Her Turn

Almost World War III

The two males continued talking. But what they didn't know was the fact that Chorong was listening to their conversation. It's actually accidental. She  did not tell Luhan that she'll be at their house because she's preparing a surprise for him for their second anniversary on Eunji's room and it just so happened that she went down first and headed to the kitchen before the two boys arrived and rested on the living room. She was happy, even happier when she had recognized her boyfriend's voice. But her hapiness faded when she had heard what they were talking about.

Her heart got torn into pieces. Luhan will leave her? Can she take that? She tried her best to keep quiet so that the two won't catch her crying heart. But her effort's not enough. She immediately ran silently to the garden with her greatest power for her presence to be left unnoticed by the two

---------

Eunji let out a nervous grin as she mouthed the direction to the kitchen. Sehun signaled him to go there. Getting the meanings of their actions, Luhan then went to the kitchen, afraid that Chorong had heard the conversation that happened between him and Sehun, but she's not there. He then went outside the garden with his suspicion that has started to get stronger.

And that is where he saw a shadow of a girl leaning her body to the wall with her head hung low. He looked for the girl whom the shadow copied and finally found the girl that he has been looking for, Park Chorong. His Park Chorong, who's now covering her face using her hands to hide her crying self from the sky, from the plants... From the eyes of Luhan. Sniffs can be heard from her. Her cries that she's trying to suppress as she escaped the inside of the house, that's the only thing that Luhan was able to hear as he got out and landed his eyes on her sad aura. He hesitated for a while if he'll come near her but he still continued anyway.

He has to. He needs to. He wants to. 

He slowly walked up to her until he's now leaning on the wall beside her. She's still trying to stop her tears but as she felt his presence, it became harder for her. "I know you heard us..." Luhan spoke to open up the matter. Chorong did not speak, instead, she continued crying louder until Luhan felt the need to do something; and that is to hug her.

He hugged her tight, his right hand roaming on the back of her neck while the other one is on the small of her back. He tried to calm her down by whispering sweet nothings to her, hoping that it would help but it seemed to not give off any effect as she strongly fought back against his warm body, hitting his chest. "Baby, please say something. I didn't mean to..."

Chorong continued hitting him, "Don't call me Baby! Don't call me baby. Stop being sweet! It hurts!" she argued, "and please stop making things hard for me... Stop lying to me," she said as she continued speaking. "Han, I love you so much but I can't let this pass by. I love you so much that I'm willing to be separated from you. You need this opportunity and I don't want you to lose it just because of my selfishness. But until when can I do this? I love you so much too that I do not even know until when can I survive without you being on my side... Physically, to tell me that I can do everything as long as we're together..." then she surrendered. Luhan hugged her tighter, inhaling her sweet scent.

"Luhan, can we do that? Can we survive a long-distance relationship? Or it is better for us to break..." she suggested as she broke away from him. Luhan disliked her idea. Without even finishing her sentence, he answered back immediately. "No, no. I won't break up with you. You can break up with me but I will never allow that. Chorong, it has been two years, right? It has been two years since we have started. How about our promises? How about everything that we've been through? Are you going to forget it just like that just because of this exchange student thingy?" he said as he accidentally raised his voice to her. Luhan never raises his voice, unless he's feeling that he has the need to do that. Chorong shivered as the cold wind passed by her. Luhan then realized what he just did.

"I'm... I'm sorry for scaring you, baby. I never knew it would turn out like this. If you want, I better retract from the plan and..."

"And that is what I cannot do to you. I don't want you to do that just because of me. Please, please go. It will be hard for me but I will try to be strong for you, for myself, for the both of us..."

"I'll only study there and I'll be back. I swear, after I come back, you are still the one in my heart," he said. "I had experienced enough hardships to have you here with me and I cannot..."

"I cannot afford to lose you because of that. Chorong, I am afraid to go but this is for us. One day, one day we'll have our family and I want our children to be proud of us. But if I really have to choose between the program and you, I'll still choose you."

Chorong answered by snaking her hand to his back, hugging him, shaking her head, "you don't have to choose. You don't have to. I'm so sorry Han for overreacting. I was carried away by my emotions. I don't know. Can you blame me? You made me so used of your presence," she let us a small laugh as she broke away from him, making the male curve his lips. "But Han, tell me, assure me you'll not change." Luhan let her go as he set his little finger, "just like the promise that we once had in the Han River, I promise... I'll come back as a better man who loves Park Chorong even more. So Chorong, can you wait for him?" he asked. It's hard for her, yes, it's so hard but she loves Luhan so much that she can do everything for him. She intertwined her little finger with his, teardrops escaping her face. Luhan looked back at her with sadness in his eyes as he wiped the tears in her eyes with his other free hand. As the two let go of their pinky promise, Chorong then wrapped his arms around his waist, "how can I live without you?"

"We can talk everyday. You know that I can always make time for you. You can ask me about your assignments. Everything! Try to be happy while I'm not here. Eunji and Sehun are here. Your family, my family. We can do this, okay? If you want, I can even let you sleep in my room."

Chorong breathed on his chest as she inhaled the scent that she'll really miss. "When are you going to Singapore?"

"Ma'am said that it'll be in two months."

"You're going to end this sem first?"

Luhan nodded.

"Then let's make every day worth it. I guess it's now my turn to do something for you."

"Thank you so much Chorong. Having you is one of the best things that ever happened to me," Luhan told her as he rubbed his thumb on her back of her hand. Chorong tightened her hold on him. "I should be the one to tell you that, my savior. I love you so much."

He faced her and tucked the strand of her hair that's covering her angelic face. He leaned closer, closing his eyes as he planted a kiss on her forehead. Chorong closed her eyes to treasure the moment. He then went down to whisper something to her. "I love you more... More than you'll ever know."

 

 

----------

 

 

Okay, I know, this is some sort of a crap. -___________- I'll try to edit this sooner, as usual. So, what can you say guys? Huhu. Short chapter for this one. Well, I thought it's better two separate the 16th chapter from the 17th. Phew. I'm so happy to know that I have gone this far on this story despite of the writer's blocks. Few chapters left. So, how would you all want the story to end? You can recommend me something. HAHA! Thanks for supporting me. God Bless us!