Ruined

Almost World War III

She opened her eyes, only to feel a bit irritated because of the alarm clock's disturbance. She was having a beautiful kind of dream until an awakening sound echoed repeatedly through her ears, making her senses open again for the reality where she is living in. The lady moved a bit, stretching her body that has been temporarily semi-paralyzed. She then reached for that object that has ruined her long rest and checked the time. "9:00?" She checked again the time, thinking that maybe, she's just dreaming. But no. "It's already 9:00? I'm late!" She mentally smacked herself for resting too much. She has to meet up with Eunji at 8:45AM but here she is, still unprepared. And worse, just woken up.

Oh well, how can she wake up early if she spent the rest of her night gluing her eyes on the screen of her laptop?

Chorong hurriedly reached for her cellphone, hoping that Eunji hasn't texted her yet and asked if she's already prepared. Knowing Eunji, the former knows that she's just fooling herself for her friend is some kind of a nagger, Today, February 26, is actually their favorite day and they have committed theirselves beforehand that they will meet every year of that day. February 26 is the day the two met and they treasure that day so much. Eunji and Chorong has been friends for around five years and in that a bit long span of time, they have known each other well. On the other hand, they have accepted that "Chorong" and "Eunji" that they have known. Oh well, as she unlocked her phone, she nervously checked its messages. And tada! Out of ten unread messaged, half are from her beloved friend.

From: Eunji

Message: Yah! Are you prepared now?

From Eunji:

Message: I'm going now to the amusement park! Yay. I'm so excited.

From: Eunji

Message: Where are you?

From: Eunji

Message: PARK CHORONG!

From: Eunji

Message: WHERE ARE YOUUUUUU?

She was about to read the others' messages until her caller tone became suddenly audible, enough for her to know that Eunji's calling, her name appearing on the screen. Chorong did not hesitate to answer the phone though in her mind, she's quite afraid to be scolded. "One, two, three," she counted before pressing the 'answer' button on the screen. "Ehem, Eunji?"

The girl on the other line then responded, "Yah! Where are you? You're already late? And why is your voice like that? Don't tell you just have woken up!?" Chorong's ears actually had a hard time surviving her bestfriend's angry voice though those ears were already trained for it. Eunji's angry voice is really different though. How cute, she thought.

"Eunji, hmmm... I'll just follow you right there... Well, I had some errands here and..." she made sounds that might help in making the signal seemed so lost for them to talk properly "and there's no signal here and... I'll see you later!" Eunji was unable to respond back because she turned down the call after her very last word. Chorong then hurriedly grabbed the towel and prepare herself for her supposedly wonder day.

-----------------------

At 11:30AM, Chorong was able to finally step her feet to the amusement park. "I wonder where she is now," she told herself. Chorong looked for her phone, reaching it from the inside of her cute red backpack. She dialed Eunji's number but the latter is not answering her phone. She repeated the same action for around ten times but the result is still the same. She ended up texting her. "Yaaaaaah! Jung Eunji! Where are you?"

After a minute or two, there's no response. "Oh well, I should enjoy myself here first while she's not yet responding," she thought.

Chorong first went to the ticketing area. She saw lots of people there but still left with no choice but go on with it. She falls in line with the other people who wants to enjoy the ride. While waiting, she rolls her eyes to look for beautiful sights and decided to bring out her camera that she has newly bought. She really likes Photography that much.

She's happy with what she's doing until she felt a strong pressure on her back, making her bumped the person in front of her accidentally. She was shocked, her camera almost fell hard on the ground but she was alert enough to quickly save it. She apologized for the happening to the one in front of her as well. It's a good thing that her victim is nice. She sighed. And with eyes full of irritation, she turned the other way around and face the person who caused her the embarrassment. "Yah! Why did you do that to me?"

As she set her eyes on that person, she saw a man whom she presumed is also on the same age as hers or maybe a year older. He has a very attractive pair of doe-like eyes, a height that is taller than hers and an aura that can make any girl's eyes sparkle in an instant. He stood in front of her, acting like nothing happened. He stared at her like he did not do anything. Indeed, that man who is in front of Chorong is attractive, "but arrogant," she thought. With her angered expression, she confronted him, "Yah! What's your problem?!"

The man looked at her, making Chorong a bit nervous inside. Good thing, she still managed to look tough. "I did not do anything," he responded straightly." With that answer, she gained more rage. Due to their arguing, the girl did not realized that the line has gone forward and other people has taken her place already. However, she did not mind it at all for she's very angry with the man.

"How could that be, Mister? As you see, you are the only one who is behind me at that time and now, you'll tell me that you did not do anything? Wow! Just wow!" Chorong clapped her hands in sarcasm but she did not realize that people are now giving her suspicious looks. Looking embarassed, She dragged the man. "Yah! Let me go!"

"No! Not until you apologize!" Chorong blurted out.

"Why would I do that?" the man answered. "I did not do anything! I was even shocked because as you turned at me, you immediately yelled at me like I stole your money or something." Chorong gave him the what-the-hell look. "So you're saying that this is my fault?"

"Not really, but since you thought of it, then maybe..." he's still speaking but he was cut off by her. "You are such an arrogant man!" Knowing that the situation is hopeless, Chorong gave up and told him her last words for the conversation. She let out a sigh and calmed herself down. "Look. Let's just forget about this. I'm bound to have a wonderful day and I don't want someone like you to ruin it. Okay, I have to go and I hope to not see you again." She raised both of her hands up, acting like she's surrendering.

That's when Chorong went out of the scene. She did not let him speak another word and went out of his sight. She rushed back to the line and waited for her turn.

-----------------

 

Chorong did not notice the time. As she opened her phone again, Eunji has already replied.

From: Eunji

Message: Mianhe Chorong, I was unable to check my phone. I went somewhere entertaining. Where are you?

