Why?

Almost World War III

Days had passed and nothing changed much except that the students are getting busier. Homeworks, reports, plates, name it. One by one, they are starting to come. It's a good thing that they are now in the college level, wherein there's no killing pressure for students.

Meanwhile, Chorong is also quite getting annoyed of Luhan. Well, she can't understand him. Sometimes, he keeps on teasing her, especially on her embarassing moments, like when he caught her when she almost slipped on the floor during one of her visits to Eunji's residence. Sometimes, he's being sweet too, considering the fact that they are not that close. He'll send her "good morning" and "good night" messages at times. She even scolded Eunji for giving her cellphone number to her persistent cousin, but her bestfriend only laughed at her. There's also one morning when he left a small but cute teddy bear in her seat. Because of that, their classmates began to more, making her more annoyed. She thinks that Luhan is just annoying her, considering the fact that what happened to them on the fist time they met is not good.

And now, there's this one morning that when she got out of the house, she found Luhan waiting for her. When she asked him why he's there, he only told her, "well, I didn't know that you're living here. It just so happened that I was here when you got out of your house," that's what he reasoned out, when the truth is he asked Eunji for her personal details.

Of course, Chorong did not believe his... alibi. She tried walking faster but Luhan can still keep up with her speed. "Why do you keep on following me??" she asked in annoyance.

"I am not following you, okay? There is no other way to go to school aside from this one," he answered confidently, hands on his pockets. She could only sigh because of frustration.

"Then why don't you just atleast go ride a bus or walk faster or slower than me?" she asked irritatingly as she stopped on her tracks. On the other hand, the male stopped too and faced his irritated crush. "You cannot blame me if we have the same speed."

Chorong  doesn't want her day to be ruined just like that so she just let him do what he wants. As they walk, he inched closer to her. She did not mind it all. For her, Luhan is just playing a joke on her. "Luhan," she called him.

"Yes?" he replied in return.

"What can you get from wasting your time on me?"

"I am not wasting your time."

Chorong looked at him again, "yes, you are. Everything that you do, you do it because because you're making me your victim, right? Come on, Luhan! Can't you just stop it and bother other people? It's bothersome to me."

Luhan suddenly stopped walking and shifted his eyes to the girl he's walking with. The girl looked at him seriously too, proving that she's not afraid of him. He walked closer to her, making Chorong take a step backward. He stepped forward again, making her step backward too. She's not used anymore with skinship with guys nor being in a short distance with them... But she has yet to admit that this man that she's with is making her used to those things again that Kris made her experience before.

She didn't know when was the last time that she felt nervous because of a man's presence. She can't remember the last time that she felt nervous whenever she smells a manly scent. She can't remember the last time that she got nervous because of a man's stare. But here she is again, nervous but trying to look like she's not.

His stare is so intense. Chorong felt her knees weaken. "Chorong, this is not right," she mentally cursed herself. Good thing, she still managed to ask him.

"W... What are you doing?" she asked nervously.

He did not talk back. He just examined her beautiful face, starting from her eyes to nose down to her lips. Chorong is getting really nervous of what's happening. She just can't believe that she's stuttering.

Luhan only flashed a smirk in return, then left the speechless Chorong. "Ya----yah! Luhan!" she exclaimed in disbelief. "You did not even answer me!" Because of that, Chorong swore to herself that she'll never ask Luhan again regarding those kind of things.

------------------

"So, for your project in Sociology, I'll be going to pair you guys. Of course, one boy and one girl," Mrs. Yoon said as she stated one of her class' requirements for her subject.

"Ma'am, what are we going to do?" Naeun asked in curiosity.

Mrs. Yoon only smiled at the class, "you'll all know after we know the pairings." Then she clasped her hands together as she looked at Naeun again, "so... Ms. President, I want you to list down the names of your female classmates. There are 25 students for both males and females, right?" she asked and Naeun nodded in agreement.

As soon as Naeun finished, Mrs. Yoon asked her to cut the paper so that the male students can pick one from the names. The other students got excited because there will be chances for them to be partnered with the one they want to work with. Meanwhile, Luhan, on the other hand, is nervous. Of course, he wants to get the name of the one he's been persistent in making himself be noticed by her. He looked at his other blockmates. "Phew, good luck, I think I need you," he softly whispered.

As soon as Naeun finished what the professor told her, the male students started to pick up the names of their female blockmates. He's very nervous about the one he'll work with. Since he's the last one to pick, thanks to his surname Xi and thanks to the teachers for arranging them according to the English alphabet, he was able to observe the expressions of his male classmates. Some are happy and some are disappointed. Some are excited too. He did not even notice that it is now his turn to pick.

