Hurt

Almost World War III

Chorong is nervous. Today is Jooyeon's birthday party and she doesn't know what to do. She keeps on telling Eunji that she doesn't want to go there but the latter keeps on insisting that she has to go. She remembered Eunji's words:

"You have to go. If you will not go, then that means you're weak for you haven't gotten over Kris."

It's true. She has gotten over Kris and she's ready to love again, knowing that this time, Luhan will be there to catch her. With him, Chorong felt security, that one thing that she needs in order to know that this time, she can love again. And with the help of Eunji's advice, Chorong gave up and let her best friend win in her second thoughts.

Since the party is formal, she wore a black sleeveless dress, perfectly matching her white skin. She asked for her Mom's help with the other details. Luhan and Eunji offered to fetch her so that they'll go together at the party and now, here she is, sitting in one of the sofas in the living room with her hands fidgeting.

"Baby, don't be so nervous, okay?" her Mom told her, patting her head as she sat beside her.

"But, Mom, Kris will be there," making her Mom frown a bit for hearing the guys name. That's enough for Chorong to know that she's the only one who hasn't moved on from her past. "So what? You have Eunji and your boyfriend with you," her Mom told her.

"Mom, I don't have a boyfriend yet!" she protested with her widened eyes. She felt blood rising through her cheeks, making her bow down so that no one can see her face in that condition. Mrs. Park could only look at her with her smiling eyes. "But you are blushing, baby. It's okay, you don't have to deny it. We like Luhan for you."

What, Luhan?

"Luhan? Mom, he's not yet my boyfriend..."

"Not yet, okay, okay. But he's a good guy. Me and your dad likes him for you. Is he courting you?"

"Actually, yes, but..."

"Keep him and don't let him go."

Chorong was about to respond but a sound coming from the doorbell ruined the scenario. Chorong looked outside, and so as her mom. The latter went to check who came. Chorong's another reason for being nervous is because of Luhan. What if he doesn't like her dress? What if he doesn't like her make up? Her get up? The heavy feeling faded when certain three people landed their gazes on her as they entered her territory, making her stand up from her seat.

He looks so handsome tonight, she thought. With a blacksuit that shows his manliness and with a hair styled up carefully to complete his look, Luhan looked so effortlessly attractive. The girl in black dress stared at her suitor with amazement visible in her eyes, resulting for the other two females in the scenario to be forgotten.

"Ehem," Eunji, who also looks so pretty in her white cocktail dress, broke the silence. Chorong's Mom laughed at the scene. Luhan and Chorong got embarassed because of this. Chorong walked towards them. Luhan stood up beside her and his left arm slowly made his way to her waist. He leaned in and whispered, "you look so beautiful tonight." Chorong nervously answered him with a simple thank you.

"Auntie, we have to go," Eunji, with a smile plastered on her face, told the older woman. "Take care and enjoy. Please go home safely, and Luhan..." Mrs. Park called him. That's enough for Luhan to know what to do. "Yes, Auntie, she's safe with us," then he waved at her, telling her that they have to go now.

Then the three left.

------------

The party is actually fun and the dance floor is now open. The birhday girl is so happy because of the presence of her friends. Chorong kept on looking at the her surroundings while sitting at the table with Luhan. Eunji left because she has to meet her 'special friend' somewhere at the party. Luhan felt Chorong's uneasiness. He leaned in closer to her, because of the loudness of the music. "Is it because of him?"

She did not answer. Her face still as blank as Kristen Stewart's common face. "Come on, I'll not be angry."

It took her seconds to nod her head. "I'm sorry Luhan, I'm still nervous. You know that..." she was about to say her whereabouts until he reached for her fingers and intertwined them with his. "I... I don't know what will happen after I see him again. I know, I have gotten over him but I don't know what will I feel after I see him tonight," she admitted. Luhan tightened his hold on her. "No matter what happens, I'll be here for you."

"Thank you,"

And just about in time, Eunji ran towards them, her face seemed to be a bit in shock. Chorong got more nervous for she thinks it's the moment that she's wanting not to come.

"He's here, with Jess."

Chorong wanted to run away but Luhan stopped her. "No, don't go. Face him like you have moved on and you can now live without him."

She stayed and look at her surroundings until first love and his girlfriend, hand in hand, came into her sight from afar, talking to their common friends. They seemed to be happy. Still surviving. Her heart began to break into pieces. It's like she had never read the stranger's note on the river. It's like she never did something to move on. The hurt is like the one she had experienced before. Her heart, it feels like it's being jabbed by a strong knife. She had forgotten Luhan's presence. She stood up and ran away. Luhan chased her but Eunji stopped him. Chorong knows that he wants to put her heart into its sober state again but she doesn't want to be with others right now. Tears dropped from her face as she ran away. She isolated herself and went to the comfort room. She locked herself for minutes and cried out. Her cries are audible enough for the other girls who entered the comfort room but she did not care. When she got out, she saw the girl whom she's afraid to face.

