The Morning After [2/3]

When Photos Come Alive

Inspired by: Yoona and Seohyun’s update

Characters: Yoonyul, OT9

Continuation to The Night Before. Well, it was supposed to be a one-shot on Yoona's Birthday but it turned out too long so i divided it into 3 parts. For those who don't know, the group photo uploaded by Yoona and Seohyun was taken by Tiffany. And as explained by Seohyun and Yoona, the other members (Yuri and Taeyeon) weren't present in the photo due to practice/personal reasons. 

Rino is their choreographer.

Enjoy.


She was greeted by the sun shining through the full length window across the room. Rubbing away her sleep, she could feel her eyes swelling up from last night’s crying. Last night. She remembered explaining to Yuri and then crying hysterically in her arms. Yuri. Scanning her eyes around, she couldn’t find her in the room. Yoona then ran out to the living room, ignoring her unpresentable self.

“Oh hey, the birthday girl’s up.”

“Good afternoon Yoong. And happy birthday.”

“Happy birthday unnie.”

Disregarding her members’ wishes, she needed to find the girl and explain everything to her. She needed Yuri to believe her. Although she heard Yuri apologizing to her last night, she wasn’t sure if those were what she really meant or she was just spouting drunken words. She needed to speak to her when they are both conscious and sober. But that girl wasn’t spotted anywhere around the dorm.

“Unnie, where’s Yuri?” She asked second oldest.

“Um, she went out with Taengoo.” Jessica hesitated before answering.

“Where?”

Jessica was looking around giving eye signals, hoping that some other members would save her from Yoona’s questions. And the other American girl caught her signal and answered.

“Well Rino called them back, saying that there were some changes with their choreography for the tour, so they had to head back for some practice. But don’t worry, they’ll be back soon.”

Catching up with Tiffany’s attempt to divert Yoona’s attention, Sunny spoke, “Yeah, why not you go get ready and we’ll head out for lunch, we have the whole day free anyway. Besides, it’s your Birthday.”

“I’m not hungry.” Yoona said before entering back to her room.

---

The truth was two hours ago, despite the groans from the members and her pounding headache from the hangover, Yuri had woke everyone else up except Yoona, and had them gathered at the living room for a small ‘meeting’.

She then told them what happened yesterday, including their short yet emotional quarrel last night. She was guilty and sorry for not trusting Yoona enough, and instead throwing hurtful words at her, when she was in fact, innocent and faithful to the relationship they shared all these while. She needed her members’ help to bring back a smile on the beautiful doe eyed face and apologize for causing tears to run down those fair cheeks.

“You should’ve told us when you saw the news, Yul.” Tiffany spoked after hearing her explanation.

“I’m sorry, but I didn’t want to spoil the mood yesterday.” Yuri replied.

“Yoona must be so heartbroken.”

“I know, that’s why I’m asking for you guys’ help. Please.” Yuri looked at her seven members.

“Get her a present?”

“Bring her out for dinner?”

 “I’ve thought of it. But those are too common. I want something that can portray my sincerity.” Yuri sighed and plopped down on the sofa.

“What’s romantic and touching?”

“I don’t know.”

“Me too.”

“Fany and Sica? Any ideas? You guys read a lot of romance novels.” Hyoyeon asked and two pillows flew at her.

“What? I was just asking.”

“Unnie, when did you realize that you had feelings for Yoona unnie?” The youngest asked.

“Well.. since we were trainees? I met her in the corridor along the practice rooms. She was so lost. I wanted to play a prank on her like how Hyo Sica and Soo did to me before, but when I approached her upclose, I couldn’t speak and I was awed. She was so beautiful then. She’s still beautiful now, but she has been beautiful ever since young.” Yuri spoke, reminiscing about the past.

“Yeah, she was the topic of the company. Everyone was talking about the beautiful new trainee that came in. Turn out she’s a huge choding.” Jessica smiled while recalling their trainee times.

“Yuri and Yoona would always hang out together, going around pranking the other trainees. And poor Tiffany would always fall for their plans.” Taeyeon laughed.

“Hey, I was innocent back then! Although I still fall for their tricks every now and then.” Tiffany mumbled the last part, which did go unheard by the rest and everyone laughed.

“Back then they were so alike, everyone would get confused, calling Yuri ‘Yoona’ and Yoona ‘Yuri’. It was so funny.” Sooyoung said and the members nodded.

“Remember when Yoona was doing the show with Big Bang’s Daesang? They had to compete on seeing who spend lesser allowance for the week. And we tried feeding Yoona food during practice without getting caught by the PD. Yoona and Yuri was wearing the same hoodie back then, the cameraman got so confused.” Sunny recalled.

