Girls

When Photos Come Alive

I had to come up with a one-shot because the song is so beautiful. I love it when songs have beautiful and meaningful lyrics. I would like to inform first that because September 30 had been and still is a sensitive topic, this is just a fanfiction that i came up when i listened to the song. It holds no truth to any incident or happening. I hope everyone can read it with a light mind.


 

Will you listen? I’m softly singing this song for you. Can you feel?

 

“What the hell is this guys! Did you all really agree on kicking me out? Really?”

“Jessic-“

“After all these years? After all the ‘forever’ and non-existing “soshibond” that we had?”

“Jessica, it’s not what yo-“

“What “Indestructible” and “Divine” these are all craps! Who would have thought that the closest people to me would do this to me?!”

“Jessica, we didn’t do it!”

“Bullsh*t! What do you mean you guys didn’t do it when the truth is just in front of us now. Eight tickets guys, eight! None with my name! And here I was thinking that it’s been so long since we had a schedule together as a group, looking forward to coming back from New York and enjoy the fanmeeting with you guys but instead got greeted with “Jessica you’ve been dismissed from the group”!”

“So you knew that you arrived from New York to attend our group schedule? You weren’t even present during practices! The company had been asking for your presence and we were busy covering up for you, hoping that you would show up somehow but you never did until hours before our schedule!”

“And that gives you all the reason to terminate me? I spent seven freaking years training and another seven years singing and dancing to cringe-worthy songs, practicing all night and day together with you guys or heck even more considering my trainee years, but I got kicked out just because I missed out on some stupid fan meeting practice?!”

“Oh so now fanmeetings are stupid for you huh? You haven’t been setting your priorities right ever since you started your business Sica, and that’s also one of the main reasons the company decided to terminate you! We tried to protect you! And this was the best option that was given by the company to us!”

“Well then you guys haven’t try hard enough! And what do you mean the best option? So kicking me out was the best option? I see what you guys had decided on. There were never Nine in the first place. Renewing the contract was probably the worst decision I have made. I should have pressed on then to leave immediately after the fourth album. How could you guys made me stay only to have me kicked out few months after I signed on the god damn dotted it for the ing stupid contract!”

“It was for the best!”

“Well thank you for the last farewell present then! Cutting off from you guys would probably be the best decision too! It wasn’t nice meeting you eight. Hopefully, we’ll never meet again.”

 

Our hearts are shared with each other, this song is for you.

 

“Tiffany, is it true that Jessica got dismissed from the group?”

“Taeyeon, what are your views on the situation?”

“According to her weibo, she mentioned that “the 8 others” informed her that she is no longer a member, did you girls really kick her out?”

“Yoona, was the group having any discord which result to this?”

“It was said that Jessica left because she was having plans of marriage. Did you guys not support her and kicked her out because of that?”

“Was it because of her business?

“What’s the current situation of the group? Is Girls’ Generation going to end?”

Reports swarmed the airport that morning the moment after Jessica clicked ‘send’ on her cellphone to publish that message on her Social Networking Site.

Fans were all wishing for it to be a rumoured, or more so that her account was hacked by some hater, but instead on that (not so) fateful morning when the girls finally arrived at the airport and they counted from the right “1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8”, eight. Only eight were present. And neither was wearing any smiles on their faces.

Some were seen with solemn faces hiding behind their sunglasses, while some were clenching their fists tightly, brisk-walking into the terminal, instead of their usual ‘airport runway’ walk.

When asked ridiculous questions by the reporters, the girls were seen ignoring the camera flashes with no comments made. It was requested of them to keep quiet while they continue with their schedule for the day and let the company handle the situation.

The company, it was always the company. It was the company that brought them to where they are now with all the spotlights and attention, but it was also the same company that would probably bring them down from where they brought them to.

They did not really have much say in the situation, and they could not disagree too. Not when the company practically held on to the stupid sheets of paper that basically represented their lives. They had to carry on with their schedule not because it was an order, but because at the end, the fans will still be there. They had to, for their fans.

From the start, it has always been Nine. And they had promised each other that they would end with Nine as well. But promises were meant to be broken, and they could not protect what they held on to the dearest, just because of that damn contract.

They were given a choice – the group or Jessica. Only one can exist without the other.

It wasn’t a decision made overnight. Of course, the years and moments the spent together did come to consideration. But in the end, Girls’ Generation was a legacy they created, and they had decided to complete it without or without Nine, because it was what brought Nine hearts together as one.

 

Don’t just trap yourself in a strong image. Sometimes, you can take out your soft face that you’ve hidden away.