"Chorong."

"Je... Jessica."

Jessica hugged her tight. "You looked so beautiful... But... Did you cry? Why? Do you have any problem?"

She faked a smile, "ah, no... This is nothing."

"Oh... Okay, how are you now?"

"I'm fine," she answered. She hesitated to ask but she continued it anyway, "how are you and Kris?"

"Kris is here too, come on, let's go to him," Chorong wanted to pull her and plead her to stop hurting her feelings. But Jessica looked so sincere and happy. Chorong felt like she's a loser in a race. Why? Why is her heart still aching? Everybody's happy but she's not yet completely over her first love. Kris saw the two coming. He got surprised as he saw Chorong. He waved happily at her as the two girls approached him.

"Kris! Chorong is here!" Jessica told Kris excitedly. The male hugged Chorong. It's not bothersome for Jessica because she and Kris have cleared up this issue years ago already. After Kris broke his hug on her, Chorong smiled towards the two. "You... You look good together, reallty," she motioned her hands towards the two. Kris and Jessica smiled sweetly at each other before Jessica held her hand and told her, "thank you so much Chorong. I know we had a dark past but I just want you to know that I'm sincerely happy to see you. Because of you, our relationship has gotten stronger and I just want you to know... You deserve to be happy."

Her heart ached. Yes, I deserve to be happy. Yes, I do. But when can I finally feel that happiness? 

Kris agreed with his girlfriend. "Chorong, you know that I am very sorry for our past. We're young back then. I hope you have completely moved on.because we have done it already. Guess what? Me and Jess are moving on to Paris soon. We'll study there!"

Chorong smiled involuntarily, "I am very happy for the both of you. Really."

"Thank you, Rong," Jessica answered.

"But as you see, I... Have to go. I have an early class tomorrow and it's getting a bit late. I'm happy to see the both of you," she lied for they really have no classes tomorrow. She wants to go too because she's afraid that Luhan might catch her. She hugged Jessica tightly again and so as Kris. "Let's catch up some time," then she had her farewell to the couple and to the party as well.

As she got out of the gate, she saw Luhan, standing alone and he looked like he is in deep thoughts. She stared at him for a while, not sure of her feelings towards him. She likes him, granted, but Kris still has the power to control her and she felt like a fool while talking to the two earlier.

"Chorong," he called for her softly but she ran away. Tears beginning to fall from her face again. She ran eventhough it's harder for her now. This time, Luhan is chasing after her and she's still wearing her stilletos. Unlike a while ago, he stopped chasing after her because her bestfriend stopped him.

"Chorong!"

Luhan called her but she ignored him. She tried to run faster but he caught her. "Luhan, please let me go."

"No, I won't..." he insisted.

"Luhan!" she yelled. He let her go and tried to make her face him but Chorong did not do it. And like a good timing, a loud crack overpowered the surroundings, causing Chorong to feel scared. A thunder hit the sky and Chorong is afraid of the thunder, Luhan knows that because of Eunji's autograph. She hates the thunder and she fears them. He hugged her and let her cry. Chorong felt so powerless as the droplets of rain began to strike on her. Soon enough, droplets of water completely fell from the sky and a heavy rain started to hit them.

"Chorong, let's go in," but she did not move towards his words. She cried and cried, he let her cry on his shoulders. For Luhan, whatever pain she feels right know stabs him twice as the hurt as that she feels. She's a girl and he can't force her to be as fine as he is right now for her had moved on already with his first love – his first love who is happy with her life now with someone else. She's not as strong as him.

"Please let me help you, Chorong," he let go of her and touched wet face, forcing her a bit to look up on him but she refused to. The two did not care whether their clothes are not soaking in water, whether their looks are completely ruined. They are completely overpowered by their contradicting emotions.

"Chorong," he called her again. This time, she looked up to him and tried to open up for him. "Please, please let me into your heart."

Luhan started to lean to her, trying to close the gap between the two of them. She did not protest as he continued what he's doing. He closed his eyes and she did too. She feels so tired. She waited for him as he closed the remaining distance between them, thus, making them sharing a kiss in the rain. The kiss... It's slow but she felt so secure, but she wanted to be alone, thus, she broke from the said moment. Luhan was surprised because she still chose to go away from him.

He have decided to not show up to Chorong again that night. He waited for her to go home but he hid somewhere as long as she'll not see him. She's confused right now and she needs time, have patience, Han, he kept that in his mind. When he saw her enter her house and he left. To ensure he keeps his words, he called her Mom and explained what happened.

------

Thanks for the support guys. Sad update. :(