorong who keeps on looking at her side. "Hey, Chorong, I'm serious here!"

"I'm sorry Eunji, oh well... I just saw something," Chorong said as she tried to get the piece of paper and unfolded it. Eunji got intrigued too that's why she snuggled closer to Chorong and read the note on the paper with her:

March 3, 2014

I think I am willing to let you go. SJH. Thank you for the memories. I hope this time, I'll be doing it right.

Goodbye.

Chorong stared at the paper for seconds and focused her attention there. Her companion could only observe her. Eunji got surprised too for it's her first time to see a note like that in the river.

"Woah. SJH? Familiar," Eunji reacted, "it's my first time to see something like this here. And imagine, out of all people who might see and get this, is it you who have gotten it?" Chorong shifted her gaze to her talkative bestfriend as she then asked, "Chorong, don't you think this is the sign that you've been looking for?"

The one being asked is speechless. It's true. She has been asking for a while to the Heaven above for a sign that will tell her it's time to fall inlove again and as soon as she saw the content of the note, she got speechless.

"Eunji, I never believed in signs but this one is..." she's at loss for words. She folded the paper again and put it inside her bag. She smiled at her Eunji, "I want to find the one who wrote this."

"What? How can you find the one who wrote that? I mean, you're not even sure if he's a boy, a girl... Even lesbian or gay," Eunji said in disbelief.

"I don't know... I just want to find him... Or her...errrrr. I don't know. I hope God will make a way for us to meet."

"Someday, Chorong, someday," Eunji responded as she observed the sky carefully and see the changing of the sun's position. "Look!" the curious girl followed and looked at the sky too, "the sun is going down."

"The sunrise and sunset are two of the most beautiful things ever," Chorong said as she observed the slow phasing of the sun, changing its color to a darker one, indicating that it's already time to end the day and start a new one tomorrow. 

-------------------

The next day...

Luhan and Kai continued in the auditions and they both got accepted. The audition's results got announced an hour after the actual event. The two are very happy actually. As they reached the classroom, their classmates congratulated them. He felt like things are getting right in place, just like where he wanted them to be. However, Luhan is waiting for one greeting that will complete his happiness.

"Chorong," he called her to have her attention. The girl looked at him with a quite irritated face, before she can even speak, he spoke first. "What is that face?"

"What do you want?" she said coldly. Luhan looked at her in disbelief, "have you wondered why you keep on hearing 'Congratulations' and 'You did a good job?' today?"

"Ummm..." the girl looked at him, eyebrows almost meeting each other in curiousity, "no," she looked at the surroundings, "why?"

"What? Me and Kai passed the varsity audition," he answered her, "congratulate..."

Luhan was about to continue but Chorong stood up, leaving him wide-eyed. He followed her movement and saw that she approached Kai. She looked so happy when he approached Kai. She seemed to congratulate her. After the greeting, the girl went back to her seat, returning to the frowning Luhan.

"How about me?" he asked, pouting. "Stop pouting, you don't look cute."

"I'm not saying that I'm cute. I didn't even realize that I am pouting."

Chorong gave him a look and then gave up, then she said straightly, "okay, Luhan, congratulations."

"Why are you so cold?" he asked her. "How can I even appreciate your greeting if your tone is like that? You know... Cold and emotionless. I already said sorry about what happened before, right?"

"It's none of your business..." she said as she get her sketchpad in her bag. Luhan looked at her and observed her well. He kept quiet as she drew something and it's a boy, sitting in the grass as he watched the sun set. "Woah, why are you drawing something like that?" he asked.

"Well, something happened yesterday and..." she was about to tell her story but she was stopped when she realized that she's being friendly to him. She suddenly discontinued concentrating on sketching and looked at the boy at her side, "hey! Don't watch me draw! Get off by my side!" she slightly yelled at him.

"But the professor is not yet here," he reasoned, "please let me watch you,"  he requested as he tried to calm her down, lightly touching her closed fist with a drawing pencil and guiding it down to the sketchpad, telling her that she should continue what she's doing. Chorong resisted at first but since she knew that arguing won't do any good, she gave up. "Alright."

Luhan had a happiness in his heart for he knew that this will be the start of the good relationship with Chorong. Though he knows that there will still be many times that she'll yell at him, he knows that he'll gradually make it to her heart and melt that ice that is covering it.

--------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yaaaaaaaay. Update again. Thanks to those who wished me to do a good job on my finals. My exams are now done and... Yeah, another update here. I do hope that I'll have good grades. Please pray for me. Hehe. Thanks.

 

Please do comment too. I swear. I really appreciate reading them! :) And so as the upvotes. Thank you!

Thanks also to those who have subscribed. :) I'm sorry if there are typos. Anyway, I'll try to edit this later. :) Hehe.

 

PS: I changed the date of Eunji and Chorong's friendship day to match make the story a bit more realistic.