"Finally," Chorong smiled like nothing happened to her earlier, forgetting everything that happened. She replied to her bestfriend. She told her to go into the ticketing area and wait for her. After a moment, her eyes saw that familiar figure that she has been looking for all this time. That famliar figure didn't seem to notice her. Chorong waved her hands to Eunji but the latter did not mind her, thus, went nearer to another familiar figure that she has talked to earlier, no, actually, she has screamed to earlier. Chorong wondered what's happening. "Why is Eunji talking to him?"

She sent another text to Eunji again. "Who are you talking to?"

As the line made a progress and she's just 10 people away from the one releasing the tickets, she waited for Eunji to reach for her phone and read the text. "Maybe she would think I'm just teasing her or something," Chorong thought. On the other hand, Eunji was enjoying the conversation with the man and later on, seemed to feel the vibration on her phone. After the girl has read her text, she laughed and showed the text to the man that she's talking to. The man showed some kind of shocked expression too but laughed a little. Eunji, as a response, did not text her back, instead, she called..

Chorong immediately answered her phone. "Yes?" She quite nervous. Is that man her boyfriend? Relative? Or what?

"Yah! Where are you? I saw my cousin here accidentally. Well, you have to meet him! He's the one that I've been referring to you!" Chorong raised her eyebrows as she heard Eunji. Well, Eunji has been talking to her about her certain cousin. Neither did she know that she would meet that person accidentally without her bestfriend's help.

"Ah, well, I'm... Wait a second..." Chorong's turn has finally arrived, she bought the tickets that she need... Or shall we say, the unlimited rides pass that she wanted. Eunji waited for her to respond again but soon chose to turn off the call as she realized that maybe it's her turn already on the line. She walked nearer to the ticketing area and waited for Chorong. After Chorong bought what she needed, she went away from the line. She was about to reach for her phone again but Eunji has called her already. "Chorong!"

The one being called raised her head up and looked on the direction where the sound was from. She immediately went with her bestfriend and started a coversation with her. "Where were you?"

"Well, I decided to walk around here and explore. Hey, my cousin is still there!" Eunji said looking afar but added... "Oh! He's not alone. He's with Sehun now."

"Who's Sehun?" Chorong managed to ask though she's already nervous when she heard the word "cousin." She tried to change the topic. "Wait, Eunji, do you have your pass already?"

Eunji nodded and pulled Chorong near her cousin. "Sehun is Luhan's bestfriend." Chorong formed on "o"  shape from , nervousness getting stronger. As they went near to Eunji's cousin, Chorong's heartbeat went faster. "What am I going to do?" she thought. She calmed down herself, It's his fault! Why am I so afraid?

Eunji lightly tapped her cousin's back. He seemed to enjoy talking to Sehun. Chorong is still nervous. She's even planning to apologize but she changed her mind when she heard the two talking.

"Well, she's very angry at me and she's funny..." Sehun laughed too. "But really, you pushed her?"

"Yeah. I just wanted to." Sehun then noticed Eunji at the back with a girl. "Luhan, someone's behind you." The latter turned his back and his smile faded as he saw the one he's talking to to Sehun. Her eyes did not change. Still angry as before. Eunji is there too but she's unlike Chorong. She's smiling to him. Eunji seemed to notice Luhan's direction that's why she looked at Chorong.

"Ah, Chorong... What happened? Have you seen your ex-boyfriend or something? But you have no ex-boyfriend, right?" Eunji asked. "By the way, this is Luhan," she made a gesture towards Luhan. But it did not lighten the tension. "And Luhan, this is Chorong, my bestfriend. The one that I've been talking to you."

Eunji is now getting worried, "And that's Sehun too, Luhan's bestfriend." Sehun waved his hand to Chorong as a sign of saying hello. But Chorong still looks too angry. Chorong let out a simple "Hello" to the two boys, obviously unhappy to meet the two of them.

Silence then overpowered the scenario. She can't hold it anymore. Chorong pointed her finger towards Luhan, "so, this arrogant man your cousin?" She stressed the word "arrogant" in her sentence. "Arrogant?" Eunji then looked at Luhan but he avoided her eyes. She nudged him, "have you seen her before? What happened? What did you do to her?" she asked because she's clueless. Eunji gave him the killer eyes. She knows her cousin. He's quite mean to girls. He often makes fun of them. She knows it for she's one of his victims.

"Yah, answer her, what did you do to me earlier?" Chorong said. Luhan took five seconds to answer. "Well, ummm..."

"Why don't you answer in behalf of him, Sehun?" Eunji started to get irritated. But the taller boy did not. "Well, I don't want to. Luhan is not yet finished with his story." He grinned nervously, obviously just trying to escape the girls' heighted emotions.

"I accidentally pushed her earlier. Well, I am very sorry for that, Chorong." Eunji seemed to not believe him.

"Yah! Xi Luhan! Don't do that again!" Eunji looked back at Chorong, "Hey. Let's forget what happened. Forgive him for me, please? Promise, I'll talk to him later."

"Why would I? They were even talking about me earlier. Didn't you hear them?" Chorong tried to copy Sehun's laugh to demonstrate it. Sehun only shuffled his hair for his actions earlier. "I am very sorry about it, Chorong. I won't do it again. I swear."

The angry girl looked at him but still return to Luhan, waiting for him to say something. Finally, Luhan spoke, "I'm very sorry too. I won't do that again. You were so funny earlier..." Chorong interrupted, "and you think I am some kind of a clown? I look funny? Huh? You pushed me!" Luhan still has to say something but Chorong interrupted again...

"Eunji, I am going home. Let's go out some time again." Chorong said firmly and immediately ran away.

 

 

--------

 

 

Yay. First chapter. Haha.