“Those were fun times. But seriously though we were so shocked when they stood together beside each other in photos, because they look so alike that even Yoona’s sister thought Yuri was Yoona’s long lost twin or something.”

“And then Yoona got tired of all those and chopped of her hair for ‘Tell Me Your Wish’.” Hyoyeon joked and everyone laughed.

“She’s still pretty.” Yuri commented.

“Unnie, how about a trip going for down the memory lane?” Seohyun said.

“Huh? What are you talking about Seo?” Everyone looked at the said girl.

“Didn’t you ask us to help think of a plan for you to apologise to Yoona?” She reminded her unnies.

“Oh right, we got so carried away while talking about the past.”Taeyeon replied.

“The past! I got what you’re trying to say now Hyunnie!” Yuri exclaimed while giving Seohyun a hug of gratitude.

“Guys, I got an idea now, thanks to Seohyun. I’ll need all of your help.” Yuri announced.

“What are you going to do?”

“Well, as Seohyun suggested, I’ll take Yoona down the memory lane.”

“How?”

“I’m gonna bring her back to when we first meet, and how we fell in love and got together, from our trainee period till now. I want to show her that I still love her like the first time I did.”

“Aww that’s so sweet!” Tiffany squealed.

“I’m gonna need you guys’ help. Distract her while I go prepare the small little surprise. But I’ll need some help with the preparation too so I’ll need Taeng to come with me.” Yuri told them.

“You can count on me bro.” The dorky leader patted her fist to her chest and pointed at Yuri.

“Alright then the rest will have to distract Yoona for the rest of the afternoon. Bring her out for lunch, to shop, have a cake, small celebration, whatever. Just avoid from dropping by the practice room because that’s where the surprise will be.”

“We’re the best at causing distractions.” Hyoyeon smirked.

“It’ll be best if you just keep quiet for the whole afternoon or you’ll spoil the surprise.” Sunny joked.

“HEY!”

“When will we bring Yoona unnie over then?” Seohyun asked.

“I’ll send Jessica a text when everything’s ready. Since she’s always with her phone.” Yuri looked at Jessica.

“You got me.” Jessica waved her iphone back as a response.

“Alright then, I’m counting on you guys. Let’s get ready Taeng.” With that said, that’s the start of Yoona’s birthday surprise.

---

Back at the present, the six girls were thinking of valid reasons to bring the birthday girl out. They’ve promised Yuri to help her out with the plan and they didn’t want to ruin the plan.

“Go talk to her Jess.” Tiffany nudged.

“Why me?”

“You’re the oldest here now.” Sooyoung reasoned.

“What the heck Soo?”

“She’s your favourite dongsaeng.”

“Fine! But you guys have to come with me.” And they proceeded over to the couple’s shared room.

“Yoona..” The not-so-icy ice princess called out when they entered the room.

The said figure was lying on the bed, and sniffs can be heard softly from under the blanket.  Jessica went over to Yoona and removed the blanket covering the crying girl.

“Yoona, why are you crying?” She wiped away the younger girl’s tears.

“Yuri must be disappointed with me right? That’s why she avoided me the moment she woke up.” Yoona sobbed in her unnie’s embrace.

“Oh Yoona.. if only you knew.” Watching her innocent dongsaeng crying over her love, Jessica almost wanted to tell Yoona the truth. She couldn’t bear to see the pretty doe eyed, who was usually all smiles and playful, crying in the room.

“Knew what?” Yoona however, managed to catch on her words. She stopped her sniffles and looked at Jessica.

“Knew that we were planning to bring you out for dinner and throw you a mini celebration before Taeyeon and Yuri joing us back later in the evening.” Tiffany said before throwing her best friend a glare.

“Yeah. Come on Yoona. Yuri will join us later, don’t worry. And she wasn’t angry or disappointed in you or anything. In fact, she went off in the morning with a bright smile.” Jessica told her, which was partly true since Yuri did go off with Taeyeon feeling excited about her plan.

“Really?”

“Of course Yoona. Now let’s get moving. I’m hungry and I know you are too. Let’s go grab a feast. Manager oppas won’t be able to stop us today since it’s our free day.” Sooyoung said, hoping that food will be able to cheer Yoona up.

“Yeah Yoona unnie. I won’t stop you from eating unhealthy food today since it’s your birthday.” Yoona chuckled and the others were relieved to see Yoona calming down.

Sensing her members’ sincerity in wanting to celebrate her birthday with her, she didn’t want to let their efforts go to waste. She wiped off her tears and told them to wait for her while she prepare. With that said, the rest of the girls give each other a high-five before preparing for the day. Mission accomplished.

---