 

None of them were fine, but at least the other eight have each other to lean on. She was alone.

“Girls’ Generation Ex-member Jessica cried at recent fan meeting in Seoul”

It’d be a lie to say that she did not miss her members, or her life as an idol and entertainer. Ever since September 30th, she had officially begun her life as ‘Creative Director or Blanc&Eclare, Jessica Jung’.  It has been hard, proving to everyone that she can do just as well, or even better on her own, being the boss of her own business instead of ‘Girls’ Generation Jessica’.

But sometimes, it gets lonely.

For more than half of her life that she has been and still is living, it was spent with ‘the 8 others’. She ate with them, practiced with them, slept with them, cried with them, smiled and laughed with them and literally lived with them.

She knew them like how each and every one of them knew each other through the reflection of their eyes. When she first told them about her decision to finally start her own business and launch her very own design brand, she could see that ‘the 8 others’ were genuinely happy for her, their eyes sparkling with tears, proud that she have finally managed to fulfill her long-time dream.

And she knew and believed that they would not just ‘kick’ her out like that, but she did not want to hear the truth from them, because the truth may not be what she expected. Because the truth is always ugly.

Like how the truth is that, there would never be a beautiful ending just like how she wished it would be.

 

Sometimes I get worried about the useless fights. And regret over my pointless complaints.

 

“Man, why are there so many of us, it takes so long to prepare as compared to when we were preparing for Taetiseo.”

“Yah! Are you saying that we’re extras and not needed?”

“Yeah yeah, we know you three are the best vocals but you can’t be a dance group without us dancers.”

“Heyyy, I’m just kidding guys. What’s Girls’ Generation without all Nine right?”

---

“Hey you guys are eating too much. The company will go bankrupt soon if you girls continue to eat like Nine pregnant ladies.”

“But Oppa, we need to energy in order to do well. Wouldn’t want us to get into another headline for half-as*ing our performance right?”

“Yeah, besides, what’s better than eating to release stress? And we would only be on an eating spree for like once a year? So stop complaining and eat with us.”

---

“Yah, you guys are too heavy the lift can’t carry us all!”

“Well says the one who stepped in and got the lift going off for being overweight.”

“Yeah, maybe it’s time for our piggy to lose some weight.”

“I’m not fat! And I’m not a pig!”

“Hahaha, we’ll meet upstairs!”

 

If someone close by forgets and leaves behind their dream for a moment, We’ll just chase them and raise them up when they fall

 

Forgetting had never been easy. Not especially when you practically stuck together during childhood, through adolescence, and even when blooming in a lady’s most beautiful age.

Yes, they may have supported her for choosing her own dreams. But when love comes in to the picture, everything changes. Hyoyeon only had regrets and nothing else for introducing her (ex) best friend to the guy. He was known for his games but she still introduced them knowing how he can help Jessica with achieving her dream.

Needless to say, he managed to charm her along the way. And being the princess that she is, she thought she found her perfect prince (not-so-charming). And that’s when love makes one blind. It hazes one’s consciousness to see what’s wrong and right, because everything just felt so right when in love. And when one fall too deep into her ‘fairytale’, there’s no other way out other than the hopeful ‘happy ending’.

 “I don’t think you’re listening, but I hope you know that if you’re tired or alone, you can always come back home. It’s just something I wanted to say to a friend.”

And that is also when the rest can too, only hoped that one day she would come back to them. One day, she will come back home.

 

Without being shaken towards our dreams, we’ll keep walking.

 

Standing on the big stage in front of 50,000 fans shaking the significant pastel pink light sticks, it was yet another dream fulfilled. It was a dream by Nine, but was also witnessed by Eight. They were all worried that the incident would somehow affect the ticket sales, and decided to just enjoy the night with a light heart.

But once again, the fans never disappoints. Shaking the light sticks that represent their favourite girl group fervently, the fans sang along to the three hour long concerts with their renowned hits.  These fans were like the 10th (or 9th) member that practically celebrated each success together with the group.

And on this eventful night, when the girls sang Their song, the fans had again, poured their hearts out together with the girls. They covered the holes in the Eight hearts, helping them to get through the concert.

 

The end of this journey is still far ahead. Towards the future, the story goes on.

 

Towards the end when they came together in a circle, they looked at each other in the eyes. After this, it would be a new beginning.

Today, they had fulfilled a dream they shared with her. Tomorrow, they will continue their legacy they started with her. Because right now, from now on, forever, it’s Girls Generation.