"Luhan," Naeun called him. He looked up and saw the ever-so-serious Naeun holding a fish bowl, "yeah, yeah, I know," he picked the last paper remaining. Before he opened the paper, he took a deep breathe... But before he can even do that...

"Who did you pick?" Kai and Baekhyun asked him. The male gave them a nervous smile as he returned the same question, "I still don't know. How about yours?"

Kai and Baekhyun looked at each other, like they're thinking of something evil. "Hey, I'm asking the both of you," Luhan complained..

"I have picked Bomi," Baekhyun answered. Luhan then looked at Kai, who gave him a teasing smile, "I have picked Chorong."

As soon as Luhan heard Kai, he suddenly opened his paper, which also had "Chorong" written in it. "How can that be? Cho..." he reacted exaggerately, making his two other male friends laugh at him. "I'm just joking bro, mine says Naeun..." Kai said as he laughed, earning a glare from the victim.

"So," Mrs. Yoon interrupted, "the girls whom you have picked will be your respective partners for the project. As you see, this is a sociology subject, and I want you to be a bit realistic with this subject," she explained. The girls became now more curious. Even Chorong, she wants to know who have picked her name, though in her mind, she doesn't want it to be Luhan.

"The boy and the girl whom he has picked will take care of an egg and decorate them, thus give them an identity like its their own child," as she further explained, the class gave a violent reaction, "yes, yes. You'll be parents for this subject. And every meeting, you'll bring the egg. It cannot be cracked. The parents must take care of them." Luhan started to have that victorious smile in his face. Yes, another score!

"Before your final examination, I'll be releasing a birth certificate for the eggs that you're taking care of. So now, to the boys, please read the names that you have picked."

The boys then started to read the names. Of course, there's the teasing from all the other classmates. However, they're all waiting for their first and original loveteam of the room. When it's Luhan and Kai who are left, Chorong started to be nervous. "No, no, this can't be. Please," she said this repeatedly in her mind, making those words like a mantra.

"Son Naeun," Kai finally said whom he have picked. Their blockmates teased the two a bit. But when it's Luhan's turn, Chorong was the one who got the stares of their blockmates. "I think you two are meant for each other," her seatmate, Dara . The girl only chose to give her a small smile.

"Park Chorong," Luhan said. Chorong watched him as he said her name. She really wants to hate herself for admiring his confidence.

"Okay, stop the teasing," Mrs. Yoon said. "This requirement is not made for what you are all thinking. This is made for all of you to understand the value of family. In some way, this will make all of you more responsible. Well, we all know that someday, all of you will have your own family, and I believe this will be a helpful tool to all of you. More details next meeting. Class dismissed," Mrs. Yoon said to end her subject for the day. As she left, students began to make loud noises. Meanwhile, Luhan reached Chorong, whose currently have a disappointed face.

"Chorong," Luhan called her with a big smile plastered in his face. Meanwhile, Chorong, who's currently busy writing in her 2014 Planner, chose to not mind him at all. "Hey," he repeated again. "I am calling you."

He then grabbed the source of her business, "hey, Luhan, give me my planner!"

"I won't give you your planner unless you listen to me!" Luhan said as he ran away with the planner in his hold. Chorong then ran quickly to catch him. When they reached the end of the corridor, the male stopped, well, not because he's already tired, but because he doesn't want Chorong to end his life yet. After five seconds, she came running after, catching her breathe. "Lu... Luhan," she called in exhaust. Good thing that there are no other people there. Chorong supported herself by having her right palm into her chest and her left one on her patella. As soon as her breathing became somewhat normal again, she began trying to snatch her planner from Luhan. "Hey, give me that."

She can't reach her planner because Luhan extended his arms so much that Chorong can't reach it. Luhan is really inches taller than her that's why it's hard for her to reach it, considering the fact that he's stronger. When it's her tenth attempt already, the male did something that she did not expect. He quickly placed the planner from his one hand to the other. Then his free arm grabbed Chorong's and pinned her the wall. Once again, Chorong became nervous, heart beating faster than the usual.

The two locked gazes to each other for several seconds and kept quiet, until Chorong broke the silence and grabbed the planner right away, while Luhan is distracted. The male finally let her free. He watched her as she turned her back against him. He's also surprised by what he did but he can't deny, he enjoyed the moment. He facepalmed himself for his actions as he began to think, "am I being so fast?"

 

----------

 

Thanks to the latest update of Meant to Be, I was inspired to post another update for this day! I sweaaaaaar. I wanted to hurt myself because of the butterflies in my stomach. T___________T

I'll be back soon.